• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Perfectly princess tea party - worth the $$?

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I looked at the Perfectly Princess Tea Party (at the Grand Floridian where Aurora is there & the girls all get a doll) It is super expen$ive, I was wondering if anyone has done it & was it worth the big bucks in their opinion?

Thanks for any feedback,
Marina:)

YES! I did this in the spring of 2012 with my then 7 and 3 year old daughters. (Dad and brother went to AK for the morning). In my opinion it was well worth the cost and is something my girls still talk about. My 7 year old was starting to be over princesses but she played along and had a great time. I let her wear just a nice sun dress instead of the full princess getup her sister had. Character interaction was wonderful. There were only about 20 kids when we were there....lots of moms and grandmas.....and Rose (your host) and Sleeping Beauty spend a lot of individual time with the kids. It is very interactive.

Kids get to take home a sleeping beauty doll (am girl size) as well as a bracelet and crown. They also have a photo pass photographer take individual pictures at the end. Kids liked the tea party finger food.

I would recommend it if you have big princess fans. Just warn them that it is Sleeping Beauty's party (or at least it was in 2012). If you are expecting to see more than just her they will be disappointed.

Do you mind em asking how much it is? I didn't see the price on the website and hate calling to ask bc then I feel pressured to book. I would love to do this with my daughter. She will almost be 4 and loves stuff like this but am wondering if she may be too young still. Thanks

I just recently booked it for our May trip and it was $291.04 with taxes...and you pay for it at the time of booking.

Excited to spend Mother's Day with my little princess.

We did it last time. My DD was 9 and definitely above the target age.

I'm still deciding, I spend almost 300 at Bibbidi Bobbidy but I got a dress & crown for her, a hairstyle & great pics. It does sound like a great experience though

I think it is worth the cost, and it is an experience the family will LOVE! DH, DM, DD5 & I attended February 2013. DD LOVED it. Space is limited, so that makes it worth the cost too. Each princess (girl) is introduced to all attending before entering garden tea room. Girls have special interaction as group with Rose Petal & Aurora. Guest in Audience asked to participate in a few things. It's just WONDERFUL!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d.../my-disney-girl-perfectly-princess-tea-party/

http://allears.net/din/girlstea.htm

I LOVED it when I took my 4 and 6 year olds in 2011. It was such a highlight and special event together. Worth the cost for sure! They still talk about it! This past trip I took my 3 year old and she was definitely young for it. While I questioned if it was worth it or her, I'm glad we did it as it was her only chance to attend. In that case, I think it was more of a special memory for me, but she still loves the gifts she got there. I think it's the sweetest tea party and such a special thing for moms and daughters.

My daughter is 11 now and is too old to go. I always passed on this because of the cost. Well, now it's too late! My daughter wanted to go this year, I think because she's feeling the pressure of growing up, but she is now an adult at the party :( They are only young for a little time. Don't look at the price. Everything in WDW costs an arm and a leg. Of course, your daughter has to "want" to be a princess to really enjoy the experience.

I did this with my daughter when she was 5, and it was so worth it. Just for the very special mommy/daughter time. Such a nice, intimate character experience - so many special moments. they did a parade around the grand floridian, had a photographer taking their pictures, got to process down the grand staircase... so much fun.

This is unlike any other experience I have had with my daughter at Disney. I want to take my DD4, but am waiting until she is just a bit older.

There were a couple of 12-ish girls the time I went, but it was clear they felt a little silly... most of the girls really enjoying it were between 5-9.

I'm thinking about booking this for my DH and my DD (5) to do together on our next Disney trip. Everyone is talking about it being a great Mom/daughter experience. Curious as to whether there were any Dads there with their DD's? If not, do you think DH would be out of place?

For those who have done the tea party before would you say its better than BBB? I made a ressie for BBB, one of my girls (6) loves princesses but isn't really into make up/ dress up. The other DD4 LOVES it all! Maybe this would be a better option for us.

I'm thinking about booking this for my DH and my DD (5) to do together on our next Disney trip. Everyone is talking about it being a great Mom/daughter experience. Curious as to whether there were any Dads there with their DD's? If not, do you think DH would be out of place?

Both times I attended it was mostly moms, but there were definitely a few dads and grandfathers sprinkled into the mix too. I think it's just so pricey it typically is one grown up with the child. It seemed that most moms attended the tea with their child and the dads would line up to see the little princesses in the parade. But a dad would not feel out of place and it would be a joy for him to see his daughter enjoy the tea.

For those who have done the tea party before would you say its better than BBB? I made a ressie for BBB, one of my girls (6) loves princesses but isn't really into make up/ dress up. The other DD4 LOVES it all! Maybe this would be a better option for us.

This is a tough question because the BBB is so much fun! I really love the boutique experience and my girls tend to keep their hair for two days with reapplying makeup every day. It's not that expensive for what you get. But, if your daughter isn't into hair and makeup, it may be better to do the tea. Both are so fun and special!

I've not been to either, but I've read that a good alternative to the PPTP is to go to the GF for a formal tea in their tea room, which is a fraction of the cost. Something to think about, anyway. I had reservations for the PPTP, but decided that my almost four year old was too young to reliably say it would go well, and. I didn't want to risk being mad if she melted down, wanted to leave, or whatnot. I think it sounds wonderful though!

Yes, we thought it was totally worth it! If my dd wasn't 11 and now taller than me, she would love to do it again.
We went when she was 6 and it's her favorite memory from all our trips. When we were there, there were only two other girls so Aurora had lots of time to visit with each girl.

I thought about taking my 2 1/2 year old daughter when we go in October, but I've decided to wait until she's a little bit older. I think she would love the tea, but she's very very very shy and it takes her a good 20 minutes to warm up to people. I can see her wanting me to carry her around the room rather than walk by herself. I'm just hoping that when we plan the next trip she won't have outgrown the princess phase.

This may be silly, but would this be considered two table service points for dining? Or can you not use dining for it at all?

This may be silly, but would this be considered two table service points for dining? Or can you not use dining for it at all?

You can't use dining points at all. It's totally separate and I believe they charge your credit card at the time of booking. Good question!

It turned out my 11 year old was not too old for this and we went last week. We had a wonderful time. Be aware that allears said you would get a discount with the Tables in Wonderland card. This is incorrect, they no longer give discounts. Your daughter should be old enough to sit and listen to a storyteller and not so shy that she dissolves into tears. My 11 year old really enjoyed this and it was a memorable event :) Well worth the price IMO! I posted a review here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3283530

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter