Personal watercraft Eco Tour-CC

jiminyC_fan

DIS Veteran
What do you think of Personal Watercraft Eco Tour on CC? We are thinking about doing it this time and was wondering what you thought about it. Are there several departure times? How boring was the tour and how much fun was the waverunners?

JiminyC_fan:

My brother and I (he was 16 and I was 31) did this tour last June on our cruise. It was one of the highlights of our trip! We had so much fun. There were several departure times and we chose the earliest. It was the two of us and our two guides. I've never been on waverunners before and they were such a blast! The tour part was interesting. We went out to a sandbar and got off our waverunners and he were told a lot of interesting facts and trivia. We were able to get some amazing pictures of the ship also. We already plan to do this again on our next trip.

We did this last year on the Repo cruise. I think we were the first ones on after the storm passed through. We really liked it. Having never been on waverunners before and always wanting to try them out, I thought this was a great way to do it. You've got someone around in case you need any help.

My DH and DS (age 9) went on the tour and loved it.

I remember reading a great trip report about it - I don't see it on the cruise trip reports board anymore. I didn't realize older reports disappeared. :confused3

But maybe if you do a search for threads started by WebmasterRegina you'll find it.
It was a great report and DH said VERY accurate!

Thanks everyone. I am just trying to muster up the courage. Things like that are hard on a nervous nellie like me!!

Dletz, that was some storm at CC while we were there for the repo, wasn't it?!

When we decided to book, I wasn't sure and kept going back and forth. Then I read the trip report above, and was even more worried about going. I wasn't sure how comfortable I would be. We decided to each have our own, because I knew I wanted to be able to drive, and I knew Howard would hog all the driving time. When we started out I was near the front and felt I kept up pretty good. After we stopped, I decided to hang back and stay in the back. I stayed with the group, but I was much more comfortable being in the back, because then I didn't feel guilty that I was slowing other people down, if I wanted to slow down every once in a while. Mostly when we were turning, I would slow down, but I was never way far behind the rest of the group, just went at a pace I was comfortable with.

I just look at that as a trip of firsts, while it wasn't the first hurricane I have been in (we were in New Orleans when Hurricane Andrew hit) it was the first time I had been near one on a ship, first time I had to visit the medical center on the ship, first time I had to get out of the water at CC due to a storm, first time through the Canal. It was definately filled with many things I will never forget.

As another posted stated, this was one of the highlights of our trip. Not only did we do the Eco Tour, but we did it twice. It had been several years since I had ben on a Waverunner and once I got back in the groove, we decided to go again more for the ride then anything else. The lead tour guide had us follow him on the way back the second time. He took us a different way back to the beach and we had a blast.

HIGHLY recommended!!

We will be doing this excursion and the Sting Rays tomorrow. I'll let you know. DW is reallying looking forward to it. We paid the extra $25 for us to have our own. With my driving, she might end up falling off. Not that would be bad a thing. Just Kidding :)

Snoopyto said:
We will be doing this excursion and the Sting Rays tomorrow. I'll let you know. DW is reallying looking forward to it. We paid the extra $25 for us to have our own. With my driving, she might end up falling off. Not that would be bad a thing. Just Kidding :)
Hey, that would be great. Not the dw :teeth: falling off but getting back to us. Have a great time!! :Pinkbounc :cool1:

We did the ECO tour yesterday an it was a blast. We nded up ocking late so our 9:45 time got combined with the next tour. There was a total of 8 of us. Had we been on time, we would had been the only 2.

They give you a briefin before the tour and it sounds like it is very structured. They get you on the PWC, and you crank it up and off you go to the other side of the isthmus that the ship Docks on. They give you a short spiel on the island. Then they take you out the sand bar. If you are on Deck 9 or 10 and look out past over the dock and you can see where the sand bar is.

It was fun overall. The biggest problem I have. Is they keep you sinle file and 50' seperation and to the right. What happens is people hit a rough patch of water and slow way down. You find yourself running up on people. Then there are the hot dogs who act they are going to run you over when you slow down. I could be a bad driver and the person in front of me was too.

Bottomline, I wish we went a little further, but we had a great time. Oh DW, did mention to bring money for tip, as the tour is not run by Disney, but an Abaco water sports company. The problem I have, is that it is on Disney's property and coordinated by Disney. So there should be no tipping. That is just me.

David

David, thank you so much for taking time to report back. I really appreciate it. DH is sitting with me so I read your review to him. I would never even thought about tipping. I guess I am like you. We didn't tip the parasail people and I bet it isn't Disney owned either.

If you haven't swam with Stingrays. It is a good adventure and kids will love it. You also make a donation to the Disney Conservation Fund

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter