Pet Peeves at WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
popcorn::
My pet peeve is having a sister in law who is overwhelmed, hot, and tired who complaints about every.single.thing. "It's so hawt here, aren't you hawt?" "Why is the food so expensive?" "When are we going to do something I want to do?" :headache:

I'm sorry, I feel your pain! I now leave them at home!
popcorn::

Uhm...
- When someone takes flash pictures on a dark ride

My mom did this on Snow White's Scary Adventure. The whole time I was keeping my head down, embarrassed by it.

My biggest WDW pet peeve is having to spend the three hours after the park opens in one of those kiddie playgrounds in the park, my little sister running around, while I am not allowed to go off on my own or with one parent. By the time my family officially separates (my younger sisters going with one, me staying with the other until closing or later), the lines for the rides I want to ride are 30+ minutes.

My pet peeves;

When I'm trying to move off to the side to stop and no one will let me over. So yes, unfortunately I have been guilty of stopping in the middle of the walkway because I couldn't get to the side.

Most people that come to a sudden stop I pass off as couldn't get to the side. However, when you can see a group of people standing in the center of the walkway from farther down the path and they make no attempt to get out of the way, that really erks me.

I'm also guilty of accidently running into people with a stroller. However, they did cut me off leaving me no time to slow down or stop. I'm sure there are some who do have the intention of using the stroller as a battering ram, but consider your actions in the situation....Did you slow down, suddenly vear right or left?

I have a few pet peeves but for now I would say it is the people that rent wheel chairs that they stick any member of their party in and expect to get through lines faster.And oh yes the people that ask you "can you get out of your chair to board a ride when a quick look at you could save them the trouble....

I have a few pet peeves but for now I would say it is the people that rent wheel chairs that they stick any member of their party in and expect to get through lines faster.And oh yes the people that ask you "can you get out of your chair to board a ride when a quick look at you could save them the trouble....

OOh...we got some dirty looks a few years ago. My mom was recovering from a spider bite that almost killed her. In fact, the doctors had to take half her thigh and ended up doing skin grafts. She had to go through PT to help her walk again.

Well, after about a year of recovery, she wanted to go to WDW. We rented a scooter for her. She would use it for an hour or so and then she would walk to stretch her legs and use those muscles. SO, I got to drive it! When she got tired, she would ride it again and I would walk.

Point is, people saw us switching out on the scooter. Some of the looks we got were downright nasty!

I will admit, I did like the handicapped access on some of the rides. It's like when Mom and I go Christmas shopping. I like to go with her because we get to park up front in the handicapped places! LOL!

- smokers who are smoking in non-designated areas
- people who take flash pictures during shows or on dark attractions
- parents who are screaming "stop crying" at their little kids

{RANT}

Racists who feel like as long as it's not a traditionally opressed people they're allowed to say whatever they want is my pet peeve.... AS an Italian.

Have you ever thought what that would sound like if you replaced Italian with BLACK?

OK, that does make me realise I was a little racist, yes. While you are on the topic, I dont see you defending brazilians, just your own people. And while admirable, this makes you a little hipocritical. You claim to stand for traditionally oppressed people, so why dont you stand up for them? Because it wasnt just me being RACIST they are too. Just a point. I admit I am wrong, but I dont hear them apologising, so maybe you should have a good long rant about that?

You seem pretty racist now don't you? Maybe even feel bad? But because we Italians aren't traditionally an opressed people you feel like you can just say whatever you want. Let's try it again with Jewish?

Excuse me? That would not make my comments any worse or better, as I have stated I admit I was wrong to stereotype a single nationality as irritating.

Again, seems horribly racist no? Maybe you should learn to think before you open your mouth or put hands to keyboard. From what I can see 100% of Squidgyness' LOVE to stereotype but are one of those people who say things like "Believe me. I don't like to stereotype" or "no offense intended but" to mask their true hatered and bigotry. This is a Disney board, there are usually if not always kids here, they don't need another place to learn this insanity...

Well, maybe I was ahead of myself. I was upset that some of my holiday was spoiled and I lashed out at the people I thought (wrongly, upon reflection) spoiled it. I am not justifying myself, just saying that was why I made that stupid post. I assume you have never said something hurtful or cruel in the heat of the moment? Hatred and bigotry? Well since you know so much about me, I can only assume that you realise I can get a little ahead of my brain, and have some anger issues. I can also assume you know that I have many friends of another nationality and if I had stated something like that to them, they would have called me on it, much like you. But, they would not have assumed, like you did, that I was some kind of skinhead institutionalised racist who attends rallies and calls for the death of everyone who isnt my nationality, just someone who was angry and lashed out, wrongly.

If someone takes the brunt of a break-up and says "MEN are infuriating" or "WOMEN are infuriating" or if someone at work gets fired and says "BOSSES are infuriating" are they wrong? yes. But, people understand why they did it and forgive. And before you say my situation of a ruined holiday doesnt compare, I saved for TWO WHOLE YEARS not doing anything. No trips out, no meeting friends, no dating, no new clothes (despite the fact I lost a lot of weight from eating less.) That was why I did it.

I am not defending my comment, just my character. I made one stupid mistake, (a mistake that at least 10 other posters have made on the front page of this board alone!!!) and I refused to be defined on this board as some kind of crazy neo-nazi because of it.

Just thought I would like to get this out here, as it has been quoted and makes me appear like I havent apologised.

Still, good to see that we can all be 'racist' to brazilions and no one will bat an eyelid. There are two ENTIRE THREADS about brazilion tour groups on the front page, and yet I am the one who is singled out as corrupting the youth of the DISboards? Maybe I am just a product of the boards, frankly, as I see hurtful comments and racist posts all the time. I just dont rant about them, because PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES.

My new big pet peeve:

People at disney who think they know everything about you and will fixate on one mistake and assume that defines everything about you.

Ok, I'll 'fess up!

I have lots of pet peeves, but that's exactly what they are. . .'pet' peeves. Most of mine are minor irritations but they are part of the WDW experience for me. It's not a WDW vacation until someone has taken a photo on POTC and someone else yells "no flash photography" :rotfl:

There are a lot of ways that I could end up irritated in a large crowd of people, but I just try to remember that we're all on vacation, and no one is purposely setting out to ruin mine.

That being said, here are mine:

1. Ending up stuck on a ride after someone stands up and goes for a wander around.

2. Repeated ankle strikers. Once, twice maybe, is an accident. Eight or nine times? Really? The way I get around this though is to step to the side and let the person with the stroller go in front - I know they don't mean to hit me. They don't, right?

3. My biggest pet peeve, however, will always be obnoxious adults at a character greet who have to prove how smart they are by demonstrating, loudly, that they know it's just a person in a costume. It's unnecessary. It's mean. And besides, they can't be that smart, otherwise they would know it's not a person in a costume ;)

Just thought I would like to get this out here, as it has been quoted and makes me appear like I havent apologised.

Still, good to see that we can all be 'racist' to brazilions and no one will bat an eyelid. There are two ENTIRE THREADS about brazilion tour groups on the front page, and yet I am the one who is singled out as corrupting the youth of the DISboards? Maybe I am just a product of the boards, frankly, as I see hurtful comments and racist posts all the time. I just dont rant about them, because PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES.

My new big pet peeve:

People at disney who think they know everything about you and will fixate on one mistake and assume that defines everything about you.

I will TRY to be the peacemaker (emphasis TRY). We have all at one point and time communicated something incorrectly/improperly. It takes a big person to try and apologize and just not hide and make another username on this board. :hippie::grouphug:

it's a world of laughter, a world or tears
its a world of hopes, its a world of fear
theres so much that we share
that its time we're aware
its a small world after all......

My pet peeves;

Most people that come to a sudden stop I pass off as couldn't get to the side. However, when you can see a group of people standing in the center of the walkway from farther down the path and they make no attempt to get out of the way, that really erks me.

Is there any reason that you cannot go around them? Why do they have to get out of your way? Are you a member of Royalty? You can see them from way back...why would that be a problem? Do you suppose that they are standing there just to "erk" you?

I'm sorry, too many questions. I have stopped in a pathway many times. Usually it was because I just discovered that I was going the wrong way, or wasn't sure where I was or, save me for this one, I stopped to look at something that Disney had placed there to look at. My theory is that there is NOT one single person that has ever visited a theme park that didn't do that stop and look thing. The problem is that we are not aware that we are doing anything wrong...just that others shouldn't get in our way.

Here's a pet peeve of mine:

People who post about "UGLY AMERICANS" not taking the time to understand other cultures but ignoring obvious situations where "other cultures" haven't taken the time to understand what's acceptable behavior in the good 'ole USA.

• The monorail is not the Tokyo subway so don't try to shove your entire tour group on to an already packed train.
  • My personal space is MY personal space. Just because you're from somewhere else doesn't change that fact.
  • Speaking in your native language because you want to talk about someone around you doesn't automatically mean that we "UGLY AMERICANS" don't understand what you're saying.
  • Pretending that you don't speak English and therefore don't understand the situation (I just saw you speaking English to a CM) doesn't mean you can ignore the rules or act like a complete idiot.
  • Yes, you may look hot (hey, I'm a guy) but dressing like you're going to some Euro rave instead of a WDW park just makes you look ridiculous. Plus, I really don't feel like explaining what a thong is to my young daughter.

Signed, the Ugly American.

I think what bothers me most, probably because it happens every single time, is people getting up/moving a dozen times while waiting for Fantasmic to begin. Go & get food, go back for more, go back for a drink, then a visit to the bathroom, get the kid an overpriced light up toy, go back to the bathroom, go get another drink.... Of course every time either walking on other people (usually mine)'s feet, pushing, and dropping food on the way.

Oh and of course, the one thing they don't get up for, is to take their leftovers to the trash. Nah, just shove everything under the bench, that's better.
Gross.

My new big pet peeve:

My new big pet peeve:

People who confuse nationality with ethnicity. Brazillians and Italians are nationalities not races. There can be many races within a nationality.

Here's a pet peeve of mine:

People who post about "UGLY AMERICANS" not taking the time to understand other cultures but ignoring obvious situations where "other cultures" haven't taken the time to understand what's acceptable behavior in the good 'ole USA.

• The monorail is not the Tokyo subway so don't try to shove your entire tour group on to an already packed train.
  • My personal space is MY personal space. Just because you're from somewhere else doesn't change that fact.
  • Speaking in your native language because you want to talk about someone around you doesn't automatically mean that we "UGLY AMERICANS" don't
    understand what you're saying.
  • Pretending that you don't speak English and therefore don't understand the situation (I just saw you speaking English to a CM) doesn't mean you can ignore the rules or act like a complete idiot.
  • Yes, you may look hot (hey, I'm a guy) but dressing like you're going to some Euro rave instead of a WDW park just makes you look ridiculous. Plus, I really don't feel like explaining what a thong is to my young daughter.

Signed, the Ugly American.

Well put!:thumbsup2

Signed, another ugly American.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter