Pet Friendly Question

FairyGodmother00

Earning My Ears
I just called to verify that most of the resorts were pet friendly. The person I spoke to told me that Pacific charges $50 per night. He gave no further information so I asked him if it was ok to leave the pet in the room while at the theme parks. He told me "no". He stated that I would have to pay a kennel to leave her at during the time we were at the parks. This doesn't seem exactly right to me personally. This means I am having to pay twice to be able to take my pet. Does anyone have any further information on the "pet friendly" policies?

Thank you

I just called to verify that most of the resorts were pet friendly. The person I spoke to told me that Pacific charges $50 per night. He gave no further information so I asked him if it was ok to leave the pet in the room while at the theme parks. He told me "no". He stated that I would have to pay a kennel to leave her at during the time we were at the parks. This doesn't seem exactly right to me personally. This means I am having to pay twice to be able to take my pet. Does anyone have any further information on the "pet friendly" policies?

Thank you
IDK is it really any different than apartment complexes charging a non-refundable pet deposit plus monthly pet rent?

Thank you perditax. That was a lot more information than I got from the guy I spoke to tonight. He actually didn't know the answer to my question and had to go find out. Maybe that's why I didn't get all of the info. It almost sounds like they will let you leave your pet in the room as long as it doesn't bark and disturb other people. "Guests should display the special Loews Loves Pets “Do Not Disturb” sign to alert housekeeping that a pet is in residence."

Pet services are available if one needs them. Maybe this is for those with barking dogs???

We have never been to Universal Orlando only WDW but we didn't have our dog then. She is 7 years old and we absolutely will not kennel her. For the past seven years we have always worked our vacations around her. I don't have any family local that I can leave her with otherwise we could solve this issue easily.

Thank you for their policy on pets.

I just solved my issue. I saw somewhere on here where someone mentioned staying at Vista Cay through vrbo.com. True, we can't stay onsite but this will work beautifully for us and these are condo's.

We have taken our dog with us to the HRH for the last 15 years (two different dogs). We have never had an issue. When we leave the room for the parks, dinner, golf, etc. we put her in a very large collapsible wire kennel in the room with treats, water, toys and bedding. When we return to the room, she is usually sound asleep and glad to see us. She then has the run of the room while we are there with her. Our first dog was so mellow that once we returned and housekeeping had been there, she stayed in the room for the rest of the day even if we went out for dinner, etc. She really enjoyed sleeping on the comfy beds. Our current dog is a little more "energetic" so she is always in her over-sized kennel if we are not there as we are afraid she may bark at noises in the hall if she were able to be next to the door. She just takes a nap until we return. Our dog is a part of our family and she deserves a vacation as much as we do. The HRH staff makes such a fuss over our dog, I think she has as much fun as we do on vacation. The $50 per night (maximum $150 per stay) is no more than what we would pay if we would kennel her (we wouldn't) or if we paid someone to pet sit for our 8 night vacation and this way everyone is happy. Only 298 days until we return, can't wait.

Anyone find any of the particular resorts more pet friendly or better suited to their pets? We had gone to HRH with our Yorkie with no probs, but she was a very well behaved quiet dog, went everywhere with us for the past 17 years, but sadly passed :oops:, and now have a 1 yo Morkie. Also just recently inherited my mom's Bichon, so now have 2 dogs. The Bichon is a good dog but our little Morkie is high energy, not sure if she is going to bark or not, etc and am worried. I would use crate for her but not necessary for Bichon. Is there any of the resorts that are more pet friendly? meaning you have easier access to the outdoors, maybe in your own area of the hotel. I would love to find a room that is away from the more busier areas, more isolated. We would let her stay in the room but would come back during the day, and we also don't stay too long at the parks anyway. :dogdance:

Last edited:
Rpr has pet rooms floor 1 in only Tower 2

Great area for taking them out to run or do their business

I thought hrh had a great set up also for the pets

Both are set up to not much people traffic

Anyone find any of the particular resorts more pet friendly or better suited to their pets? We had gone to HRH with our Yorkie with no probs, but she was a very well behaved quiet dog, went everywhere with us for the past 17 years, but sadly passed :oops:, and now have a 1 yo Morkie. Also just recently inherited my mom's Bichon, so now have 2 dogs. The Bichon is a good dog but our little Morkie is high energy, not sure if she is going to bark or not, etc and am worried. I would use crate for her but not necessary for Bichon. Is there any of the resorts that are more pet friendly? meaning you have easier access to the outdoors, maybe in your own area of the hotel. I would love to find a room that is away from the more busier areas, more isolated. We would let her stay in the room but would come back during the day, and we also don't stay too long at the parks anyway. :dogdance:

We used to have a very mellow rescue dog that went to the HRH with us for about 12 years and then she passed away. When we got our new Puggle, she was 7 months, high energy and loves to bark, that is the Beagle part of the Puggle in her. We took her on her first vacation to the HRH when she was almost 1 year old. We too were nervous, so we talked to our vet and he prescribed a doggie Xanax of some sort. He wrote it for 1 pill every 12 hours as needed. We only gave her 1/2 pill in the morning before we left the room and it just mellowed her out and we never heard a peep and no complaints. They use this a lot for dogs who get car sick, etc. It was great. Once we were back in the room she was fine. We have taken her 3 years in a row now and don't use the pills anymore.

Op if you feel your dog will bark I would look for other accommodations it would ruin your vacation if she needs "time out" and you won't we able to leave her anymore.

We recently took our dogs to Orlando we have 3 and we knew hotel rooms or apartments wouldn't work for us because our dogs are not used to a lot of noise and they will bark if they hear noise. We rented a great house in Reunion resort. We had our own pool the neighborhood had sidewalks everywhere it was quiet and we really enjoy our time. PM if you want the details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter