• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

People who stay at the Hyatt before cruise-I have some questions??

momof2minnies

DIS Veteran
What is the earliest bus to the port from there? Is it right at the ME area in the airport?

Do you know if they take AAA?

TIA
Linda

What is the earliest bus to the port from there? Is it right at the ME area in the airport?

Do you know if they take AAA?

TIA
Linda

The Hyatt usually does have AAA rates but check the website and see which are currently available for your dates.

When we stayed at the Hyatt in 2009 we were on the first bus from the HYATT itself (not the ME are) at 9:30 am. There are buses that leave from the Hyatt if you are staying there on DCL transfers and there are buses that leave the airport Magical Express area...those buses usually start at 9:30 as well.

The bus from the Hyatt left right from in front of the Hyatt. We were taken down the ground level in a group and boarded the bus. We had to check in for the Hyatt bus in a meeting room off the lobby of the Hyatt. Just tell them at the check in desk you are on DCL transfers and they will give you a letter with all the info you need.

MJ

I stayed there in 09 also and will be staying there next month. They do have a check in in the lobby but I was not aware of that and I just went down to ME and checked in. We also had a 930am bus(got on it at ME), got to port about 1030.

I stayed there in 09 also and will be staying there next month. They do have a check in in the lobby but I was not aware of that and I just went down to ME and checked in. We also had a 930am bus(got on it at ME), got to port about 1030.

And after reading reports on here, it seems that you can check in for your cruise (not just the bus) at the ME area check in...and receive your boarding number and KTTW card. I do not think you can do that at the Hyatt...at the Hyatt I think you can just check in for DCL bus only.

MJ

And after reading reports on here, it seems that you can check in for your cruise (not just the bus) at the ME area check in...and receive your boarding number and KTTW card. I do not think you can do that at the Hyatt...at the Hyatt I think you can just check in for DCL bus only.

MJ

I also think I remember reading somewhere, where everyone now needed to go down to the ME area to get the buses. (You can call the Hyattr to confirm) However I believe you can still leave your bages in your room and DCL will pick them up and make sure they make the ship with you. It is very nice not needing to lug around alot of heavy bags!!!

I also think I remember reading somewhere, where everyone now needed to go down to the ME area to get the buses. (You can call the Hyattr to confirm) However I believe you can still leave your bages in your room and DCL will pick them up and make sure they make the ship with you. It is very nice not needing to lug around alot of heavy bags!!!

We have DCL transfers, but booked the Hyatt on our own. Does that change anything? For example:
Do we need to let Hyatt know beforehand that we're going on the cruise and have transfers, or just tell them when we check in?
Will they still take our luggage for us?

We have DCL transfers, but booked the Hyatt on our own. Does that change anything? For example:
Do we need to let Hyatt know beforehand that we're going on the cruise and have transfers, or just tell them when we check in?
Will they still take our luggage for us?

We have always just let them know when we checked in. They will give you the info on the bags and thew current check-in with DCL. Have always had the bags picked uop in the room.

If you check in at the ME area, where do you go once you arrive at the port? What time would you recommend taking the shuttle avoid? crowds. Closer to 9?10?11? Thanks.

We were on the 2/26 Magic and stayed at the Hyatt the night before. We let them know upon checking into the hotel that we had DCL transfers. They put us on a "list" for luggage pickup and gave us a letter with information on check-in and transfer.

We put the DCL tags on our luggage and left them in our room. We headed down to the DCL desk (by DME) and checked in there. They took our security photos, took our signed contracts and gave us our KTTW cards right there. We were assigned a bus by character (we had Tigger) and our bus left around 9:45 from the DME area. We were the second bus out.

When we got to the port we went through security and found a place on the couches to watch tv & wait. We explored the ship's model a bit and soon Mickey & Goofy came out for pics.

This was our first time cruising with DCL and it was much easier and more convenient than the other line we cruised with. :thumbsup2

The trip was about an hour, once everyone got on board and was situated. We arrived around 11 and waited for about an hour.

When we checked in at the airport, we were given a number (we were in #5). That was our boarding group. They called group #1 around noon and we were called probably by 12:15. It went pretty quickly.

If you check in at the ME area, where do you go once you arrive at the port? What time would you recommend taking the shuttle avoid? crowds. Closer to 9?10?11? Thanks.

If you are given your KTTW card and your boarding pass when you check in at the airport you will just need to wait at the port until they call your number to board. If you did not get your KTTW card you will need to do that once at the port. I would try to arrive between 10 and 11:30.

However, remember that although they begin boarding between 11:30 and Noon; NONE of the rooms are ready until 1:30 so you will have your carry on with until at least then. (I would guess that those that book suites are ready sooner)

I enjoy my time people watching and waiting but I am not traveling with kids of any age. So what may work best for you may be something completely different.

We booked the Hyatt on our own & had DCL transfers. We told the front desk & they gave us a piece of paper to fill out. Left our bags in the room, and they made it to our cabins all 9 pieces! We checked in down at Magical Express in the airport and received our KTTW cards & a boarding assignment.

Also, Hyatt has a travelers rate for a 1/2 day use of the hotel room. We find it great to use since our return flight isn't until late afternoon. We can hang out & shower, sleep or watch TV. Worth the money to us. Also, great sushi at the hotel restaurant. We loved it!

Our experience in Feb 2010 was like those above (which was different than our Hyatt experience in 2008)...

Checked-in after getting our luggage from baggage claim (DO NOT put your DCL tags on until after you get your luggage from baggage claim at MCO) around 8pm. There was a sign telling you to let the front desk know if you are a DCL passenger. We got a detailed sheet telling us exactly what to do the next morning.

Around 8am Saturday morning we closed up our suitcases, put our DCL tags on each of them, left the suitcases in our rooms and went to breakfast at McDonalds in the concourse (close to the Hyatt). We carried our carry on bags with us, of course. After breakfast we checked back in the rooms to make sure the bags were gone and they were!

So we checked out of the Hyatt and walked down to the Magical Express area on the lower level. I presented all of our completed paperwork and passports at the desk there and we were given our lanyards, our KTTW cards, our ship boarding number, and our bus assignment. The entire check-in process took about 5-10 minutes. Then we waited about 20 minutes (there are a plethora of comfortable chairs/sofas to wait on) until our bus assignment was called. Fabulously quick and easy! The ride to the port was about an hour with a fun DCL movie to get everyone super excited (like we needed something to help with that!).

Once we were off the bus, we went through port security, up the escalator, into a short line to have our photos taken (to be connected with our KTTW cards) and then we waited until our number (#4) was called.
Oh, we also waited in line to get our DSs registered for the Clubs. Since I had done all of the paperwork online, I thought this would go quickly but the line was CRAZY long! Thankfully the boys camped out in front of the one of the TVs with Grandma & Grandpa. On our next cruise I think I'll wait until we are on the ship to check them in because it was so crowded in that line and then once we got close to the front I had to jump out of line to get the kids so they could get their wrist bands - which really irritated some people (the jumping out of line). So next time I'll just wait until we get on board.
Hope this helps... Have fun!

Our experience in Feb 2010 was like those above (which was different than our Hyatt experience in 2008)...

Checked-in after getting our luggage from baggage claim (DO NOT put your DCL tags on until after you get your luggage from baggage claim at MCO) around 8pm. There was a sign telling you to let the front desk know if you are a DCL passenger. We got a detailed sheet telling us exactly what to do the next morning.

Around 8am Saturday morning we closed up our suitcases, put our DCL tags on each of them, left the suitcases in our rooms and went to breakfast at McDonalds in the concourse (close to the Hyatt). We carried our carry on bags with us, of course. After breakfast we checked back in the rooms to make sure the bags were gone and they were!

So we checked out of the Hyatt and walked down to the Magical Express area on the lower level. I presented all of our completed paperwork and passports at the desk there and we were given our lanyards, our KTTW cards, our ship boarding number, and our bus assignment. The entire check-in process took about 5-10 minutes. Then we waited about 20 minutes (there are a plethora of comfortable chairs/sofas to wait on) until our bus assignment was called. Fabulously quick and easy! The ride to the port was about an hour with a fun DCL movie to get everyone super excited (like we needed something to help with that!).

Once we were off the bus, we went through port security, up the escalator, into a short line to have our photos taken (to be connected with our KTTW cards) and then we waited until our number (#4) was called.
Oh, we also waited in line to get our DSs registered for the Clubs. Since I had done all of the paperwork online, I thought this would go quickly but the line was CRAZY long! Thankfully the boys camped out in front of the one of the TVs with Grandma & Grandpa. On our next cruise I think I'll wait until we are on the ship to check them in because it was so crowded in that line and then once we got close to the front I had to jump out of line to get the kids so they could get their wrist bands - which really irritated some people (the jumping out of line). So next time I'll just wait until we get on board.
Hope this helps... Have fun!

What time did you check in at the ME area? Do you know the earliest time you can check in there/when they "open"?
Thanks!

We booked the Hyatt on our own & had DCL transfers. We told the front desk & they gave us a piece of paper to fill out. Left our bags in the room, and they made it to our cabins all 9 pieces!

We also did this for our cruise a couple weeks ago, and one thing to note is this: if you leave your bags in your hotel room and have them transferred straight to the ship for you, it may take quite a while to have them all delivered to your room on the ship. Our first two suitcases didn't show up at our stateroom until about 6 pm, and the other two didn't show up until after dinner. So be sure to have anything you need with you in your carry on.

I have a really stupid question, sorry.
Where do you get the DCL luggage tags from? Does DCL mail them to you? We are travelling on DVC points, does that make a difference?

TIA

I have a really stupid question, sorry.
Where do you get the DCL luggage tags from? Does DCL mail them to you? We are travelling on DVC points, does that make a difference?

TIA

Once you are booked (whether on DVC points or cash through DVC) your booking is just a normal travel agent booking to the cruise line. You can access your reservation through the Cruise line website, book shore excursions, do online checkin, and you will receive your cruise line docs, including luggage tags, just like a customer who booked on the DCL site or by phone with DCL. The only thing you cannot do on the web site is make changes to your booking, since DVC is acting as your travel agent, you would need to make changes through them.

We did this last month. We weren't in a hurry to get to the port, so we went to the hotel restaurant and had a wonderful breakfast. When we got back to our room or luggage was still there, so we called to confirm that they would pick it up. They showed up at the door while DH was on the phone. We checked in at the ME area, got our KTTW, and got boarding #8. We were eating lunch in Enchanted Garden by 1 PM.

Beth

Another question...it sounds like several of you stayed at the Hyatt, had your bags picked up at the Hyatt, registered/completed on board checkin at ME and then boarded the Disney bus at the ME area. When we did this back in Oct 09, we did all of this except we boarded the bus at the Hyatt after checking in at their Disney transportation deck. Another difference is back then, I registered my entire family while they ate breakfast and they didn't have the option of getting your photos taken at the airport. That sounds like an improvement so everything except kids club checkin is done before you leave MCO. My question, can you not board the buses at they Hyatt any longer? Is there a benefit of boarding at either ME or Hyatt? Does it matter that Hyatt picks up your luggage, but you get on at ME?
Thanks in advance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter