Personal items stolen from room - poll!

What, if anything have you had stolen from a Disney room?

• Yes - Cash

• Yes - Credit Cards

• Yes - Electronics / Cameras

• Yes - Other

• No - never lost a thing!

Results are only viewable after voting.

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
There have been a few threads here about the virtue of leaving stuff in your room vs locking things up because they could be stolen.

I was curious how many disboard readers have actually had stuff stolen from their rooms, regardless of what it was.

So please answer the poll. If, sadly, you had multiple things stolen, check as many as apply!

thanks!

---Paul in Southern NJ

It would have been really interesting to see if anyone who had had something stolen from their room had used the room safe at all.

I had the opposite happen. My wallet somehow fell out of my purse and got kind of wedged in the headboard area of our bed at WL. Carolyn of mousekeeping found it and put it on a pillow with a note that she had found it down in the headboard when she was making the bed. I had not even realized I had lost it yet, when we got back to the room and found it with her note. She also came by our room the next morning to make sure I had found it where she left it as she was worried about it. Just thought I would add a good experience to this thread!

I had the opposite happen. My wallet somehow fell out of my purse and got kind of wedged in the headboard area of our bed at WL. Carolyn of mousekeeping found it and put it on a pillow with a note that she had found it down in the headboard when she was making the bed. I had not even realized I had lost it yet, when we got back to the room and found it with her note. She also came by our room the next morning to make sure I had found it where she left it as she was worried about it. Just thought I would add a good experience to this thread!

Impressive!

I travel as often as I can and so far I have not had a single things stolen from me in any room anywhere, Disney or non-Disney.

On two occasions I left something in my room at Disney after check out and both times the item was shipped back to me.

We don't take much to Disney that we would be heart broken if it got lost/stolen. Anything of value, we use the safe in the room.

I travel as often as I can and so far I have not had a single things stolen from me in any room anywhere, Disney or non-Disney.

On two occasions I left something in my room at Disney after check out and both times the item was shipped back to me.

Same here... back in '99, I left my Figment plush at the room and didn't know it until I unpacked. A few days later, Figment showed up at my door step! I thought it was super awesome that he just didn't show up in the lost and found.

The safe wouldn't hold laptops and might not hold iPads.

It doesn't. What we do is the TSA approved luggage locks on our suitcases, and then lock up anything of value that doesn't fit in the safe in the suitcase. Of course there's always the chance a desperate person could just take the suitcase or try to break the lock, but thats less likely than getting the stuff stolen while it's unsecured. They have TSA approved luggage locks in combination form which is what we use or with a key. They are ok to use when checking bags on planes because TSA is able to access them with a universal tool they have to open all TSA approved ones, so they are acceptable.

We have been to Disney several times and never had anythign missing. I wish I could say the same about other trips. Entire backpack taken in St. Martin, camera in barbados, multiple credit cards across eourpe. Thats why I don't pack anything of value anymore.

I wonder if a poll taken of non-Disney vacation spots would have been as positive as this one.

This says a LOT for Disney! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

It doesn't. What we do is the TSA approved luggage locks on our suitcases, and then lock up anything of value that doesn't fit in the safe in the suitcase. Of course there's always the chance a desperate person could just take the suitcase or try to break the lock, but thats less likely than getting the stuff stolen while it's unsecured. They have TSA approved luggage locks in combination form which is what we use or with a key. They are ok to use when checking bags on planes because TSA is able to access them with a universal tool they have to open all TSA approved ones, so they are acceptable.

This only works if you don't have suitcases with zippers. It's simple to get into a locked, zippered suitcase.

We leave "extra" money and my wallet (devoid of all cc's) in the safe, my DS laptop out of sight, and never had a problem!

The safe wouldn't hold laptops and might not hold iPads.

When we stayed at Pop (which has one of the smaller safes on property from what I can tell), we were able to put in a laptop (13", so on the small side) AND an iPad AND a Nook Color. Very easily. If you had a larger laptop, that might be a problem, but I don't think you'd have problems with an iPad in any of the room safes.

The only time I've had something stolen while on vacation was when we were renting a house in St. John. My husband's laptop was stolen. There was a safe in the house that we hadn't been using. Ever since, we have always put things in the safe (or kept them with us) while traveling. I figure that even though it's by no means foolproof, certainly it's at least somewhat of a deterrent over leaving things out in the room.

Never had anything taken when staying in a Disney resort. In fact, my husband left his wallet and Rolex while we went to the pool for about a half day...everything was still there.
I left my sneaker in the resort and I didn't contact them I left it behind but a few days later they send my sneakers to my home.

In probably 100 different trips to WDW over many, many years I've never had anything stolen from our room. Of course, that doesn't keep me from taking basic precautions...

We never had anything stolen but my son's lovey, Blue Bear, was accidentally taken away in the laundry on our last trip. They put out an all-points bulletin on the thing and I had several calls from the resort manager and the head of mousekeeping regarding the search. The night manager actually sent someone out as soon as we called down, to purchase a "soft" Mickey appropriate for sleeping with. The next day Mousekeeping sent over balloons, Duffy and a note from Mickey.

Blue Bear never turned up. I suspect he didn't survive the industrial laundry. (He was not a well bear by that time.) But we made a scrapbook page to memorialize him. And Duffy is now much loved and planning to return to Disney with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter