Perks Of Being An Offspring of Divorced Parents! Updated- 7/14

stitch5ever

Mouseketeer
:drive: Tug On That Yellow Strap! :drive:

Hello Disboards! My name's Kaila and I'll be your host, your ghost host. Kindly step all the way in and please make room for everyone. There's no turning back now! ;)

What's the plan, Stan?

June 27th - July 1st: Disneyland, Paramount Studios and Beaches galore with my dad! :hyper:

July 17th - 21st: San Diego Comic Con and Disneyland with my mom and aunty! :banana:

Time to introduce the cast!

First up, me!
As you know, I'm Kaila and this is my first trip report. :eek: I'm 14 and going to be a Freshman in the fall. I've been to Disney World 5 times and Disneyland 6 times, counting these two trips. The first Disney trip I went on was to Disney World when I was 8 months old and we've been going almost every year since. I'm a huge disnerd and basically think and talk about Disney all the time. My favorite character is Stitch!
Though, I'm really scared of roller coasters and never go on them. But, because of Disney, I'm trying to train myself not to be afraid of them. In fact, I went on Radiator Springs Racers without any problem this trip and that was a big deal for me. So, I really hope that soon I'll be able to do Splash Mountain and eventually, Tower of Terror!
tumblr_mpc61cW5IT1r3d1umo1_500.jpg

Next up, my dad!
My dad really appreciates all of the shows and his favorite Disney movie is Monsters Inc.!:sulley: This was my first time going to DisneyLAND with my dad since I was 2 years old. He usually takes me to Disney WORLD.
tumblr_mpalvzOVur1r3d1umo1_500.jpg

Lastly, my mom!
My mom is a pretty big fan of the Disney parks just like me. She loves taking me and she really enjoys going. Her favorite Disney movie is the Aristocats.
tumblr_mfrfl3BYzI1r3d1umo1_500.jpg

Off to Neverland! Here we gooooo!

Lovin' it so far, Kaila! Your thread title drew me in. I tugged on that yellow strap, and looking forward to the ride!

Do try Splash. It's just fun. Well, & sometimes a good way to cool off. ;)
Btw, I'm much, m...u...c...h older than you. Probably older than your Dad & Mom. Possibly older than your ... oh never mind. And I'm trying to decide if I'm brave enough to finally try ToT this month! I might just wait until I'm older.

I'm Going To Disney!

(This is gonna be a fairly short update since it's just me getting to California:P I promise that when we get to the Disney portion of this report, I'll have TONS of photos and stories.)

I got up at 4 AM and we were out of the house by 5!

tumblr_mpcb1dU8ZV1r3d1umo1_500.jpg

Plane get up!

I was really sad to be leaving my mom, plus it was my first time riding on the plane alone, so I cried a little on the plane. :(

tumblr_mpcb5gEuO81r3d1umo1_500.jpg

I was off to Neverland by 8!

It was a pretty uneventful flight, but they did play The Office and The Mindy Project on the airplane TV's so I was excited about that! :banana:

I was in California by 9 AM because of the 2 hour time difference and my dad picked me up from the airport and we went straight to....

tumblr_mpcbb4vpcl1r3d1umo1_500.jpg

PARAMOUNT STUDIOS!!! :yay:

Continued in Next Post

Paramount Studios Tour

I was really excited to go to the Paramount Studios tour because my favorite shows Glee, American Horror Story and Community film there!

We headed to Paramount Studios and tried to park and this uptight guy was telling us that we had to have a reservation, so we called and they didn't have an opening until 1, two hours from now! So, my dad decided to park anyways and the guy was like "NO, TOO EARLY." and my dad was like the operator told us we could and he said "OK, SPOT 39." But, then we decided to head to Hollywood Blvd. and backed out. He was probably like "Good riddance." :rotfl:

So, we went to Hollywood Blvd. and checked out the Disney Soda Fountain Store. Unfortunately, they didn't have any pins available at the time. :(

tumblr_mpcby1rUse1r3d1umo4_500.jpg

Me and my dad in front of the Hollywood sign!

At 12:30 we headed back out to Paramount and met up with our tour guide, Justin! But before we went on our tour, we checked out the Paramount Studios gift shop, where Glee filmed in several times.
tumblr_mp2z68tLfu1r3d1umo1_500.jpg

Blaine and Kurt said I love you in front of these very doors! :lovestruc

tumblr_mp2z7wHUJc1r3d1umo1_500.jpg

Blaine once took a stick from here!

Then, we met back up with our group and Justin. There were only two other couples with us. Our tour guide showed us around and we passed by places where the Brady Brunch filmed and a couple places where Glee and Community had minor scenes. We also got to go on The Doctors sound stage, which was pretty cool. But, we weren't allowed to take pictures.

tumblr_mpcby1rUse1r3d1umo3_500.jpg

We also saw the Forest Gump bench! Our tour guide told us that once Tom Hanks sat on his Forest Gump get up and gave out chocolates to people in this very bench. :flower3:

tumblr_mpcc779E421r3d1umo1_500.jpg

But, it was a pretty unexciting tour. It may have been that my shows were out of session, but still I recommend the Warner Bros. tour instead.
I went in 2011 and got to see the Pretty Little Liars sound stage and The Big Bang Theory sound stage. Plus, even if we didn't get to go to those sound stages it still would've been better because they had two little museums where they had a bunch of set stuff and outfits from movies like Inception and Batman Begins. They also had a big Harry Potter section and a working Sorting Hat!

Continued in Next Post

Lovin' it so far, Kaila! Your thread title drew me in. I tugged on that yellow strap, and looking forward to the ride!

Do try Splash. It's just fun. Well, & sometimes a good way to cool off. ;)
Btw, I'm much, m...u...c...h older than you. Probably older than your Dad & Mom. Possibly older than your ... oh never mind. And I'm trying to decide if I'm brave enough to finally try ToT this month! I might just wait until I'm older.

I really want to try Splash Mountain and I'm okay with the big dip, but I'm apprehensive about the surprise dark dip!:scared: I hope that you try ToT, I think the theming is really cool and I really wish I could go on it!

I've noticed that most people on the disboards are older! But, I think that's really cool because there's still a lot of people who think that Disney is for kids, which is not the case.​

New Home and New Pins

After Paramount Studios, we took the hour long drive to my dad's new house in Orange County so, I slept the whole time. When we got to the house, I met my half-sister Keira and her mom, Honey for the first time. I also met my new kinda cousins Annie and Jessica. We got a long really well and it turns out that they have annual passes to Disneyland and go all the time! Man, how I wish that was my life. :faint:

tumblr_mp2ypoLuda1r3d1umo1_500.jpg

My new room for the next couple days!

tumblr_mp2z8tw4Ac1r3d1umo1_500.jpg

My sister!

I also saw my grandma and she surprised me with this really cool framed pin set!

tumblr_mpbtmcsOnm1r3d1umo1_500.jpg

After a little rest, we headed to a Japanese market and I had some of my favorite dish, Curry!

Then, we headed out to Downtown Disney where I bought a backpack, Minnie Mouse pen, autograph book, Dumbo pillow pet:dumbo: and Marie pillow pet for Keira. Afterwards, we went to the pin stand and I bought the 2013 fourth of july pin and my grandma bought me a poster pin.

400007562134-500x290.jpg

Photo courtesy of http://disneyparksmerchandise.com/

Next stop, California Adventure!

Continued in Next Post

Magic Morning AKA No Sleeping In Disney!

So, the next day I got up at 4:45 so that we could be out of the house by 6 and get there at 6:30. Well... we left at 6:18... and then my dad forgot the tickets and we had to go back halfway there.. so we got to California Adventure at about 7:30 after bag check and such. :crazy2:

But, whatever! We immediately got in line for Radiator Springs Racers fastpasses which went surprisingly well. So, we decided to get the Chicken Verde and Bacon Scramble Cones while we wait for 8 o'clock to roll around. The Bacon Scramble Cone was DELICIOUS! From what I heard from my dad, the Chicken Verde was alright but he liked my Bacon Scramble Cone better. :thumbsup2

Breakfast-cone-1-Cozy-Cone-Motel-439x625.jpg

Photo courtesy of http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/

cvc123234SMALL.jpg

Photo courtesy of http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog

After 8 AM, they immediately let us start getting fastpasses and it took us about less than 10 minutes to grab our fastpasses. The cast members were really quick about it, which was awesome. We had the time slot between 9:05 and 10:05.

TIME TO EXPLORE CARS LAND! It was my first time in Cars Land and I was super excited! :car:

tumblr_mpd77hxyAX1r3d1umo1_1280.png

tumblr_mpd77hxyAX1r3d1umo2_1280.png

tumblr_mpd77hxyAX1r3d1umo3_1280.png

Continued in Next Post

We're Going on Soarin'.. TWICE?

We had a little time before our fastpass time slot, so we decided to ride some rides! We rode Ariel's Undersea Adventure first and OMG! It was my first time riding it, because they opened it right after I left in 2011 and right after I left Disney World in October 2012. It was so cute and I loved the way that you go down into the water and up out of the water just like Ariel does.

Then, we went on Toy Story Mania and me and my dad were neck and neck the whole time until I beat him by just 2,000 points at the end! :cool1:

tumblr_mpd7p6lLM61r3d1umo1_500.jpg

After that, we went on Soarin' because it only had a 15 minute wait. I also went to go see if maybe the fastpass time slot was right at that time so we wouldn't have to wait at all. It wasn't.. but I got faspasses anyways! Then, we got onto Soarin' and we were 3rd row, to my dismay. My dad really loved it, though. Next stop, Radiator Springs Racers!

We ran to Radiator Springs Racers, hopped in the fastpass line and only had to wait about 5-10 minutes. Boo-yah! I got on and was a bit scared, because of the dips. But, there was a really nice mother sitting next to me and she assured me that it was really fun and not scary at all. So, off we went and it was SO CUTE and we got the new paint job scene! But, when we raced the car next to us was empy :confused3... we won anyways! I screamed the entire time and only felt a little bit of the big drop and now I'm literally IN LOVE with that ride:lovestruc.

tumblr_mpd83luPBn1r3d1umo1_500.jpg

We're the two in the back. My hair is in my face :(

Then, we decided to take more Cars Land pictures!

tumblr_mpd83luPBn1r3d1umo3_1280.png

tumblr_mpd83luPBn1r3d1umo2_1280.png

Then, we RAN to make our Soarin' fastpass for 10:55 and I don't know why but the fastpass line was HUGE. But, we had no problems getting onto our flight and had a great time. :thumbsup2

Then, I saw that Minnie was meeting in a few minutes and there were only a couple families so I thought, why not?
(My ears are all backwards in these pics, BTW, because, as Jess and Kristen would say.. I'M A FRUMP.)

tumblr_mpd8fkhqOQ1r3d1umo1_250.png

I told her that I loved her outfit.

tumblr_mpd8fkhqOQ1r3d1umo2_400.png

tumblr_mpd8fkhqOQ1r3d1umo3_1280.png

The photopass photographer was like "LOOK, MINNIE, IT'S YOU!"

tumblr_mpd8fkhqOQ1r3d1umo4_1280.png

Continued in Next Post

Monstropolis

After meeting Minnie, we went back to Cars Land to eat the Chili Cone Queso for the first time!

tumblr_mpegmpltF11r3d1umo2_500.jpg

I cannot express enough how much I LOVE the Chili Cone Queso. We ended up getting another for dinner that night! It's spicy and full of flavor and even the cone is yummy. It's my new favorite Disney snack! (Other than Mickey Waffles ;) )

tumblr_mpegmpltF11r3d1umo3_500.jpg

I also got lemonade in the small souvenir cup. I think the souvenir cup is so cute and actually was not that much of a pain to carry around. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it leaked quite a bit.

The lemonade was EXCELLENT and very tangy. I also got it again on the last day in a regular cup and it's 10x better sipping it. They put this strawberry foam on top of it and the mixture of the foam and the lemonade is delicious and so cute.

Since we were pretty tired from the little hours of sleep we got the night before, we sat in Flo's and ate our cone-coction. I definitely recommend going to Flo's to eat your cone-coction because it's AIR-CONDITIONED! And there's always plenty of seats and the servers don't mind at all. It was a nice little break.

Afterwards, we went to the Monsters Inc. ride which is so cute and very well themed. The queue is AWESOME. While we were there we also got to see the new Monsters University set-up which was so cute and also awesomely themed.

tumblr_mpegmpltF11r3d1umo1_500.jpg

BTW, Sully can't sign autographs!

Afterwards, we decided to walk around Buena Vista Street while we waited for our 2 o'clock reservation at CARTHWAY CIRCLE! Buena Vista Street is SO CUTE. I love all of their streetosphere and live music. I even got to meet Mickey in his old timey get-up!

tumblr_mpegmpltF11r3d1umo4_500.jpg

I told Mickey that I had just seen his girlfriend and showed him her signature in my autograph book and he kissed the page. How cute!

tumblr_mpegmpltF11r3d1umo5_500.jpg

Next stop, Carthay Circle!

Continued in Next Post

Hi Kaila! Love the report so far...especially loved reading the part about your interaction with Mickey Mouse!! The fact that he kissed Minnie's autograph is just way too cute! I am going to Disneyland in exactly one week with my dance studio! The last time I went to DL Carsland wasn't open, so I am really looking forward to seeing it! Your pictures are great and make me even more excited to go see it in person! It looks like you guys had fun :)

Great TR! :)

Thank you!​

I'm eager to read more of your TR. thanks for sharing your story!

Yay, thank you for READING my story!​

Hi Kaila! Love the report so far...especially loved reading the part about your interaction with Mickey Mouse!! The fact that he kissed Minnie's autograph is just way too cute! I am going to Disneyland in exactly one week with my dance studio! The last time I went to DL Carsland wasn't open, so I am really looking forward to seeing it! Your pictures are great and make me even more excited to go see it in person! It looks like you guys had fun :)

Aw, thank you! Yay, I'm excited for you and hope you have a great time. Cars Land is AMAZING and just breathtaking to be in. Make sure you visit Cars Land at night, too, because it's 10x more beautiful at night! Thanks for reading!

Carthay Circle

After taking a stroll down Buena Vista Street, we headed to our reservation at CARTHAY CIRCLE!!

tumblr_mphbx6nazo1r3d1umo3_500.jpg

We had a 2 PM reservation and we had to wait about 5 minutes until somebody took us to our table. He took us up in a really cute elevator and we were seated in the Hollywood section.

tumblr_mphbx6nazo1r3d1umo4_500.jpg

The photos of Walt in the lounge.

The restaurant is BEAUTIFUL. They have this lovely mural on the ceiling that if you don't look close enough, you won't be able to tell it's actual a mural of Snow White scenery!

tumblr_mphbx6nazo1r3d1umo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mphbx6nazo1r3d1umo2_500.jpg

The menu!

tumblr_mphbx6nazo1r3d1umo5_500.jpg

Me at our table!

My meal was ok at best. I even forgot what I got! My dad got Sol though and he said he really liked it. I tried some of us and I liked his more than mine. Afterward we got dessert, so we could get World of Color fastpasses!

tumblr_mphbzsgFCc1r3d1umo2_500.jpg

I got the decadent cake and it was AMAZING. So good, it was dark chocolate so it was rich but not too rich and not too sweet.

tumblr_mphbzsgFCc1r3d1umo3_500.jpg

Then, we got our World Of Color fastpasses, no problem!

tumblr_mphbzsgFCc1r3d1umo4_500.jpg

Afterward, we walked around and shopped for a bit to walk off our meal. Then, we saw the Aladdin show which was FANTASTIC. It was so funny and Aladdin was hot ;) Also, they have a scene where Aladdin and Jasmine fly on a magic carpet and it was just TOO CUTE. Don't miss this show!

Next stop.. SURPRISE we're ******* ** ********** *****! ;)

Continued in Next Post

Aw, thank you! Yay, I'm excited for you and hope you have a great time. Cars Land is AMAZING and just breathtaking to be in. Make sure you visit Cars Land at night, too, because it's 10x more beautiful at night! Thanks for reading!

Okay! Thanks for the tip :) Night time seems to make everything better.. all those pretty lights!! Can't wait to read about your World of Color experience. I haven't see that either!!! gahh so much I need to do on this trip! I saw it partially from a hotel room but that doesn't count lol!

I love the fact you got your sister a gift from DD . What a sweet big sister you are :). I am totally enjoying your trip review. I like reading reviews from a teens point of view. Keep the updates coming.

Thank you for the info about the mural in the CCR. Snow white was the first movie I ever went to. I was 5 years old at the time. I went with my favorite cousin who was 10 and his brother was 8. Back in those days kids that age were not an uncommon sight to see in a theater I guess-- well it was 55 years ago -- sigh :( when did I get old? Guess I need a trip to DL so I can be a kid again :).

We're Staying at the DISNEYLAND HOTEL!

My dad surprised me about two weeks before our trip that we were gonna stay one night at the Disneyland Hotel.. just because!:cool2: So after we saw Aladdin, we went to the hotel to check in and take a little break.

(I didn't take any photos of the lobby, sadly, sorry!)

We got there and were greeted with this lovely sight. Though, it did make me
miss Hollywood Studios. :(

tumblr_mplaks06RZ1r3d1umo1_500.jpg

Then, we went up to our room on the fourth floor!

tumblr_mplaks06RZ1r3d1umo3_500.jpg

The carpet you see as you get off the elevator!

tumblr_mplaulg0yW1r3d1umo4_500.jpg

As you can tell, I was very excited to see my favorite magical headboard for the first time. :wizard:

tumblr_mplaks06RZ1r3d1umo5_500.jpg

UGH SO PERFECT

tumblr_mplaks06RZ1r3d1umo10_500.jpg

There were old timey pictures of Disneyland and Walt on everything and I just- I need a moment. :sad:

tumblr_mplaks06RZ1r3d1umo6_500.jpg

tumblr_mplaks06RZ1r3d1umo4_500.jpg

Hidden Mickey in the carpet!

tumblr_mplaks06RZ1r3d1umo7_500.jpg

tumblr_mplaks06RZ1r3d1umo8_500.jpg

tumblr_mplaulg0yW1r3d1umo3_500.jpg

tumblr_mplaulg0yW1r3d1umo7_500.jpg

Mickey everywhere!

tumblr_mplaulg0yW1r3d1umo8_500.jpg

Oh, how I love hotel robes.

Might as well make this a huge Disneyland Hotel masterpost and post the pictures we took at Disneyland Hotel later that night, too.

tumblr_mplaulg0yW1r3d1umo1_500.jpg

My monorail slide!

tumblr_mplaulg0yW1r3d1umo2_500.jpg

The headboard lights up and plays music, too! I used it as a night light hehe.

tumblr_mplaulg0yW1r3d1umo6_500.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Okay! Thanks for the tip :) Night time seems to make everything better.. all those pretty lights!! Can't wait to read about your World of Color experience. I haven't see that either!!! gahh so much I need to do on this trip! I saw it partially from a hotel room but that doesn't count lol!

I know! I haven't tried it, but I heard Jungle Cruise was way better at night, also. Ah, this was my second time seeing it, but it felt like a first time all over again. It's a fantastic show and it's definitely a CAN'T MISS. I hope you get all you want to do done. I'm sure you will! I only had a day at California Adventure and got most everything I wanted done. Just try not to waste too much time in long lines!

I love the fact you got your sister a gift from DD . What a sweet big sister you are :). I am totally enjoying your trip review. I like reading reviews from a teens point of view. Keep the updates coming.

Thank you for the info about the mural in the CCR. Snow white was the first movie I ever went to. I was 5 years old at the time. I went with my favorite cousin who was 10 and his brother was 8. Back in those days kids that age were not an uncommon sight to see in a theater I guess-- well it was 55 years ago -- sigh :( when did I get old? Guess I need a trip to DL so I can be a kid again :).

Aw, thank you so much! That is so cute that Snow White was your first movie. I can't believe you remember that! But, Disney does usually leave a big impact. I hope you can go back to Disney soon! You can never be too old for Disney :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter