Peru 2011

We were able to get online at all three hotels with a wi-fi connection without any problems.

Our guides were Rae and Ernesto and our local expert was Harvey. All three were absolutely amazing. Adena- I believe these will be your guides as well. I am pretty sure that they said that they were doing the July 26 departure next!

We were able to get online at all three hotels with a wi-fi connection without any problems.

Our guides were Rae and Ernesto and our local expert was Harvey. All three were absolutely amazing. Adena- I believe these will be your guides as well. I am pretty sure that they said that they were doing the July 26 departure next!

We are also on the trip to Peru with Adena and her family. Did Rae happen to mention if she did the Alaska trips last summer? We had a great guide named Rae in Alaska, and I wonder if ABD moved her to Peru? If so, my daughter will be so thrilled----she loved Rae.....

Sayhello: Thanks for the well wishes!

sjlsk84: Thanks for the info!

Now, back to packing...

Yes-Rae also does the Alaska Tour. You will have a great time. Tell her that Steph and Troy from Chicago say "hi!"

Yes-Rae also does the Alaska Tour. You will have a great time. Tell her that Steph and Troy from Chicago say "hi!"

I will tell them!

I am so excited that I am about to pop!!!!!

Adena, what day do you plan to begin your altitude medication?

Also, sayhello: have you taken the all adult ABD trips before? I am considering taking a trip by myself, and am considering a number of travel companies....such as the christmas markets through tauck....

gayleaboone: DH and I will start acetazolamide this Sunday.

Safe travels to Lima! We look forward to meeting you this Monday or Tuesday.

Also, sayhello: have you taken the all adult ABD trips before? I am considering taking a trip by myself, and am considering a number of travel companies....such as the christmas markets through tauck....
The Alaska trip I took was Adults only. The only change in the itinerary was going to the brew pub instead of the Sourdough Mining Company in Anchorage. Although on the website for 2011, it *sounds* like they are planning more changes specifically for the Adults-only trips. Personally, while I love kids (as long as they are other people's kids) I don't want to have to worry about kids pooping out, getting cranky, etc. If it's the adults pooping out & getting cranky, I guess I'm just stuck. ;) My Southwest Splendors trip ended up being Adults Only just because no kids signed up. The Med was not adults only. We lucked out, and all the kids were seasoned travelers, and well-behaved. I think you'd have no problems going on an Adults Only ABD by yourself...

Sayhello

oooo, SayHello, love the new moderator tag. :thumbsup2
Hey, thanks, kristilew! It was funny, I got an email asking me if I wanted to be a Mod on Thursday, and then yesterday, I checked the DIS before I checked my email. (Priorities, you know!) I posted a reply, and BINGO! there the tag was! :woohoo:. "Oh! I guess I'm a Moderator now!" :rotfl: I'm really happy about it, and I hope I can succeed & help out around here as a Mod. It was really quite a pleasant surprise!

Sayhello

Did some reading about Peru over the weekend and cannot wait to go next summer. May book the trip as early as TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

:banana:

I was also wondering about Rae, we had a female guide from the states named Rae in Costa Rica, does that sound like the one in Peru. She was lovely.

I was also wondering about Rae, we had a female guide from the states named Rae in Costa Rica, does that sound like the one in Peru. She was lovely.
I believe she's the same Rae I had in Alaska.

Sayhello

ABDAlaska2176.jpg

ABDAlaska1148.jpg

We booked for the Aug 2 2011 trip--waiting until 2012 for Egypt.

I was reading the new D23 magazine and noted that one of the featured editors (from my neck of the woods, San Diego) is a Disney fan (natch), and his partner works for ABD. Not saying this is DisneyGuy or anything, but hmmmmm

We booked for the Aug 2 2011 trip--waiting until 2012 for Egypt.

I was reading the new D23 magazine and noted that one of the featured editors (from my neck of the woods, San Diego) is a Disney fan (natch), and his partner works for ABD. Not saying this is DisneyGuy or anything, but hmmmmm

WeloveABD - we (DH and DS aged 8 then) are on the same trip 2nd August too for Peru - see you there!!
Seems forever away but it will soon pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter