• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Personal medical Update

Darkbeer1

Theme Park Reporter and TV producer
Some of you know I spent all last week at the Anaheim Kramer Hospital, instead of my House overlooking Disneyland and Knott's, here is something I wrote for another board earlier today...

I am back home from the Hospital and got a good night sleep in my own bed, sleeping next to my lovely wife.

Still on Happy Pills, and a patched hole (well multiple ones) in my gut (now shortened by a foot), and lots of more meds and doctor appointments in the future. Current status is off work, limited action, take more naps and no heavy lifting. Diet is pretty much eat what I want though
1f642.png
:)

The big news, I was rushed into the Hospital due to them finding cancer in one of the 9 polyps they removed from a standard Colonoscopy. I entered the hospital with a diagnosis of Stage 2 Colon Cancer, and they removed a foot of my Colon last week.

Well, I finally got my pathology report back on the removed section. they had a problem with the first time they did it, and had to repeat it to verify the results.

And they had to change my Diagnosis... I have a new Stage level, since that is the key of the dreaded Chemo, worried I was going to have to take it and be level 3....

Well, I am now diagnosis with Stage ONE Cancer (and that is the best, the lower the number the better), for those who know the TNM scale I am T1, N0, M0, the lowest level there is, and that it was totally removed by the surgery.

So thanks to everybody prayers and good thoughts, I am now in remission and Cancer free!! And a new poster boy to promote regular cancer screenings and getting checked!!!!

But still need to be careful, especially in the short term.

Congratulations Darkbeer, that's great news! Hope you're back to 100% in no time.

I'm curious, and it's none of my business so feel free to not answer. But with 9 polyps, including cancerous ones -- how long had it been since your previous colonoscopy? Or was this your first? I ask because, with 2 polyps, they had me come back after 3 years instead of 10. And at that point, I had another polyp removed, so it's 3 years again to the next. I don't know if my doctor is over-cautious, or what. But your experience sure causes the rest of us to use abundant caution.

Thanks, and best of luck!
Bob

Congratulations Darkbeer, that's great news! Hope you're back to 100% in no time.

I'm curious, and it's none of my business so feel free to not answer. But with 9 polyps, including cancerous ones -- how long had it been since your previous colonoscopy? Or was this your first? I ask because, with 2 polyps, they had me come back after 3 years instead of 10. And at that point, I had another polyp removed, so it's 3 years again to the next. I don't know if my doctor is over-cautious, or what. But your experience sure causes the rest of us to use abundant caution.

Thanks, and best of luck!
Bob

It was my first, and only 1 of the 9 was cancerous, looks like 2 years from now, I will get another one as a pre-caution.

So happy you were diagnosed early. I get so much informtion from the Disboard Disneyland experts. Hope you continue to heal and will be providing regular Disney advice again soon.

Thank you for the update. Congratulations on a successful check up and cancer free. wishing you continued good health and many more disney days ahead.:flower3:

So glad everything turned out well! I enjoy your posts, they're really informational so take care of yourself, hope you're back on your feet and in the Parks again soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter