PET pic of the day at the Fort and at home.

~Take a moment today to thank GOD for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters.

I'm thankful every day for my pack of lunatics. Can't imagine my life without them! The older Brady gets (he's 8.5) the more I appreciate every single day we have with him. He wasn't an easy dog - he came into rescue young and *very* screwed up, and it took a lot of work and patience over a lot of years just to get him to where he didn't think the sky was falling every day. These days he acts more like a puppy than when he was one, and he's the sweetest, snuggliest, most awesome big ol' goofball I know. :goodvibes

Frank, all I can say is, wow. Number ten is difficult to read.

Amen to that. One of the most awful things I see doing border collie rescue is people that dump their old and/or sick dogs that they've had since they were puppies, because they can't bear to euthanize them themselves. It's a horrible, horrible thing to have to go through, but far worse when an old dog is dumped with strangers and spends their last days confused and anxious and in a strange place.

We recently had a case like this come into our rescue. The poor old thing was riddled with cancer and had been dumped in a shelter. Our foster home that took her in worked with her vet to make sure she got what she needed to be comfortable, spoiled her as much as they possibly could, and when the time came to let her go they called the vet to come to the house. The poor old' gal passed before the vet even arrived - on her favorite cushy bed with her foster mom and dad holding and comforting her. These people knew Gemma for only a few months, but they made sure they were the best few months they could possibly give her. They buried sweet Gemma at the base of a beautiful flowering bush in the field she had roamed happily in her short time there.

Ok... gotta go hug my mutts. :hug:

Wow!

You know what?

TCD has never posted on this thread.

But, I have some new photos of the new TCD pup, Rocky.

And this seems like a good place to post them.

So here you go.

These are from Rocky's first visit to Honeymoon Island State Park.

In Dunedin, Florida.

That's where we live.

And, as luck would have it, it is one of the only places in my county where dogs can legally visit the beach.

It is less than six miles from my driveway to the park entrance.

I hope Rocky likes the water.

What do you think?:

DSCF4703.jpg

DSCF4705.jpg

DSCF4745.jpg

DSCF4516.jpg

But wait. . .

There's more . . .

We saw a waterspout when we were visiting that day.

These aren't of Rocky.

But, where else am I going to post them:

DSCF4722.jpg

DSCF4726.jpg

You see the disturbance in the water to the left in the second photo, above?

That was a manatee.

No lie.

A manatee!

I love living in Florida.

TCD

Rocky is a lucky, lucky pup indeed!!

My gang are jealous. They love the beach.

We recently decided that we were ready to bring another dog into our home.... and found a border collie in need of a home.... he's one of the "old guys"... he's 8 years old, and has always lived with a couple with no children that traveled a lot - they were called overseas and couldn't take him.... relinquished to a shelter, and now, he's found his forever home with us. We're spoiling him the best we can!!

Amen to that. One of the most awful things I see doing border collie rescue is people that dump their old and/or sick dogs that they've had since they were puppies, because they can't bear to euthanize them themselves. It's a horrible, horrible thing to have to go through, but far worse when an old dog is dumped with strangers and spends their last days confused and anxious and in a strange place.

We recently decided that we were ready to bring another dog into our home.... and found a border collie in need of a home.... he's one of the "old guys"... he's 8 years old, and has always lived with a couple with no children that traveled a lot - they were called overseas and couldn't take him.... relinquished to a shelter, and now, he's found his forever home with us. We're spoiling him the best we can!!

Thank you Debbie! I'm always so grateful for the people that are willing to take a chance on an older dog! He's a lucky dog to have found a loving home to live out his "retirement" in. Although 8 actually isn't so old for a BC. Our Brady is 8+ and still runs and plays and keeps up with the young'uns like a champ. Most people that meet him think he's only 2 or 3!

Congrats on your new family member - we need pics!

Magicbus- is that a shorkie? Thats what our little rescue is! So cute! TCD what a cutie and looks to be loving the water to me...so jealous(of the pup). We have talked about moving to Florida and Dunedin was on our list..so good place to live? Keep those pets coming!

Magicbus- is that a shorkie? Thats what our little rescue is! So cute!

Not sure what a Shorkie is. Buddy is a Silky Terrier. It's an Austrailian Terrier and Yorkie mix. Twice as big as a Yorkie and very low keyed. We just love him. And my thanks to you for taking in a rescue. How about some pics of the little guy?

TCD, what a cutie. We have talked about moving to Florida and Dunedin was on our list.
Rocky is living the good life. Dunedin is a nice place to live.

This is my three year old holding his bearded dragon Zukie. In my signature is the one and only loveable Kiba. Kiba is a japanese chine mix who loves all 4 of my kids. He barely barks. He is the most well mannered dog I ever met.

One of the most awful things I see doing border collie rescue is people that dump their old and/or sick dogs that they've had since they were puppies, because they can't bear to euthanize them themselves. It's a horrible, horrible thing to have to go through, but far worse when an old dog is dumped with strangers and spends their last days confused and anxious and in a strange place.

When I worked as a vet assistant, this would happen. The vet -- a wonderful, caring woman -- would stop what she was doing to spend time hanging out with the dog, consoling it and telling it repeatedly that it was a very good dog. Made me so mad people would just drop off a lifelong companion at the end. It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but I could never have left my dogs alone.

That FACE! Makes you want to grab him up and cuddle him.

:worship: Good for you -- and him!

This is my three year old holding his bearded dragon Zukie. In my signature is the one and only loveable Kiba. Kiba is a japanese chine mix who loves all 4 of my kids. He barely barks. He is the most well mannered dog I ever met.

Your son looks so proud of his pet! And your dog is adorable.

We have talked about moving to Florida and Dunedin was on our list..so good place to live?

Yes, Dunedin is a great place to live. It's close to the beach, and close enough to Tampa and St. Pete. Like the rest of Florida, though, taxes and insurance are high. We are in the midst of a very bad real estate slump, so this would be a good time to buy a property here.

Rocky is living the good life. Dunedin is a nice place to live.

Indeed he is! That pup has it made!

Wow Rocky is getting big fast. Quite a difference since his debut photos from the Fort a few weeks back. He sure is a handsome lad. We love the name too. Sort of like ours. :thumbsup2

Yes, he is growing like crazy, and so far show no sign of stopping. He will be six months old in a couple of days.

That FACE! Makes you want to grab him up and cuddle him.

I should have mentioned that was Rocky's first taste of salt water. He was perplexed, to say the least.

As long as I'm posting, here are a few more shots of Rocky at the beach:

This is Rocky looking from Honeymoon Island to Caladesi Island:

August2010007-1.jpg

Rocky decided that he was going to swim to Caladesi Island:

August2010008.jpg

And he would have, too, but I stopped him:

August2010005-1.jpg

August2010006-1.jpg

And, here's a few random sea life photos.

Check out this big turtle:

August2010003.jpg

August2010004-1.jpg

The sad news was that the poor fellow was dead. Here's a park ranger giving an impromptu lecture on the subject:

August2010002.jpg

So, we have huge turtles and manatees swimming in our backyard.

TCD

After seeing TCD's great pics of Rocky having a blast in the ocean, it once again reminds me of how much having a dog affects the quality of our lives. We're very fortunate, life for me and my wife is very good. We have nice cars, houses, financial freedom, yada, yada, yada. But what gives us more joy than all that stuff, is a 10lb dog, Buddy. When he greets me at the door after work and is so happy to see me, rolls over for a belly rub, it's priceless. I just wish that all dogs and cats could have the life that he has.

After seeing TCD's great pics of Rocky having a blast in the ocean, it once again reminds me of how much having a dog affects the quality of our lives. We're very fortunate, life for me and my wife is very good. We have nice cars, houses, financial freedom, yada, yada, yada. But what gives us more joy than all that stuff, is a 10lb dog, Buddy. When he greets me at the door after work and is so happy to see me, rolls over for a belly rub, it's priceless. I just wish that all dogs and cats could have the life that he has.

Amen to that, brother.

TCD's Rocky's first trip to the ocean reminded me of Bailey's first trip. She loved the sand, HATED the salt water. Wouldn't go near it after her first taste.

Wow!

You know what?

TCD has never posted on this thread.

But, I have some new photos of the new TCD pup, Rocky.

And this seems like a good place to post them.

So here you go.

These are from Rocky's first visit to Honeymoon Island State Park.

In Dunedin, Florida.

That's where we live.

And, as luck would have it, it is one of the only places in my county where dogs can legally visit the beach.

It is less than six miles from my driveway to the park entrance.

I hope Rocky likes the water.

What do you think?:

DSCF4703.jpg

DSCF4705.jpg

DSCF4745.jpg

DSCF4516.jpg

But wait. . .

There's more . . .

We saw a waterspout when we were visiting that day.

These aren't of Rocky.

But, where else am I going to post them:

DSCF4722.jpg

DSCF4726.jpg

You see the disturbance in the water to the left in the second photo, above?

That was a manatee.

No lie.

A manatee!

I love living in Florida.

TCD

Rocky is adorable!!! How old?

I love seeing the Manatee. Everytime we take our boat out, they are always swimming around it. They will scare the liven tar out of you if you are swimming though, they come right up to you before you know they are even there. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter