Pet-friendly hotels and DLP kennel

courtneypo

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

This seems a bit silly, I know, but hear me out. I'm quite possibly going to Italy to compete with my dog (in agility) and we'd love to add on a trip to Paris and DLP.

I know France is very dog friendly. From initial research it seems there are a couple dog-friendly hotels near DLP. And then there is the park kennel which we would use for her while we go to the parks. Looks like she would need an EU Pet Passport to go there, which I could obtain while we are in Italy. Does that sound right?

Also any recommendations for travel from Italy to France? Seems like renting a car is out as there are stiff fees for one-way rentals between countries? A train seems a good possibility. She is a small dog that flies in-cabin with me so a pet-friendly airline could work too.

We'd like to have a car while we are at DLP for ease of transporting her to and from the kennel each day. I would guess it is fairly easy to find a rental if we arrive via train?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Courtney

I'm guessing your traveling from the USA?

For Italy from countries with low incidence of rabies including Australia, Canada, and the United States, your dog must have a 15 digit ISO compliant microchip that operates at 134.2 kHz or the owner must provide a scanner.

For dog over three months old you must have a Veterinary certificate or pet passport showing that your dog has been vaccinated by a licensed veterinarian against rabies and certain other diseases at least 30 days before travel and is healthy. The certificate or pet passport must be bi-lingual (in Italian and the owner's language, having it translated into French will also help you when you reach France) and completed by the veterninarian not more than 30 days before travel. The form is then sent to USDA for a stamp and returned to the pet owner. The veterinary certificate can be downloaded from the Embassy of Italy forms page or you can purchase a Pet Passport for Italy and France Travel that includes the form.

It's recommended that dogs also be vaccinated against hepatitis, distemper and kennel cough and cats be protected against feline gastro-enteritis and typhus.

Dogs should have a leash and muzzle. Italy has laws requiring owners to clean up after their dogs in public places.

While at DLP you will have to show your Veterinary certificate and pet passport these documents must be in French. And you will have to return to the kennel giver your dog a walk and food.

Yes it's quite easy to rent a car when you arrive but best to book it in advance the normal hire firms are availble like Hertz etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter