Performer killed at WDW

Plutes

Mouseketeer
Just heard on the news....This is horrible - Apparently a float ran over one of the performers sometime during/after the afternoon parade. They didn't give anymore details - it was just one of those 'this just in' things. what a tragedy....

It was on ABC, Channel 7 in New York. They didn't have any details - just that it was breaking news.

According to what is posted on the rumors and news board:

A cast member was killed in an accident with a float before the 3pm parade. It happened behind the scenes and was not witnessed by the public. Apparently it was someone dressed in a character costume.

Thoughts and prayers to the Disney family.:(

Here's the item posted on the WESH-TV Web site:

Disney Worker Killed In Parade Accident
POSTED: 4:12 PM EST February 11, 2004
UPDATED: 4:55 PM EST February 11, 2004

An accident during a parade at Walt Disney World killed an employee Wednesday.

The accident happened behind the scenes at the Magic Kingdom and was not witnessed by the public, WESH NewsChannel 2 reported.

The employee was portraying a Disney character, but officials would not disclose what character was involved. The victim was believed to have been run over by a float, Reedy Creek Fire Department public information officer Bo Jones said.
Stay with WESH NewsChannel 2 and WESH.com for further details.

Thoughts and Prayers are very much appreciated by the extended Disney "family". The CM was one of those that was friends with eveyone and will be missed dearly.

My Prayers to the family and lots of hugs to my friends that are grieving right now :(

Originally posted by caparamedic
Poor Pluto.

I know that you probably did not mean any direspect (and who knows being from LBV you might even work in MK), but for those of us that are actually grieving this loss your comment is in distaste. It was not "Pluto" it was a very amazing person who could light up any room that he walked into.

This is such terrible, sad news. My heart goes out to family members and friends.:(

What a sad loss for the WDW community. Our prayers go out to his family and friends.

OMG this is terrible news.My heart goes out to the CM's family and friends.Y'all are in my prayers!

Originally posted by LibertyBelle
I know that you probably did not mean any direspect (and who knows being from LBV you might even work in MK), but for those of us that are actually grieving this loss your comment is in distaste. It was not "Pluto" it was a very amazing person who could light up any room that he walked into.

I don't see how that comment was distasteful at all. I think the poster is aware of the fact that it was not actually Pluto. Please don't take your grief out on someone else who is sad about this.

I just heard on my way in to work today :( Has there been any update or investigation into how this happened?

My heart goes out to Javier's family. This is a terrible tradgey.

I understand what you are saying Esmeralda, but I still think it was in poor taste, if there had been any other comment maybe not, but just saying "poor Pluto" to me was not appropriate.

Anyway, the investigation is still underway, however from those that were there I have been told he simply tripped. Kind of scary to think, people trip everyday. We will see what the investigators say, but to my understanding it was simply an unforseable accident.

Originally posted by LibertyBelle
I understand what you are saying Esmeralda, but I still think it was in poor taste, if there had been any other comment maybe not, but just saying "poor Pluto" to me was not appropriate.

Anyway, the investigation is still underway, however from those that were there I have been told he simply tripped. Kind of scary to think, people trip everyday. We will see what the investigators say, but to my understanding it was simply an unforseable accident.

Very scary :(

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the CM's family and friends. I'm sure he's touched many lives, many of those without evening knowing the actual man. He will have a special place in Heaven.

Just heard today and am shocked and saddened :(

On the "Today" show when they mentioned it, they said it was a worker in a Goofy costume. Regardless of what the individual was wearing I am saddened for his family...especially his kids.

My prayers go out to CM family and friends...such a tragedy. Please take comfort in knowing he is in a better place now...even better then Disney World. I will add his families name to our prayer list at church. Very sad:( :(

I'm still in shock over this. When I told my DS8, he wanted to say a prayer right then for the CM and his family. So we did. I saw a blip about it on the Today Show, but haven't seen it anywhere else. My heart just goes out to his family and his Disney family. It's so sad and I'm sure that he will be missed by all who knew and loved him (and even those of us that didn't know him personally). God bless his family and give his soul rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter