Pete -- Now you know why we go to WDW instead of DL!

calypso*a*go-go

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I agree completely about the prices in So. Cal -- everything seems to be higher! Even though we live in WA state it actually costs less for us to fly to Orlando and go to WDW than to go to DL. In doing a price comparison after our trip to Anaheim earlier this month, we can spend 10 days in FL for the price of 7 days in CA. So it's an easy choice for us as to which one to pick. :thumbsup2

We decided not to do Disneyland because WDW is cheaper on food options/transportation options and a bit more flexible (NC Beast's Dad has just been diagnosed with cancer). We even come ahead even we had to upgrade to a moderate for free dining when we switched weeks.

I have not had a chance to listen to this week's episodes so I may have additional comments later.

We decided not to do Disneyland because WDW is cheaper on food options/transportation options and a bit more flexible (NC Beast's has just been diagnosed with cancer). We even come ahead even we had to upgrade to a moderate for free dining when we switched weeks.

I have not had a chance to listen to this week's episodes so I may have additional commets later.

Sending my love and Pixie dust! :wizard: :hug:

I hope its not too serious

We decided not to do Disneyland because WDW is cheaper on food options/transportation options and a bit more flexible (NC Beast's has just been diagnosed with cancer). We even come ahead even we had to upgrade to a moderate for free dining when we switched weeks.

I have not had a chance to listen to this week's episodes so I may have additional commets later.

:grouphug:

:grouphug: :grouphug: Our thoughts are with your family! :hug: :hug:

Sending my love and Pixie dust! :wizard: :hug:

I hope its not too serious

NC Beast's father's cancer has spread quickly to his bones, but his various doctors think with hormone therapy and another treatment---he has potential to live at least 4 years (this one is recheck in 2 months to see if it is working). NC Beast's father has a positive attitude and lives near top notch facilities like Johns Hopkins plus others. My in-laws just got confirmation yesterday on his type of cancer after various tests over the past month.

Thanks for the pd/thoughts.

Belle -- I think you accidentally left off *Dad* in your post because reading it, I thought it was your DH that had been diagnosed. So sorry your family is having to go through this...prayers and pixie dust to all of you. :hug:

Belle -- I think you accidentally left off *Dad* in your post because reading it, I thought it was your DH that had been diagnosed. So sorry your family is having to go through this...prayers and pixie dust to all of you. :hug:

Oops...I forgot spell check again. The other day I told some buddies on another thread that my Sis ran the Boston Marathon when I was really needed to add Sis' dh. The funny part is my Sis is expecting her first born in July so it would had been a sight to see.

Prayers and pixie dust for NC Belle. But share some tips on how you guys find flight deals! Unfortunately we can't afford WDW very often and we have to stick with Disneyland. I haven't found it that expensive, but then again we don't stay anywhere fancy and we don't head out to the San Diego, Santa Monica, Santa Barbara area which yes are much more expensive.

But feel free to share good flight sites or food deals you have found in the parks for us west coasters who are dying to make it back to WDW!

But feel free to share good flight sites or food deals you have found in the parks for us west coasters who are dying to make it back to WDW!

Will do! For the most part, I've had the best luck with decent airfare on Southwest -- so I watch their website on a regular basis and always see if any of the "DING" fares include Orlando or Tampa. Once airfare is taken care, a hotel is usually not a problem as there are so many both onsite and off. I also try to take advantage of WDW Pkg discounts, etc. You really just have to be diligent about seeking out discounts and special promotions.

Prayers and pixie dust for NC Belle. But share some tips on how you guys find flight deals! Unfortunately we can't afford WDW very often and we have to stick with Disneyland. I haven't found it that expensive, but then again we don't stay anywhere fancy and we don't head out to the San Diego, Santa Monica, Santa Barbara area which yes are much more expensive.

I agree. Not sure where everyone else is staying but I haven't found DL any more expensive than WDW.

Prayers and pixie dust to NC Belle and family.:grouphug:

I agree completely about the prices in So. Cal -- everything seems to be higher! Even though we live in WA state it actually costs less for us to fly to Orlando and go to WDW than to go to DL. In doing a price comparison after our trip to Anaheim earlier this month, we can spend 10 days in FL for the price of 7 days in CA. So it's an easy choice for us as to which one to pick. :thumbsup2

lots of Pixie Dust and love :love:

Thanks for the thoughts.

Back to topic:

Our main way of travel is by car--almost 80,000 miles since Jan. 2004.

I usually find great deals from RDU to MCO on a regular basis through Southwest, but if we don't fly...its about 10 hour drive depending on traffic and other stops.

I have notice a trend for us to see deals to CA/points out west in the fall/winter/early spring. We tend to drive to our folks (MD,PA), but I always look first at Dings (Southwest) so we can avoid the traffic going up the I 95 corridor. I have 3 airports as an option for looking at flights to Boston (got to meet my nephew after he is born in a few months).

We may explore going out west next in winter/spring...but, depends on how well FIL is doing with treatment.

By the end of our trip in 05, I was referring to the sales tax in SoCal as "the exchange rate." :lmao: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter