Person Who Made the Reservation has to be there?

Misha72683

DIS Veteran
So when I did our ADRs, I split them between my MDE abd my mom's to make it faster. I realized last night that I did the Oga's Catina AR on hers but after some schedule shifting, she and my daughter weren't actually planning on joining us for that. Does she have to be there? Do I have to cancel the ADR and hope I can snap it back up?

I don't ever remember having to verify who I was (by showing ID or anything) when checking in for ADRs. I've given my mom's name before when she made the ADR and there was never a question. I think you should be fine. But maybe others have had a different experience?

No the person that made the ADR doesn't have to be there but when you check in the reservation will be under your mom's name. I've made ADRs for my parents on my account before and they've never had an issue.

Have never had ID checked at any Disney restaurant for an ADR. Since your travel agent might have booked things for you, clearly they won't be the one to show up. I am not aware of any Disney rule about who makes the reservation vs who shows up to use it.

Nope. I put my name as lead on all my son's even though I wasn't going (makes it easier to cancel).
Never a problem

I made the ADRs for my friends and I for last March. I had to back out last minute and asked her what reservations she wanted to keep or cancel. She kept a few and just checked in under my name for the party of 2 instead of 3.

I've never been asked for any ID when checking in. You give them your name and often phone number for them to call you when your table is ready. Nobody is going to check to see what people are in the group.

Thanks everyone! When I made the reservation I assumed we would all be going but as we fine-tune plans, I rewlized it made more sense for them to head back to the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter