Peru: Sacred Valley and Incan Cities Meets Thread

Bobo912

Did you stay at the “Hotel Sol y Luna” on your trip? We are spending 2 nights there in June when we are traveling to Machu Picchu (on our own). How did you like the resort? What activities did they have for the guest to do? How were the rooms and the dining?

Thanks for any info.

INSIDER, I posted some photos of the hotel on my trip report thread.

You could probably ask your local ABD guide where to book those trips and do it after ABD. The online merchants are too few and far between.

Unfortunately, our travel dates are set with flights booked, so we'll be touring before ABD and hence why I need to finalize everything before we go... doesn't look like we would be able to wait until we're there by asking the local ABD guides :(

Our family split in half - two did the pottery tour, and three of us did the horseback riding at Sol y Luna. The horses were magnificent. The ride was through the village area, sometimes riding right beside people's "homes." The trip was illuminating; the poverty severe; the horses were terrific. We enjoyed Sol y Luna - I agree with Bobo about the breakfasts - but we were happy with them.

We stayed post trip, and our guides assisted us in arranging very full activities touring Lima, with a separate hired guide they recommended, who was terrific. It was just our family, and we absolutely loved the post trip.

We had looked hard at visiting Lake Titicaca and the Nazca lines. We ruled it out because, after everything else, we thought it would be too much, and I think that was the right call.

We have a couple of posts about this trip elsewhere here - it was a great trip - Cusco museums stay open late (We had our own "night in the museum experiences at 11 pm one night) and we LOVED this trip.

Airlines are not real timely for "in country" trips...so be prepared and plan on substantial delays, by the way...

Do you mind sharing the agent/guide you used locally for Lima that your ABD guide helped you arrange? Perhaps I could contact the same agency to see what else they offer ;)

We just signed up for this trip (the March 22 - March 30, 2014 trip) and are really excited. It's about 75% full. We are going in on Friday so will have all day Saturday on our own to explore before it really gets started on Sunday). Any suggestions for a family of 4 (Boys are 12 & 13)?

Thanks for all the wonderful information that has already been posted.

Kind of looking into the March 2014 trip...that would coincide with DD's spring break...CarianneB, did they say anything about the age ranges of the kids? DD is 8.

I don't recall all the ages, but I thought they were actually skewed a tad younger than my boys (12 & 13). If you call, they will tell you how many kids and ages, but not sex. We are really looking forward to finally going on an ABD that isn't cancelled :)

My family of 4 are on for this Adventure July 24, 2014. 2 Teens, ages 14 and 17 and us parents. We are working on the flights, probably arriving late night on the 23rd and adding a pre-night at the Casa Andina in Miraflores to allow a relaxed day on the 24th. The flights from the US seem to arrive either late at night or at 4:30 am.
I would like to eat at the Huaca Pallaca (sp) pyramid for dinner on July 24th right in Miraflores.
Anybody have any other ideas for Lima during the day?

Hi All,
So excited to be headed to Peru this December with two families (four kids boys 10, 10 and 13 and girl 13)! Our first ABD! Looking for any helpful hints on flights (still need to book those) clothes to pack etc. and see who else might be going.
Thanks!

Hi All,
So excited to be headed to Peru this December with two families (four kids boys 10, 10 and 13 and girl 13)! Our first ABD! Looking for any helpful hints on flights (still need to book those) clothes to pack etc. and see who else might be going.
Thanks!
Welcome to the DISBoards and the ABD Forum! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. Let me know if you want any clarification posted of the makeup of your traveling party.

We have several folks here who have taken the Peru ABD, so I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions!

Sayhello

Hi everyone! My family just booked the ABD Peru 24 July - 1 August. Traveling will be me (Michelle), my partner Sheila, our daughter Jordan (14), and our son Cameron (12). We are originally from Colorado, but we are currently living in Cambridgeshire, England. We are very excited, but not looking forward to the very long flight to Lima from London. This will be our first ABD, but we cruise a lot with DCL, including our upcoming cruise to Greece and Turkey in June.

Hi everyone! My family just booked the ABD Peru 24 July - 1 August. Traveling will be me (Michelle), my partner Sheila, our daughter Jordan (14), and our son Cameron (12). We are originally from Colorado, but we are currently living in Cambridgeshire, England. We are very excited, but not looking forward to the very long flight to Lima from London. This will be our first ABD, but we cruise a lot with DCL, including our upcoming cruise to Greece and Turkey in June.
I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. It looks like you will be on the same trip as DISer queenmother and her family!

Sayhello

Excited!! My name is Michelle also! We are from Indiana but are in Hawaii now which was a 14 hour trip for Spring break. The Turkey/eastern med cruise is great, we did it last year on Celebrity, so much to see, your kids are lucky this year. Researching the air now, prices have not budged all year for us!

There was an earthquake in Chile and a tsunami alert for Peru. Does anyone know if the group that just landed there is affected? Are they all OK? Yikes!

Booked our ABD this morning and will be joining the group for the December trip! We had heard it was booked and was actually calling to book our "back-up" trip but did a "just in case" check ... it is all about timing! :thumbsup2 Yay!

We just got back from the trip last week and it was fantastic! It was our first ABD ( But we are DVC, and have done DW/DL/DLP/DCL) and it was better than we hoped for. We are now deciding on our next trip :). Happy to answer any questions that folks have for this.

We just got back from the trip last week and it was fantastic! It was our first ABD ( But we are DVC, and have done DW/DL/DLP/DCL) and it was better than we hoped for. We are now deciding on our next trip :). Happy to answer any questions that folks have for this.
Great to hear! Did you book any days before or after? Just wondering about what there is to see in Lima and if we should use the ABD hotel. Thanks.

If you are doing pre-days I would do the abd hotel as you then get the transportation which is key in arriving in Lima. I would say not as much for the post stay. We took it easy our pre day and visited the pyramid. I've also heard good things about the light show. As most flights arrive at 11 or 12 pm I recommend a pre day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter