Peoplemover rehab or no?

So happy about this! I'm there in 9 days I was seriously bummed my fave was closed. Hope they don't change their mind!

wdwmagic posted a number if days ago that the refurb had been pushed back until later in the year, presumably to coincide with an Astro-Orbiter refurb that they are expecting to happen in the future.

Postponed? Really? FANTASTIC! Look at my ticker.....this makes me very, very happy! Thanks for the info, all! :cool1:

Yeah! I was so sad about this. We will be there in 8 days and now I am so glad it will be open for us! My kids love the ride, and I like the short break:) Personally, I still call it the Wedway people mover, but I am resistant to change. I am still holding out hope for a return to the original Illuminations;)

Officially, it is Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover.

I was glad when they added PeopleMover back to the name, but I will still always refer to the ride as the WEDWay PeopleMover. It was a nice tribute to Walt to have his initials on the ride system.

I think out of all the rides, I would cry the most if the People Mover was closed during my visit :lmao:

Let's hope "later this year" means after April!!

I am the same way, just look at my signature :goodvibes. We are going to be there at the end of May and I am praying that later this year will be after our trip.

I love the People Mover so much. (I know...call me crazy. There are so many more exciting rides at WDW!!!) My son and I ride it multiple times when we are in Disney. I hope it is operational in August!

I love the People Mover so much. (I know...call me crazy. There are so many more exciting rides at WDW!!!) My son and I ride it multiple times when we are in Disney. I hope it is operational in August!

It's supposed to open July 1st or July 2nd. I've seen two proposed opening dates for post-rehab and not sure which is accurate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter