• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Perks for frequent dcl travelers?

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
This is our first DCL cruise and I keep reading about silver and platinum members or whatever being able to check in online and book activities earlier than us newbies..

How does that work?

What is castaway cay members about and is that a cost or just a number of cruises you have to take?

TIA

This is our first DCL cruise and I keep reading about silver and platinum members or whatever being able to check in online and book activities earlier than us newbies..

How does that work?

What is castaway cay members about and is that a cost or just a number of cruises you have to take?

TIA

The Castaway Club is for returning cruisers to DCL.

After you complete your first cruise you are a Silver member.

After completing 5 cruises you are Gold.

And after completing 10 you are Platinum.

Each level has perks assigned to them. You can find the levels/perks either in the FAQ sticky here or on the DCL site. Basically, you get an in-room gift as well as various "freebies" and discounts.

:cutie:

so heres a question...

Say I'm a silver club member.. Can I call during say a Gold members window to see about excursion availability (read Cabanas).. Not be able to book one, but know one is there?

so heres a question...

Say I'm a silver club member.. Can I call during say a Gold members window to see about excursion availability (read Cabanas).. Not be able to book one, but know one is there?

Excursion availibity is only on the DCL website, as far as I know. I don't know that you can call DCL and ask about it. :confused3

:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter