• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pet toys in DTD

DizFan13

DIS Veteran
I know this is kind of a random question, but when we were at WDW in 2007, there was a store in DTD that sold some really neat pet supplies. I can't remember if it was a stand alone store or just a section in another store. I am wondering if anyone knows what I'm talking about, and where I could find this on our upcoming trip? :upsidedow

I know this is kind of a random question, but when we were at WDW in 2007, there was a store in DTD that sold some really neat pet supplies. I can't remember if it was a stand alone store or just a section in another store. I am wondering if anyone knows what I'm talking about, and where I could find this on our upcoming trip? :upsidedow

Mostly gone.

Sorry.

Yeah that place is gone but there are still dog items available in a few stores like World of Disney in DTD. pluto: Just not as much of a selection as there was in that shop.

Gone like a freight-train, gone like yesterday
Gone like a soldier in the civil war, bang bang
Gone like a '59 Cadillac
Like all the good things that ain't never coming back
She's gone (gone) gone (gone) gone (gone) gone, she's gone

Sorry, I digress....for some reason, the above posts put that song in my head.

When we were down there back in April, a CM at World of Disney said that all the pet merchandise was gone and wasn't coming back. I was very disappointed.

Gone like a '59 Cadillac

When we were down there back in April, a CM at World of Disney said that all the pet merchandise was gone and wasn't coming back. I was very disappointed.

Wow it is gone from there too!!?? I was there in January and got stuff. That is sad. :sad2:

Ahhh! :sad2: We bought a Mickey-head toy for our dog, which has actually survived for three and a half years, but it has seen better days. We were hoping to replace it. What a bummer. I wonder why they would get rid of the pet merchandise?

Thanks for your responses everyone.

I was also disappointed to hear the pet toys are gone. What am I going to bring my puppy for a souvenir?!? :sad2:

The biggest selection of dog stuff I ever saw was in a section of Pooh Corner at DTD and it was closed when we went in Jan/Feb. :sad2:

Gone like a '59 Cadillac

When we were there in April a CM said they were revamping them. Maybe they will have them soon!

We were looking all over for pet stuff for our german shepherd when we went at the end of May and didn't find a single pet item. =(

When we were there in April a CM said they were revamping them. Maybe they will have them soon!
That would be great. For a Disney family, it is nice to have little reminders all around, even if it is a stuffed toy that a dog is chewing on! :lmao: Seriously, though, I hope that CM was correct and we will see pet items available again.

When I was there in Jan I got a dog toy at the shop in the Firehouse. I thought I read they are closing that though.

I've also bought some on Ebay. You may want to try there. I've bought a Mickey head treat holder that attaches to your leash there. I've also seen dog toys and a few collars/leashes with Pluto on them ("Bad to the Bone", I believe is what is on them).

We were looking all over for pet stuff for our german shepherd when we went at the end of May and didn't find a single pet item. =(

Us too. :sad2: Not a single store had a single pet item - we checked at World of Disney, Mouse Gears, Emporium on Main St., several resort gift shops..nothing. :confused3

In one of the stores in DTD (the one that used to be $10 and less merch...) they had a set of three squeaky toys and a pink fluffy squeaky mickey head as part of a 'buy 5 for $20' deal, just this past week. And in the Vineland avenue outlet mall Disney store they still had doggy mickey ears, collar charms etc..

We were there 2 weeks ago and the only puppy thing i found was at the China pavillion little chinese coats....sooo cute not very disney but its the only surprise i could find for my little chihuahua. Of course it was a expensive coat....I believe it was $19.99. Unfortunately there aren't sizes for bigger dogs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter