Pesky Rocks.

PaHunter

Reasonably Knowledgable Individual.
Well we have all heard that sound as a rock bounces off our windshield and we cringe. The truck had had a spot that was previously repaired and doing well, until I went to town the other day. Got behind a TT and he threw a boulder at me resulting in a nice spider web on the passenger side. They attempted to fix it yesterday and the windshield actually cracked 18 to 24 inches away from the area they were fixing. So today the beast is getting a new windshield. Hope all goes well and there are no further issues.

That sucks. I know the feeling though. Hope all goes well with the repair though.

Well, they replaced the windshield, and hopefully it is good now for awhile. The company doing the repair did right by us and refunded the deductible, since they messed up and broke it trying to repair it. Almost time to book our next trip south to the Fort.

I've always been lucky enough to be able to get mine fixed and never had to replace one.

Hate that man

Glad you were able to get it taken care of Chris.... Even better at the right Price.

Not sure how your policy is, but on mine, if they "Repair" it, it's free, if they "Replace" it, I have to pay a deductible, but it's only $50 even though my comprehensive is $500. So worst case scenario for me is it's $50 for a new windshield.

I know through Nationwide insurance the fix is free. Not sure what my payout is on a windshield replacement.

I know through Nationwide insurance the fix is free. Not sure what my payout is on a windshield replacement.
I have State Farm for cars and truck. It is my standard deductible for any glass issues. My DW's car has had a cracked windshield since 3 months after she bought it. She's too cheap to spend the $300 to get it fixed.

I just switched my camper insurance to Good Sams. It waives the deductible for glass.

j

Glad you were able to get it taken care of Chris.... Even better at the right Price.

Not sure how your policy is, but on mine, if they "Repair" it, it's free, if they "Replace" it, I have to pay a deductible, but it's only $50 even though my comprehensive is $500. So worst case scenario for me is it's $50 for a new windshield.

Ours is if they repair it, it's "Free", or we pay the deductible to replace it.
The repair people botched the repair and offered to cover the deductible since they messed up. Which I appreciated. So it ended up costing us nothing out of pocket to have it replaced.

The repair people botched the repair and offered to cover the deductible since they messed up.
That's as it should be. If it's their fault then it should not have cost you UNLESS they determined that patching may not work but they will try and if it fails they will have to replace it which would then incurr the deductible. However, that should be made known up front too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter