• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Personalized Menus @ Coral Reef

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
I suprised my friend for his birthday a couple years ago by getting a personalized menu with phographs... I have heard that this has been discontinued, is that true or maybe are they doing it again? If not is there anywhere else that does this or anything else special for birthdays?

No restaurant are doing the personalized menus with photos like what Coral Reef offered in the past. Rumor is that it stopped because they were completely overwhelmed with requests for special menus.

Reportedly any regular TS location with a menu has the ability to print a simple "Happy Birthday Joe" or "Happy Anniversary Joe and Allison" in the corner of a menu. (Names of course will change ;) :goodvibes )

Mostly I've heard of it just happening when you have a birthday/anniversary noted on an ADR. I have heard occasionally that people ask at the podium, and that is met with mixed results.

Rumor is that it stopped because they were completely overwhelmed with requests for special menus.

1) That was the root of the problem.
2) CM's and divers could not get their regular jobs done due to requests.
3) The Internet spread the menus and the people went crazy.

4) Speaking of going crazy, that was the other reason.
. . . people were late for their ADR
. . . they missed the divers
. . . the divers had other work and could not return
. . . they sometimes would then YELL & SWEAR to get the divers back
. . . when divers didn't come back, they complained ever louder

. . . people would send in bunches of picture to be printed
. . . there wouldn't be room for all of them
. . . the guest would be upset because the "important" picture was missing
. . . they would want the menu reprinted
. . . of course, the pictures were deleted by then

1) That was the root of the problem.
2) CM's and divers could not get their regular jobs done due to requests.
3) The Internet spread the menus and the people went crazy.

4) Speaking of going crazy, that was the other reason.
. . . people were late for their ADR
. . . they missed the divers
. . . the divers had other work and could not return
. . . they sometimes would then YELL & SWEAR to get the divers back
. . . when divers didn't come back, they complained ever louder

. . . people would send in bunches of picture to be printed
. . . there wouldn't be room for all of them
. . . the guest would be upset because the "important" picture was missing
. . . they would want the menu reprinted
. . . of course, the pictures were deleted by then

Wow... just like anything people abuse and are unappreciative of somthing and ruins it for everyone

wow that is so horrible, we did the menus in 2008 and they were adorable. Exactly what I expected and there were no issues. My DH and DD were shocked and kept looking around like they though they were on candid camera! something special that none of us will ever forget. one bad apple.......

I also got the menu's done for my niece and my neighbour's boys. They were very surprised.

I was even offered the diver, when I asked about the personalized menu. That was a bonus and very neat to see.

I wish that people didn't ruin it for everyone else. It was a nice extra touch.

I'm taking my youngest niece this year. I'm going to try the restaurant again after the terrible service we had in 2008.

Not only were they completely overwhelmed with special menu requests but someone got hold of the manager's direct phone number and people were calling her line asking for menus and getting angry when they weren't called back quickly enough.

I doubt anything like this will ever be offered again, at least not for free.

What a shame that it had to be ruined by rude people. We did this for my sons 17th birthday in 2007. They did such a wonderful job! The woman I spoke with on the phone was so nice and very professional. I sent photos and what I wanted written on the menu and she sent a proof to me. We were seated right next to the aquarium and the diver was there on schedule. Our waiter took pictures and then after, brought my son a special dessert. I will always remember how special it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter