People, you need to quit!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also,you might want to use them for preferred seating at wishes, illuminations, an electric parade if you aren't used to using them on rides. Might enhance your experience you are used to.

That is a great point! Thanks. THAT was what I was looking for :)

for everyone that has asked what my question is....

We don't ever use FP. I don't know why but we just never fool with it. I think I have used it maybe 3 times ever. The thought of having to schedule a ride time with FP+ just rubs me the wrong way. I keep reading about everyone so upset over FP+ and I'm curious, If I never used FP before, is the change really going to effect me? Are the standby lines longer? Are things more chaotic? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to plan to use the FP+ or not. If things are so screwy that I need to use it just to make sure I get to ride something, I will. But if it isn't going to effect me then I'm just going to ignore all the hype and plan for other things. Does this make sense to anyone? :confused3

There is no harm to scheduling them. If you don't use them you can always cancel.

Riiiiiight. It's interesting anyone think it funny to misinform any poster with a reasonable question. A link to the purported sticky would be beneficial, assuming you're not referrring to the excellent but moving FP+ thread by mesaboy.

I'm pretty sure dingleberry was being facetious.

Do you think the people who are ruining this place KNOW they're doing it??

I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt they do not know, but then again, the internet is just mean in general. Perfectly decent human beings turn into horrible people when there is a bit of anonymity. Maybe DisBoards should add thumbs down button on posts. This wouldn't change the order or remove posts, but perhaps they could link to a users "rep" and that way users could view that people are really not enjoying their posts very much.

We are planning a trip in Sept, so have been on the boards a few times. What is up with people being so mean! I know you can have your own opinion, but don't cut down the OP. I am almost scared to ask questions on here any more.These boards have changed a lot since I first joined. People come here to get information, not to be bullied. I guess it all comes down to the old saying, "if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all." BE NICE PEOPLE!!!!!

I agree!!:thumbsup2

Great thread! This place has gone crazy. I used to love hanging out here. Now, I just check in once in awhile for updates.

I've been around for a few years now and I've seen some pretty wild ups and downs, but FP+ has really brought out the worst in people. It's a vacation amenity not a nuclear holocaust. Let's keep the happiest place on earth happy shall we?

Personally I'm going in 10 1/2 weeks and I am excited - hurray!

We don't ever use FP. I don't know why but we just never fool with it. I think I have used it maybe 3 times ever. The thought of having to schedule a ride time with FP+ just rubs me the wrong way. I keep reading about everyone so upset over FP+ and I'm curious, If I never used FP before, is the change really going to effect me? Are the standby lines longer? Are things more chaotic? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to plan to use the FP+ or not. If things are so screwy that I need to use it just to make sure I get to ride something, I will. But if it isn't going to effect me then I'm just going to ignore all the hype and plan for other things. Does this make sense to anyone? :confused3

I am another person who in the whole history of legacy FP pulled one FP total. Ever. I do have an AP, and I don't stand in any line over 20 minutes, and I travel during the less crowded times, and just never felt the need. I didn't like the whole walk to one area to get the FP, then have to just hang out there, or backtrack later to use it. I prefer to do attractions as I go (or not, as the line allows).

I have used FP+ more because it removes the whole backtracking issue. But I'm still not using it every day. In fact, a lot of days I will wake up and either change my mind about the park or not want to rush getting there in time for my FP+ and I'll either change or cancel them (more often cancelling).

I do like the fact that you can often change the time so if you decide to be one of the people who hits one park at rope drop, and use your FP+ in the afternoon at another park, there is some wiggle room. With legacy FP, the time you got was the time you got - period. I also like that you know in advance if you are going to get into one of your "must do" attractions. With Legacy FP, you could get to the park early in the day and still miss out on the most popular attractions if you weren't an Olympic sprinter.

The one day it came in very handy was Christmas Day. I happened to be off work on Christmas last year for the first time in six years, so I decided to spend the day at Epcot. Between the FP+ and my CP lunch & show I managed to avoid the crowds very well that day. In fact, it felt pretty much like a normal day instead of a holiday. I may be one of the few people around here who has been visiting WDW since it opened, and I can tell you I have spent holidays there and not gone through ANY attractions because of the crowds. So for me, FP+ really worked well.

I've had four trips now with FP+, and the system has improved on each trip. I think there is a lot of potential there, and I'm excited to see what the final product will be when all the testing and rollout is completed.

I understand that there is a large group of people that benefitted from legacy FP and won't benefit so much from FP+, and I understand the need to vent. But I agree with the OP, I don't understand the need to attack people when their opinion and yours don't match. Can't we just agree to disagree? :flower3:

I understand that there is a large group of people that benefitted from legacy FP and won't benefit so much from FP+, and I understand the need to vent. But I agree with the OP, I don't understand the need to attack people when their opinion and yours don't match. Can't we just agree to disagree? :flower3:

Thank you for your entire comment, it really helps. I have read many threads on this board for FP+ info and I felt like I was getting bogged down with all the negativity. It's completely understandable that it isn't benefitting people the way the previous system did, so they are angry. I was just afraid to ask how it would effect someone that wasn't used to capitalizing from the Legacy version without being attacked.

I am a park hopper with small children. I don't even make many ADRs because I don't like being tied to a particular park in case we change our minds and want to go somewhere else. I am a big planner but you can only plan so much with two small kids and I'm trying to decide just how restrictive this new FP+ would be for us.

Thanks for everyone's advice...even if it is OT for this thread...it felt like a "safe place" to ask :goodvibes

I use it at times. And.....I've used FP+ on my last two trips, with great success. I was never one to grab 46 FPs for an attraction..okay, a bit of a stretch! Yes, I used to get a FP that had a return time of 11am, and then get another one after my window opened...then return to those attractions, using my FP, whenever I felt like it. Heck, you used to be able to get a FP for TT on a trip in Sept and bring it with you on a trip in Dec and still use it!!! But, things change. I had no issue using the FPs within the prescribed time frames. And I had no issues at all riding the things I wanted to, using FP+ on my last two trips.
With you going at slower times of year, you shouldn't be impacted at all. But, as someone already mentioned, pull FP+ for parades and fireworks shows if you can...those would really be nice with the kids!

I'm not a moderator on this board. I take care of Transportation. And we tend to have a reputation for a certain lack of 'pixie dust'!!!:confused3:thumbsup2 And that's okay with me. We try to give out good, factual (able to be backed up) info so no one gets messed up getting to, from and around, WDW. But, a lot of internet groups are seeing a lot more rudeness...seems to be a case of 'my way or the highway' or 'you first, right after me'. No one can accept that others may have a different experience than they have had...so, out comes the name calling and rudeness. Sure, many will be impacted by the change to FP. But in all reality? I don't think Disney is done with the whole idea. I think they are still tweaking it! Every single survey I have done in the last 3 months has had a ton of questions about FP+, and what I liked, and didn't like, about it. So....sit back and wait.

The really funny thing? When you could no longer hold onto FPs from trip to trip and use them, everyone went nuts. Ohhhhh, my trips will be ruined, ohhhhhh, I won't be able to tour the parks the way we want to. Then, when Disney enforced the return window times...Oh man!! You would have thought it was the end of the world. And now? Same old story. 'We won't be able to tour the way we want', 'we aren't getting our monies worth of experience', or, my personal favorite..'We won't be returning to WDW, we're spending our vacation dollars at US/IoA, where they appreciate our business'

Wait a few months...this will be a distant memory. The one thing that upsets me is that so many have been turned off the boards because of the prevailing attitudes here. So, my suggestion? Ask your questions. Sure, check the stickyed threads....but some are so long it's sometimes hard to find what you're looking for. But, then feel free to come to the board and ask your question in your own thread. If someone has an issue with that, ignore them. There are plenty of helpful, well intentioned people here. They more than make up for the rabble rousers who argue with everyone. I really hope all of you that are hesitant to post on these boards, will reconsider and ask your questions, or give your answers. We need everyone's input. And if you think a posting has gone over the line? Report it. There's a little icon to do that, on that post...over to the bottom left corner. Use it.

Thanks OP for this thread, I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who is sick of the snarky attitudes on this board.

I'm not a fan of FP+, but I'm thrilled that others are. I'm hoping I'll have better experiences eventually as well.

Unfortunately DIS is full of Disney hall monitors lately. :rolleyes2

A agree completely. These boards have really changed over the years. Used to be a much friendlier place. In most cases now, post something, and someone barks back why your wrong, they are right, and wants to know why you don't use search etc.

I think they need a major overhaul in general. Too many sub forums for one thing, and honestly, not enough moderation in a lot of cases. (I realize it is rough to moderate a community this large, but still).

When I first started coming here back in '07, it just seemed a lot friendlier. It still is too some I guess, but that is part of the issue. Too many "clicks" and folks that know each other that close others out. Whether the owners of these boards like it, admit it or not, that is the case here. You can try to get involved, but in most cases are shut out anymore.

If people are looking for flaming and meanness left and right, they will find it. Disagreeing is not flaming or being mean. It is not common at all for people to be "flamed" for asking a simple question, unless that question is "how do I get CMs to believe my 10 year old is 2 so he is free?" There have always been discussions that get heated here. I mean, have you seen the kind of accusations that fly around the old reusing a mug threads? It's certainly not a new concept around here.

IMO this is one of if not the tamest board I've ever visited. I've said it before, but some of you would be absolutely horrified with what gets said in other places. Try a birth board!

The DIS is not wildly different than it was before FP+, the topic is just different. But seriously these lecturing threads seem to be popping up daily already. Maybe they need their own sub forum or sticky ;).

If people are looking for flaming and meanness left and right, they will find it. Disagreeing is not flaming or being mean. It is not common at all for people to be "flamed" for asking a simple question, unless that question is "how do I get CMs to believe my 10 year old is 2 so he is free?" There have always been discussions that get heated here. I mean, have you seen the kind of accusations that fly around the old reusing a mug threads? It's certainly not a new concept around here.

IMO this is one of if not the tamest board I've ever visited. I've said it before, but some of you would be absolutely horrified with what gets said in other places. Try a birth board!

The DIS is not wildly different than it was before FP+, the topic is just different. But seriously these lecturing threads seem to be popping up daily already. Maybe they need their own sub forum or sticky ;).

:thumbsup2 I was going to post maybe we need a complaining about the complaining subforum, but you beat me to it. :lmao:

We are planning a trip in Sept, so have been on the boards a few times. What is up with people being so mean! I know you can have your own opinion, but don't cut down the OP. I am almost scared to ask questions on here any more.These boards have changed a lot since I first joined. People come here to get information, not to be bullied. I guess it all comes down to the old saying, "if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all." BE NICE PEOPLE!!!!!

Well, one of the problems is that it seems EVERY.SINGLE thread somehow turns into a FP thread.

Like this one.

I'm not fond of the practice of reviving zombie threads, but seeing some of them that popped up today convinces me that there hasn't been any significant change to the tone of the board recently like many people seem to believe.

I'm not fond of the practice of reviving zombie threads, but seeing some of them that popped up today convinces me that there hasn't been any significant change to the tone of the board recently like many people seem to believe.
I agree. These forums have always had tumultuous times and this is just another one. During those times you always see threads such as these too.

I don't blame people for being tired of the arguing but I also don't blame people for being upset about FP+. I don't know what the solution is but this too shall pass. Eventually. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter