Perfectly Pleasant Pop Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am signed up for January and would be willing to help buy a new fridge.

Hi Everyone! I have been checking with luggage service and our real fridge has still not shown up. I did pass on the white fridge they gave me to Penjen this evening so at least we have one to get us through. It doesn't have a box but does work pretty well and kept our drinks nice and cold!! I am guessing our real fridge may show up at some point so just keep asking them about it!!

If our original fridge does not show up, if someone can get the measurements of this fridge and anyone that is driving down and has the room can maybe get a box for this fridge. I will be happy to do it but I will not be there till December.

Hi All,
I am starting to panic as we leave in 2 weeks.
Will they continue to let us use this fridge? Pardon my ignorance but how does a fridge disappear? :confused3

I am unable to bring a box as we will be flying.

I seem to recall someone posting on a thread about fridge swaps, if they lose your fridge they have to replace it. I believe you need the a receipt or something. Sorry but I cannot remember the details of it or WHERE I saw this info.

Might be worth checking into though. If I find the info I will post it here for you.

Stephanie

Hi

I've just got home from 10 days at Pop Century. Before we left, we signed up for a fridge swap over at TGM, I took down the number and the instructions that the box was covered in Mickey stickers. We arrived at Pop Century fairly late after a long haul flight and pottered off to Luggage Assistance. I handed my folder insert with the info to the cast member and off he went. He came back with a box popped it onto the trolley and piled our luggage on with it.

My boyfriend took the trolley whilst I dealt with some paperwork and our boys. When I got to the room the fridge was on the table, the box was behind our cases and I never thought another thing about it. On our departure day, I did our packing whilst he looked after the children and packed up the fridge (which incidentally has been cleaned out thoroughly with anti bacterial wipes). It then went onto the trolley and got pushed back to LA. It was only when the assistant picked the box up and placed the paperwork for the trolley on top of it for me to sign, that to my horror, I saw the DIS written on the Mickey ears.

With all my research on TGM I had heard of DIS and realised what had happened, this has been the first opportunity to get internet access and try to locate the fridges rightful owner. I can only apologise for the inconvenience. If its any assistance, I did hear the luggage assistant speak to a colleague and say to put the fridge at the back of the storeroom.

Kind Regards

Nickki

Thanks Nickki! It is good to know the fridge is still alive and well!

Oct 11-18th is open-
We have had a change of plans and I need to cancel my dates. I will PM
crzy4dzny07.:sad1:

I would love to get the fridge for the dates of Oct. 17th - 22cd if it is available. Let me know, Thanks!

Hi,
This is the first I've been able to post. We've been gone for 12 days. We got the white fridge from Corbin3 and put it in luggage services for Disney4Drew this morning. The white fridge works good hopefully the original fridge finds us and can continue it's journey :)

Hi everyone! I had a message on my phone last night that they have our original fridge in luggage service with my name on it! Either they just found it again or someone finally turned it back in. Is the swap continuing through October? I have not called them back yet. What should I tell them??

Hi everyone! I had a message on my phone last night that they have our original fridge in luggage service with my name on it! Either they just found it again or someone finally turned it back in. Is the swap continuing through October? I have not called them back yet. What should I tell them??

PM CRZY4DZNY07 and see who is next on the list and maybe she can give you their information and the CM at luggage services can add the new information to the box.

I hope that it is still going on. Can anyone give us a heads up on this?

Corbin3 I think what lilelf was trying to tell us :confused3 in her post was that she had our fridge by mistake and left it at luggage services at the end of Sept. That is what I am gathering from reading it again.

Can someone shed some light on how the swap is going?

We are coming in May 2008, are you taking people for that time period yet? Let me know via PM as I probably won't check this board, thanks! :)

The dates are May 15-20

Heidi

I imagine the swap will continue, as long as the fridge remains in storage for drgreene1096 who arrives 10/23. With the cancellation we had, we had no one on our list after Disney4Drew until 10/23. (Sorry I didn't see the one request for the swap for today before now...)

Since they found our original fridge I will call POP and see if they are able to put their information on the box. PMing drgreene now because I never was sent the confirmation information. Hopefully things continue smoothly after this with no more misplacings.

I'm due to pick it up next on 11/4. I'll be able to get back online on 11/11 (evening) once I get home and give everyone an update on the fridge situation if there is no report from drgreene by then.

I'm due to pick it up next on 11/4. I'll be able to get back online on 11/11 (evening) once I get home and give everyone an update on the fridge situation if there is no report from drgreene by then.

Thanks MonkersMama,

Us towards the bottom of the list are getting kinda worried if we will even be able to get the fridge, since we have had no word. I hope you have a magical trip!

Just got back home! Amazing trip. Luggage services DID have a difficult time finding the fridge and then they finally let me back there with a CM. We hunted for about 10 minutes and found it at the very very very back buried amongst some other things. Definitely not in the area where the other fridges being swapped were hanging out. The fridge is in good shape and there are tons of disinfectant wipers in there and some packing tape left. The cardboard box is pretty banged up, but still has some life left in it. I left the fridge in luggage services yesterday morning about 8am. Thanks for this swap - it saved us a BUNDLE on water/milk/juice etc!!! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter