permanent markers?

Happiest mommy

DIS Veteran
Hi my DIS friends so my lil girl decided to write all over the kitchen cabinets with permanent markers :scared1::sad2: please tell me how to remove (HELP) TIA

Mr. Clean magic eraser has taken it off my walls, but I don't know if it would take it off of wood without harming the finish. That's a tricky one.

If the Magic Eraser doesn't work you can try a regular pencil eraser (with a little elbow grease) or rubbing alcohol BUT be very careful with the alcohol - I would spot test somewhere inconspicuous to make sure it doesn't hurt whatever type of finish you have.

Mr Clean Magic Eraser took Sharpie off my kitchen table, which is wood, with no problem. That would be the first thing I'd try.

Believe it or not, find a dry erase marker and color over it with that then remove with water. It should work. Try a test area first.

A magic eraser took red sharpie off my beige laminate countertops--and the fish tank.:rolleyes:

cookingqueen123 said:
believe it or not, find a dry erase marker and color over it with that then remove with water. It should work. Try a test area first.

this!!!!!! But I would just wipe away with a paper towel - no water

Since this is a budget board... Mr Clean Magic Erasers are just Melamine Sponges + you can get them super cheap looking around on the web. I have like a hundred because I bought a case a couple of years ago :) Love those things!

Try baby wipes. They remove all kinds of kid messes, though I can't say I've dealt with permanent marker yet.

Believe it or not, find a dry erase marker and color over it with that then remove with water. It should work. Try a test area first.

This actually works reasonably well...I don't know the chemistry behind it, but know it works wonders on a dry erase marker board.

Sometimes coke works too. I used to get black marker all over my hands at one of my old jobs and Coke (name brand for some reason) took it right off.

My friend used Colgate to get sharpie of her wood dining rom table. She said it was a miracle and didn't damage her table at all.

Happiest mommy said:
thank you all soo much you guys rock! I will try your suggestions and I think i'll keep my lil girl :lmao:

Please be sure to come back and let us know what worked :o)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter