• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pet Peeves - In Regards to WDW Theme Parks

The thing that bothers me the most is just because you have kids doesn't mean you have any sort of priority over us just because we don't have kids.

I 110%, profusely, whole heartedly, and supercallifragistically AGREE!

And.......I'm a mother of two!

Many people with kids think they own the place. Disney is NOT geared towards kids. Disney is geared toward PEOPLE who enjoy magical experiences. I dare say any of those kids would be there if it weren't for an adult bringing along a wallet. And we bring those wallets because we get just as mch, if not more, pleasure out of watching and experiencing Disney with our kids.

We were at Donald and Daisys dance party last week. Only little kids were dancing. My son went in and I went right with him and danced too! Soon after, many parents who were standing on the sidelines joined in and we all had a blast dancing with the duck! Its OK to not give way to the kids all the time. Disney is meant for everyone of every age.

As a 23 year old recent college grad, I know it is difficult for myself as well as my peers to censor ourselves in public as far as our language goes. When we are in the presence of authority figures or our friend's grandparents or someone like that we will consciously watch our mouths, but when we are together having a good time, that's a different story. I have visited the World with my best friend twice in the past year. We would catch ourselves saying certain words and trying our best to keep the cursing down to a minimum. But the thing is, yea I know there are kids there but I'm not constantly aware that your child is within earshot. When I'm at the world with my friends and family, we are relaxed and talking to each other and having a good time. We talk to each other and use the language and slang terms and such as we would if we were hanging out back home. It takes A LOT of energy for adults(Without children) to constantly be thinking of exactly what is coming out of our mouths while on vacation. And it's even harder when we've had a drink or two ;) . This is our vacation too and we should be able to feel comfortable and happy and enjoy ourselves with our friends and family. I'm already physically and mentally exhausted from the parks and adding this to the list would probably make my brain explode. The kids are probably distracted by other things at the park and not even paying attention to me and my friends. And not to mention the parents of these children who are cursing just as much as we are and don't even care that their children are right there. Chances are, most of the children have heard these words before at home. Your chidren will hear these words and it's not my responsibility to protect your children from a WORD. It's your responsibility to teach your children to not use those words. We do try, but in certain situations we really just go into "auto-pilot" with our language because we are relaxed and having a good time with the people we love. Just let us have our vacations!

As a "lady" as you'd have your name suggest you should really ask yourself how to act like one. Or how to act like an adult of either gender really. Cursing and swearing isn't polite conversation anywhere, let alone in a theme park. Before we go down the road you're probably taking in your mind, no I'm not some old fart, I'm 28 not much older then you and no I don't have children to protect from a "word"

The fact is those words are called vulgar for a reason. If you want to use them at home, or in the heat of the moment during an injury, that's basically accepted but theres no reason to be using them at a grocery store, a restaurant, or Disney World. Like another poster said before me I don't know what line of work you're hoping to land being fresh out of college but try explaining to your prospective employer that you're sorry you dropped the "f-bomb" in your interview or said the "n-word" at the water cooler but hey man they're just words, and you're only being relaxed and calm.

When I'm at the world with my friends and family, we are relaxed and talking to each other and having a good time. We talk to each other and use the language and slang terms and such as we would if we were hanging out back home. This is our vacation too and we should be able to feel comfortable and happy and enjoy ourselves with our friends and family. Chances are, most of the children have heard these words before at home. Your chidren will hear these words and it's not my responsibility to protect your children from a WORD. It's your responsibility to teach your children to not use those words.
We are very close in age and we never use curse words not in our house not at WDW. We are adults without children and we don't have any problems on what is coming out of our mounths simply because that is the way we behave everywhere. I am surprise you say this things in front of you family in my family that is consider very disrespectful. In my house never my mom, dad or any family memeber use those kinds of words. We don't have any children and it makes us unconfortable to hear those kinds of words I think it comes down to being respectful to others not just kids, if you want to behave that way at your house go ahead but we don't have to accept hearing this words.

As a 23 year old recent college grad, I know it is difficult for myself as well as my peers to censor ourselves in public as far as our language goes. When we are in the presence of authority figures or our friend's grandparents or someone like that we will consciously watch our mouths, but when we are together having a good time, that's a different story. I have visited the World with my best friend twice in the past year. We would catch ourselves saying certain words and trying our best to keep the cursing down to a minimum. But the thing is, yea I know there are kids there but I'm not constantly aware that your child is within earshot. When I'm at the world with my friends and family, we are relaxed and talking to each other and having a good time. We talk to each other and use the language and slang terms and such as we would if we were hanging out back home. It takes A LOT of energy for adults(Without children) to constantly be thinking of exactly what is coming out of our mouths while on vacation. And it's even harder when we've had a drink or two ;) . This is our vacation too and we should be able to feel comfortable and happy and enjoy ourselves with our friends and family. I'm already physically and mentally exhausted from the parks and adding this to the list would probably make my brain explode. The kids are probably distracted by other things at the park and not even paying attention to me and my friends. And not to mention the parents of these children who are cursing just as much as we are and don't even care that their children are right there. Chances are, most of the children have heard these words before at home. Your chidren will hear these words and it's not my responsibility to protect your children from a WORD. It's your responsibility to teach your children to not use those words. We do try, but in certain situations we really just go into "auto-pilot" with our language because we are relaxed and having a good time with the people we love. Just let us have our vacations!

Why is it so difficult for you and your peers (your words) to censor yourselves in public? You're an adult, you've managed to complete a college education, which means you should be intelligent enough to realize that others may not appreciate your use of certain words in public. It seems that your social skills and those of your peers are lacking.

I'm an adult, without children (mine are adults and don't live with me), and swear like a sailor at home, but I know better than to annoy other people when I'm in a public situation. Doesn't take any energy at all. I'm relaxed and happy and with people I love when I'm on vacation too, but I don't feel the need to bring attention to myself by behaving like an idiot and maybe making someone else's vacation not so happy. You get to be a grown up when you finally realize that the world doesn't consist of only yourself and your friends. Sounds like you haven't reached that point yet.

Profanity is classless, period. I'm in my 20's too, but neither me nor any of my friends feel a need to litter our sentences with curses to get our point across. That's not 'relaxed, fun conversation', on the contrary, I think it's an artificial, forced attempt by people stuck in adolescence to sound like real 'grown-ups'. While profanity may be prevalent in the media and among young peers desperate to seem cool, I disagree that 'most kids pick it up from home'. I don't know how you were raised, but my parents certainly didn't speak that way around me or my siblings.

Staring is rude and I highly doubt you would like it if I, a total stranger, turned my eyeballs on you and hung on your every word.

You're probably right. But I guess I really hadn't thought about it, and never noticed anyone staring at me and trying to listen to my conversations.....course, I'm a pretty boring person, and I don't think anyone would be particularly interested in listening to what I'm saying.

What? I curse at times, but my brain has the ability to know when it's appropriate and when it's not and act accordingly. I don't curse to my parents or my superiors at work. I don't curse in a job interview. I don't curse at my daughter's school. And guess what? IT'S NOT HARD! If you do find it terribly hard to refrain from cursing in inappropriate settings, you might want to speak to a doctor because there might be an underlying problem causing this.

And similarly, if you can't "have your vacation" or "have a good time", without cursing loudly enough to be overhead by others, then I think there might be some sort of problem.

You cursing in front of my child at Disney World is not ok. I get that you want it to be ok, but it's not. If it makes you feel better to say "they're probably not listening" or "they've heard it before", well, then you go ahead and feel better, but that's the only thing being accomplished. It doesn't actually make anything ok or better or acceptable.

1. Don't come try to sit in front of my kids at a parade when we've been holding the spot for 45 mins.
2. Ladies, please shave under your arms...
3. Please wash, and wear deoderant(sp).
4. Please watch your language.
5. Please don't group up, chant your country's anthem at the top of your lungs, wave your flag, and bully your way around the park.
6. Please wait your turn!
7. Please learn English!

7. Please learn English!

Considering that is is WDW and people from all over the world come to see it. I won't expect you to know every lajuage in Europe if you are going in a Europe trip or anywhere outside the US.

Hi All!

Does anyone here have any Pet Peeves, in regards to any of the great WDW theme parks? Here are mine:

10. Try not to run over my feet with your stroller

9. If the FAST PASS states 9:00 it's 9:00 not 8:45

8. Please say excuse me when you push into me

7. When parking your car, don't have a 20 minute conversation with the CM

6. Stop going to SOARIN first while visting EPCOT. (It's aways a 50 min wait)

5. Don't scream at your child and discipline your child in front of everyone.popcorn::

4. When sitting down on a staged attraction please move ALL the WAY OVER. Do not sit in the dead center of the seating queue.:thumbsup2

3. Please put litter in a recepticle, not the ground:headache:

2. Please clean up your mess after eating at a counter service rest.

and the number 1 pet peeve I have is:

1. Stop having 3 and more family members meet you in line. :confused3

Anyone else have any? LOL!:upsidedow

:lmao::lmao:LMAO!!!!!!!!! NUMBER 1 is GOLDEN dude, I absoultey HATE that.

Heres my 10
10. Control the kids, please there is nothing more disrespectful then a kid you treat to DW and they are rude to you:confused3

9. The no picture and video while on the ride is for reason

8. Say excuse me when your passing or need to get by

7. Dont force your self in front of me when I waited patiently for a nice spot to watch a show

6. Please dont scream and cry when your kid goes missing and you were not watching them to begin with:scared1:

5. Unless you have a fast pass, STOP running to get on a ride, your going to have to wait regardless:confused3

4. Please dont argue with the CM if your kid is to short to ride the ride

3. Pleae do not stand so close behind me to were I can feel you breathing on the back of my neck, its already HOT :headache:

2. No cursing in the parks PLEASE theres kids around

1. SHOWER, SHOWER, SHOWER, theres nothing worse then standing next to someone who smells

Camera flashes going off on dark rides. I really don't like that!

This is probably my biggest pet peeve. I read another thread where people were defending the offenders. Saying things like "they might not know it's against the rules". I'm sorry, I just don't buy this. It's common sense, "bright flashes of light in the darkness are irritating". The rides are dark for a reason. "Dark Ride", get it?

My pet peeve....the food. Not that I dont like it, its just theres so much of it! They could cut portions in half and you'd still leave full. With the DDP, everytime I use it, I feel obligated to REALLY use it. Seriously though, I get all this food and can't eat it. I always get the deserts like cookies or rice krispie treats so that we can stuff em and take em home. I'll feel bad that
I waste food and that peeves me to no end.

1. Don't come try to sit in front of my kids at a parade when we've been holding the spot for 45 mins.
2. Ladies, please shave under your arms...
3. Please wash, and wear deoderant(sp).
4. Please watch your language.
5. Please don't group up, chant your country's anthem at the top of your lungs, wave your flag, and bully your way around the park.
6. Please wait your turn!
7. Please learn English!

I agree with all of these except for numbers 2 and 7.

Shaving armpits is a personal and/or cultural choice, doesn't bother me to glimpse a hairy underarm but it grosses my DH out completely. :scared1: Guys with super hairy backs and shoulders, ick...well, I won't get into that now.

There are a lot of people from many different countries who visit WDW and they're not all going to speak English. It's not a requirement. I find it interesting to hear the variety of languages spoken at WDW by visitors.

My #1 Pet Peeve

People looking for things to complain about, instead of focusing on you and your families good time.

Oh BUT if the parents of the kid at Fort Wilderness Swingset who ran directly in front my two year old in the swing so that my DH had to grab my DD so your kid didn't die ~ causing him to be knocked out by said two year old.... you know... you remember right? Because you walked over ~ looked at my DH knocked out on the ground ~ picked up your kid and put her in the swing ~ right? remember? without saying a word....? Like thanks for not letting that be my kid who got hit... because surely it would have done her a lot more damage than that. Well if YOU are reading. YOU are my pet peeve. Not just at WDW ~ but anywhere.

Ugh!! Why do people act this way? You know, if your child did something wrong, even if it's an accident, it's just common courtesy to apologize and see if you can help, especially if you've caused injury to someone! Ignoring it doesn't make it go away! It's up to parents to set good examples for their children, including how to be courteous to strangers.

6. Please dont scream and cry when your kid goes missing and you were not watching them to begin with:scared1:

I agree w/ most things people put here as just harmless irritations, but how can you say this? Any parent can tell you that there are moments when you lose track of your children, even if you try at all times to be very vigilant. You might be tending to one when the other sees something shiny, or a toy they want, or a character they like. Now, I'm a very stern parent, I try to teach my children how to act appropriately, but no parent is perfect!

And, if I one of my kids ever goes missing, you better believe I'm going to scream and cry - that is my worst nightmare!!!

I agree w/ most things people put here as just harmless irritations, but how can you say this? Any parent can tell you that there are moments when you lose track of your children, even if you try at all times to be very vigilant. You might be tending to one when the other sees something shiny, or a toy they want, or a character they like. Now, I'm a very stern parent, I try to teach my children how to act appropriately, but no parent is perfect!

And, if I one of my kids ever goes missing, you better believe I'm going to scream and cry - that is my worst nightmare!!!

I actually get where they are coming from. I see it quite often at work (I work in a mall). You see parents who are not paying much attention their child, and the child keeps taking off. Parent doesn't do much of anything except run the child down a few times. Or scream their name until the child appears. No "Stay with Mommy" no putting the child in a stroller. A little while later you see the same parent frantic because now their child is truly lost.

I have a new one.

People who are annoyed by people who post their pet peeves when asked.

Seems like superiority play to me. If you don't have any pet peeves, why are you posting on this thread? To tell all the posters that they're petty and you're so much better than that?

I have a new one.

People who are annoyed by people who post their pet peeves when asked.

Seems like superiority play to me. If you don't have any pet peeves, why are you posting on this thread? To tell all the posters that they're petty and you're so much better than that?

Hey there!

I agree! I had one poster on here that judged me and other's on this board (she/he doesn't even have a clue on who I am or probably does not know most if any of the people on this board) saying that we are snobbish. Here's the quote below:

After all these months, I am still amazed by the snobbish attitudes of some people who post on here, especially the OP

Remember this thread is for venting (for fun) there is no harm in discussing our little frustrations. Yes, I'm sure most of this that posted on this thread do not allow these little peeves to ruin our vacation. But it's fun and interesting to talk about. I've enjoyed reading most of these. So thanks All!

Happy Vacationing at one of the greatest places on earth Walt Disney World!:woohoo:

Brunette:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter