• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Peru

toribelle

Disney Dreaming
I've been reading all the trip reports on Peru and they have been fantastic. Thank you. I do have one question. How much are the items for sell at the Center for Traditional Textiles? I want to make sure I have enough money :)

Toribelle, I just saw your PM and sent you a long answer! Sorry about the delay - I know how much it helps to check all our mental boxes before a big trip. Have a great time!

Hi kristilew I do not see an PM???? That is why I posted my questions here because the PM I sent to you doesn't show up in my sent messages so I thought maybe it was lost in never never land. I will keep looking maybe its delayed a little bit. Thanks.

Ok, that is super weird. I went to look for it and now your pm to me is gone too! I wonder what random button I must have clicked to make everything disappear?? Or if some other Diser is wondering about a long, three part, PM concerning textiles??

Anyway, basically what I said was:

Short answer - you can spend anywhere from $5 to hundreds of $$ at the weaving center. They have something for every budget. It just depends on what you want. Shawls, table covers, and other large items are obviously more expensive. Little things like dolls and hair ties are less so, but even with just buying a doll and some hair ties, and a few other little items, I think we spent about $40. Most people spent more.

Other info:

If you are arriving a day or more earlier, the best thing to do is to ask your guides for input on the latest prices and goods for sale, and then visit an ATM in Lima for that cash. It is ok to blow your cash at the weaving center because you will get a chance to get more before your next big spending opportunity. (Again, double check this with your guides - you will want cash for tips if you are doing any excursions or spa treatments where you are staying in Sacred Valley.)

Other places you could spend a lot - the alpaca farm has a large gift shop with sweaters, scarves, and the like. Very high quality and most things were considered good prices for what they were, but were still not cheap. I think in the $80 range for a sweater. I am not the best for info on this because I am terribly allergic to alpaca and could not even stay in the shop for more than a minute. DH was thrilled that I couldn't buy all the beautiful items!

Cusco had wonderful leather goods and high end craft items, we spent quite a bit here on our free night. Bought carved gourds, woven belts, handbags, and jewelry. But there were ATMs in many locations so it wasn't an issue.

Over all, the guides are wonderful about making sure you know in advance if you will need cash or can use your credit cards, and also about letting you know if an ATM is the only one you'll see for awhile.

You are going to have such a fantastic time on this trip. I think it still is our favorite ABD - just a perfect mix of everything! Can't wait to read your trip report and relive it all!

Toribelle - when are you going on this trip? If it's the March 20 we are on the trip together! Thanks for posting this, it's very helpful information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter