Perfect Layers - any opinions?

ChrisnSteph

<font color=purple>Ask me about Ben Franklin's bat
I've been hearing great things about this tool for creating perfect mats every time:

14277F3415s.jpg

Anyone here have it? I'm thinking about buying it but I'd like to get some reviews first!

BUY IT
I love mine
I also bought it for my mom for her b-day (january) she is still on the waiting list but lets just say I don't scrap without it.
buy it you won't regret it

oops I should mention I only use the rulers they provide. The mat wasn't anygood and I found that the xacto knife worked better than the one they provided for me

I'd seen it at a crop, but the person who had it said she didn't really like it...but then admitted she'd only ever tried it once. Then I tried it at another crop & absolutely loved it! In fact I liked it so much & was so into using it that I forgot it belonged to someone else & she had to practically pry it out of my hands! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm planning on getting one for myself as soon as I have some $$ to spend. ;) I should say, though, that she used a different kind of knife. I think I liked that one better. I'll ask her what it was in case you're interested.

I love mine too! I got mine through Stampin Up -- it comes with just the rulers. I use a regular Xacto knife and my Making memories or CM cutting mat. I don't know the price diff through Stampin Up, but if you just want the rulers, you could check them out....

I LOVE mine! I use it on every layout. I give it two thumbs up :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 .

I got mine on ebay. I got the rulers, cutting mat, exacto knife. The mat worked great until I used it so much it has cuts in it hahaha. Now I use a glass mat. I've heard people instead using glass mat, they use the glass from a picture frame you can get at like a dollar store. :)

You wont be sorry. :)

Umm Piratesmate that would be me! HAHAHA DIdn't mind at all! That I lost the tool for ummm the day! LOL! Just kidding!
But it is my favorite tool of all time! I highly recommend it. But definately buy it from QVC it usually sells for $19.99 and you get a knife, mat and rulers.
I don't care for the mat I think it dulls the blade quickly. But I know I also push way too hard!
I too use a different knife I love the big chunky red handle kind that people us I think more for carving.
But it is a great tool! and the mats...can I jsut tell you I sometime mat 5 times! Seriously! Very thin, thick, medium etc....Love it!

Love, love, love it. I use my cm mat and a rotary blade though. I reach for it a lot when working on my pages. One of my better buys.

Cyndi

Love it.....but I'm another one who uses a rotary blade (like quilters use). That exacto knife just scares me -- like I'm gonna take a fingertip off or something.

I've been thinking about buying this, but I can't figure out how it works. Do you use both rulers at the same time? How is it different than using a 12" trimmer. Mine is the CM one with ruler marks on it, so whenever I mat something I use that. :confused:

Each ruler has a little lip on the 4 sides to give you a total of 8 different sized mats.
You just butt the ruler up against the picture or paper then cut.

can't say that I'm a big fan of it, however, I bought a new xacto knife for it and a glass cutting mat and it does work better now. maggie

I saw someone using it the other week and I can't wait to get one for myself. She gave a great demo of it.

Love it! I like to mat photos and it's the easist way to do that without measuring and then making sure the picture is in the right place , etc.

You have to have a sharp blade, and don't push too hard. Let the knife do the work. Once you get the hang of it you'll love it. I can mat so many pics quickly with it. I Xyron my pics to paper that is a little bigger than I want and just trim it down.

PoohBearLovinMama said:
I've been thinking about buying this, but I can't figure out how it works. Do you use both rulers at the same time? How is it different than using a 12" trimmer. Mine is the CM one with ruler marks on it, so whenever I mat something I use that. :confused:

I didn't get it either when DDIL's mother showed it to me & told me she didn't like it. I couldn't see spending the money since I'm happy with my trimmers too. However, the appeal for me is NOT the trimming - it's the sticking it all together! :teeth: Ask Spinning....she got a good laugh out of watching me try to get my mats straight! After I'd stick the photo to the mat I pulled out a ruler to check to make sure the mat wasn't wider at the top than the bottom....repeatedly! :rotfl2:

This way you just put adhesive on the photo, put it on the CS, then line up the ruler & cut! And it's actually straight! :rotfl:

Here's something else to make Spinning laugh! :teeth: I'm going to a crop in a couple weeks with DDIL & her mom. They've asked me to show them how to use it "properly". If I can "convert" her mom, I'll be surprised though. She's big on buying stuff from QVC & then not using it. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter