• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

personal info on MB

memakwed

DIS Veteran
Not sure where to post this since MB is supposed to have hotel, dining and tickets on it. What personal info is on your MB?

Not sure where to post this since MB is supposed to have hotel, dining and tickets on it. What personal info is on your MB?

A code or serial number which tells the computer that reads it what MDE account in Disney's databank to link it to. That databank is where whatever personal information you've given Disney is.

If a supervillian steals your MB and builds a device to read it, what he will get from it is something like "7A893F023B1CC".

In addition, if you personalized it he will have the first name that you told Disney to put on the back of it, the color you chose and the Magic Bandits you bought for it that haven't popped off yet.

My understanding is that there is no info stored on your MB. It communicates with Disney servers which holds the info.

My understanding is that there is no info stored on your MB. It communicates with Disney servers which holds the info.

This is correct. Nothing is stored on the band. Everything is stored in your MDEx account/profile in Disney's database. The bands simply have a chip that reads your profile in the database.

If anyone were to get ahold of your band it would be virtually unusable. They couldn't charge anything as they wouldn't have your PIN and they couldn't use it for park access as you must scan your finger.

Moral:

If someone asks to borrow your finger and to write down your PIN code on it...

Hold onto your MagicBand!

:goodvibes

I don't agree with all of these people who say there's NO chance that personal info could be stored on your magic band.

When I tried to see if I could pull my band off without unhooking it, it ripped a hair out of my wrist. Now, thankfully, after speaking with the Disney tech reps, I was able to remove the wrist hair from the band. Otherwise, if someone got their hands on that band, they'd have my DNA. Who knows what they'd be able to do with that!

So, please think about that when you tell people there's NO personal data on the bands....

;)

A code or serial number which tells the computer that reads it what MDE account in Disney's databank to link it to. That databank is where whatever personal information you've given Disney is.

If a supervillian steals your MB and builds a device to read it, what he will get from it is something like "7A893F023B1CC".

In addition, if you personalized it he will have the first name that you told Disney to put on the back of it, the color you chose and the Magic Bandits you bought for it that haven't popped off yet.

That happens to be my number. Please everyone, don't abuse it.

I don't agree with all of these people who say there's NO chance that personal info could be stored on your magic band.

When I tried to see if I could pull my band off without unhooking it, it ripped a hair out of my wrist. Now, thankfully, after speaking with the Disney tech reps, I was able to remove the wrist hair from the band. Otherwise, if someone got their hands on that band, they'd have my DNA. Who knows what they'd be able to do with that!

So, please think about that when you tell people there's NO personal data on the bands....

;)

Don't sweat on your bands either. Between that and your wrist hair..

they could clone you! :scared1:

My thought wasn't cloning ect it was more if my child lost his band would there be substantial info where it would find it's way back to us. Similar to the same premise as taking a picture of your name and info on your camera in case you lose that and hopefully it finds it way back.

That happens to be my number. Please everyone, don't abuse it.

I liked the Muppet w/ Mickey Ears Magic Bandits that were on your band, but I wondered why you had the name "Pookie" on it.

My thought wasn't cloning ect it was more if my child lost his band would there be substantial info where it would find it's way back to us. Similar to the same premise as taking a picture of your name and info on your camera in case you lose that and hopefully it finds it way back.

Sorry if my post above came across the wrong way. (Darn internet!). I wasn't trying to make fun at all. Are you asking about the MB info because (a) you want to know if the MB would be able to be returned if it was lost; or (b) if a "bad person" found it, would they be able to trace it back to you somehow/where you live, etc.?

I wouldn't worry about (a) because you can easily Deactivate your MB or have Disney do it. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/bands-cards/lost-magic-band/

(I also wouldn't worry about (b), either, for the reasons noted above.)

I liked the Muppet w/ Mickey Ears Magic Bandits that were on your band, but I wondered why you had the name "Pookie" on it.

It's a long and complicated story. Suffice it to say I'm never going back to Singapore.

Maybe, but if you lose one they will give you a new grey one. I think if you lose it a second time you have to pay (or maybe you have to pay for any replacement....not sure, we didnt lose ours)

:lmao::rotfl: You guys are giving me a good laugh!

To the OP- be aware that you do not have to link a credit card to your magic band if you do not want to. We declined to do so, on our trip 2 weeks ago as I wasn't so sure about that (I'm also the one who wouldn't ever link a credit card to our KTTW cards). You can use the MBs for everything else except charging if you want. We did run across one lady on our trip who was complaining that her magic band was allowing charging without her putting in a pin code half the time- I don't think this was the norm, but obviously it was a glitch this particular lady was concerned about it in case she lost her band.

As far as personal info actually visible on the band- there will be a name inside- you can customize it and make it whatever name you want- real first name- nickname etc.

But I've heard a rumor that Doofenschmirtz Evil, Inc., is working on a "Magic-Band-Personal-Information-De-Encrypt-inator," which would be able to translate "7A893F023B1CC" into your SSN, credit card numbers, Facebook password, Mother's maiden name, browser history, etc.

But I've heard a rumor that Doofenschmirtz Evil, Inc., is working on a "Magic-Band-Personal-Information-De-Encrypt-inator," which would be able to translate "7A893F023B1CC" into your SSN, credit card numbers, Facebook password, Mother's maiden name, browser history, etc.

Omg. You just made my day!!! I think I might like you ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I've already invented this and patented it. I carry it in my backpack and scan you as I'm walking by. So you better zip you band in a silver bag or better yet your whole arm, while you're walking through TSM.

The Dear Doctor may be working on the Magic-Band-Personal-Information-De-Encrypt-inator but Perry will save the day...

But it really is too late if Biological Unit 7A893F023B1CC is on Facebook since Facebook Knows All! :scared1::rotfl2:

Later,
Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter