Personal responsibility with kids

Oh please just because I bring things in a couple of times a year I'm going to be taking care of them the rest of their lives? Fact is I have a son in college who is very responsible, as are the other boys. Sorryvyoubdisagree but we're doing just fine raising our kids just because I'm willing to help them doesn't make me a bad parent or them lazy bums.

I haven't seen anyone say that they wouldn't take something up on the rare occasion a child forgot something. I was under the impression this was about kids that were habitually forgetting items. Yes, there are some parents that are running items to school almost daily....that would not happen at our house. Once or twice a year or so, not a problem.

So did my parents, but they still managed to teach me personal responsibility by not dropping everything and running every time I forgot something.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Everyone child or adult forget to bring x sometimes.

1st grade is when we started the you forgot it at home you do without it.

I do give them a once a school year exception.

Yes op my heart does ache for them, but hey its just growing pains.

So did my parents, but they still managed to teach me personal responsibility by not dropping everything and running every time I forgot something.

..... which suggests that perhaps there's more than one "right" way.

It's not hard and fast for us - each scenario of a forgotten item is treated individually, depending on a number of things. My kids know I might be able to bring something for them, or I might not. I have a job that's pretty flexible, but I already use that flexibility to get kids to extra-curricular activities etc. and I don't like to push it too far. So whether or not I feel like I should take the time out for the round trip home, then to school then back to the office depends on what work I have going on, how much time I have already taken that week, how important the forgotten item is etc. It also depends on the child and how scatter-brained they have been lately and how much we are trying to work on the issue.

:confused3 Really?
WHAT CLASS INSTRUCTION ARE THEY MISSING FOR THIS?
And what do the "bad" kids have to do during this time?

My children also did this. You may not be aware but some schools for exceptionally gifted children allow research time for special unrelated projects and/or just decompressing. This often translates to highly successful and innovative companies such as Google.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter