• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

People who go to Disneyworld too much are weird??

My friends at school think it's weird that I always want to go, especially since we live here and we've all 'grown up with it'. They think Disney stinks and that I'm weird for prefering it over Universal. I just wish I could find a friend who didn't mind going often. Some of my friends will go with me, but one of my friends thought going 6 months after the last time we went (which was a 1 DAY thing) was too soon.. strange people.

I can't get my parents to go with me since they have worked with Disney since they've moved down here and they're tired of the parks by now. :(

This is already bumped...so I am not really feeding the trolls...

But has anyone else noticed that this is a troll thread?

Dsnylvr8...aren't you the same person that started the obesity thread the other day?

Almost every post from this user name has been inflammatory and I suspect it was posted just to get people riled up.

You might need to actually read this thread before posting. Everyone is 'riled up' at the OP's co worker. Most Disney people can sympathize w/ this type of comments being made at them, there is nothing 'troll-y' in any of the OP's posts (this time and yet).

WE go every year because for the money we get the most fun ...we have a family of 5 so wdw is pretty cheap compared to some places...we can get resort,tixs,meal plan ect.. for 1000.00 for 8 days.

That's better than any deal I've come across.
:worship::worship::worship:

Its funny I was walking hand in hand with my 8 yr old little sister who I am taking to Disney in just over a month, and she looks up and says, You know, you have the mind of a child with the body of a grown up... and I replied, yeah so, thats a good thing! She continued to tell me that shes not sure how grown ups can live in a fantasy world like I do....

I wanted to say... 1. you haven't been yet, so just wait, and 2. watch it kid, I'm planning on taking you again in November :rotfl:

My Mom used to say "Your going to Disney Again"
She had never been and had no desire to go....That is , until we took her a few years ago...Now my 68 year old DM is creepier than I am! Too Funny! :rotfl2:

A Co-worker commented today that she thinks its "weird and creepy" that my family goes to Disney often (once a year every year) and that other people think so too. She said its childish for an adult to like Disney so much. What do you all think? Is she just mean, or is it really weird??

If someone told me that, I'd have to respond that, fortunately for me, I don't value their opinion.

Its funny I was walking hand in hand with my 8 yr old little sister who I am taking to Disney in just over a month, and she looks up and says, You know, you have the mind of a child with the body of a grown up... and I replied, yeah so, thats a good thing! She continued to tell me that shes not sure how grown ups can live in a fantasy world like I do....

I wanted to say... 1. you haven't been yet, so just wait, and 2. watch it kid, I'm planning on taking you again in November :rotfl:

I love that!!!:rotfl:

You are not creepy or weird...my husband and I are 26 and we are headed to Disney in just 10 days and we are already planning our next trip for September of this year. Twice in one year!!! Your co-worker sound like a troll.

My name is Angela and I'm a Disneyholic!!! And darned proud of it!!!

It used to bother me when people would say "You're going to Disney AGAIN?!" but now I don't care. And some part of me is glad that they don't get it - more fun for me!!! :rotfl:

I was starting to question whether or not I was spending too much time (and money :rotfl:) at WDW. My two DSs (ages 21 & 16) and I were there this past Christmas. It was cold and rainy and I got sick. I was really starting to question whether or not I wanted to come back next Christmas. All that changed one night after dinner.

We had dinner ressies for Sci Fi @ DHS after park closing. We got out of dinner around 10pm and heard music. We followed the music and found ourselves in a nearly empty Streets of America!! We stood there and watched the Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing Lights and listened to the Christmas music!! It was glorious!!

All of a sudden, I started dancing around (picture this - a pooh sized 41 year old woman dancing around and acting like a 5 year old :lmao:) I couldn't help it - I was overcome with joy. I looked over at my two DSs fearing that they would be dying from embarassment. To my amazement, they had started dancing with me. We hopped and skipped and danced and laughed all over the Streets of America. There is no where else on earth that could happen!!

It was the most wonderful, magical moment I have ever had!!! And I can't wait to go back this year and do it all over again.

You know that is a very accurate statement. I have been 4-5 times in my life, most recently Christmas/NYE 2009. My now fiance, who is older than me, last went when they first opened Epcot and for only a day trip while visiting a friend in Orlando. She did not understand the appeal of the parks/Disney, etc, until spending about a half of day there, and this was the day after Christmas (so imagine the crowds). She looked at me, and said she understood it completely now, why someone feels the way about Disney, regards of the age.
I had an experience like that too...my Dad was always wondering why my sister and I like to go so much..I took him in 2008 and he loved it-wants to go back.:lmao:

It was nice, because I found out things about my Dad that I never knew..the chief one being that he loves thrill rides! My 63 year old Dad rode BTMRR, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and EE(3 times). He wanted to do RnRC and ToT also, but I nixed that(he had an MI in his 40's).We did MNSSHP and he dressed up like a pirate..it was so cute, there was this little boy staring at him like crazy on the monorail over to MK. :rotfl2:I wouldn't have thought that he'd be willing to dress up, but he did. :thumbsup2 Normally, my Dad is someone who can be very straight-laced but he played along with the characters at CP.

I have awesome memories from WDW that will last me a lifetime..how can someone not love someplace like that?:confused3

Something, more specifically, someone being "weird" is one of the most subjective description a person can create. What is "weird"? I don't enjoy cottage cheese so I think people that eat it are weird. We're all weird. Just because we enjoy the heck of out of WDW and the WD brand as a whole doesn't mean anything. WD creates fans of every different shape, size, ethncitiy, social background etc. I'm a 26 year old lawyer from NY and I love Disney. I'm sure there's a 49 year old truck driver on here who loves Disney too. I guess we're all weird together.

She's just insanely jealous and needs to get a life. From one newly minted (as of 08) creepy & weird one to another! :)

first I love these boards you guys make me feel like I am not crazy.
I hear the same thing from coworkers and family but I can come on here and you make me feel normal so thank you dosboards you are my second family. BTW we are planning a Christmas trip first time with lour twins yeah us :thumbsup2

A Co-worker commented today that she thinks its "weird and creepy" that my family goes to Disney often (once a year every year) and that other people think so too. She said its childish for an adult to like Disney so much. What do you all think? Is she just mean, or is it really weird??

I can only imagine what she would think of me if she knew how many times per year that I go.

Another creepy and weird person here and very proud of it. There are about 35 of us here in this family and we love it. I know how you feel. Many people have made not nice comments to me too, but I always think that they just don't get it.

She sounds jealous and mean too. If she really feels that way she should just keep her thoughts to herself. I went to Disney last year for the first time at 42 years old. It was the most magical, perfect family vaction and I fell head over heels in love with everything. I kept saying to my husband and boys "It's just like a dream and one I don't want to wake up from."

For all of us that love the magic of Disney I say go and enjoy it. It'a beautiful place and I, for one, can't wait to go back again!

Susan

The thing about Disney is you either get it or you don't. I'd say a large majority of the people who make comments like that have never even been so they don't know what they are talking about or they're jealous. I go to WDW 3-4 times a year and am an AP holder. People constantly ask me what I like about it, why I go so much, and my favorite..."Don't you ever get tired of it?"
I don't know how you could ever get tired of magic, especially when it's always changing and expanding. I'd say the people who don't go to Disney are weird ;)

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't think once a year, every year is excessive. We try to do a family trip every other year or so and there are those in our family that thinks we are going to Disney "all the time", which isn't true.

The way I look at it, vacation is a time to relax and do what makes you happy. When I'm at Disney, I'm in my comfort zone, so its always a good vacation.

Now I'm going to go a bit against what I just said. I think there are those that have blinders on and won't go anywhere except Disney. Especially with kids, I think its important to expose them to other places as well, which is why we only go every other year or so.

My name is Angela and I'm a Disneyholic!!! And darned proud of it!!!

It used to bother me when people would say "You're going to Disney AGAIN?!" but now I don't care. And some part of me is glad that they don't get it - more fun for me!!! :rotfl:

I was starting to question whether or not I was spending too much time (and money :rotfl:) at WDW. My two DSs (ages 21 & 16) and I were there this past Christmas. It was cold and rainy and I got sick. I was really starting to question whether or not I wanted to come back next Christmas. All that changed one night after dinner.

We had dinner ressies for Sci Fi @ DHS after park closing. We got out of dinner around 10pm and heard music. We followed the music and found ourselves in a nearly empty Streets of America!! We stood there and watched the Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing Lights and listened to the Christmas music!! It was glorious!!

All of a sudden, I started dancing around (picture this - a pooh sized 41 year old woman dancing around and acting like a 5 year old :lmao:) I couldn't help it - I was overcome with joy. I looked over at my two DSs fearing that they would be dying from embarassment. To my amazement, they had started dancing with me. We hopped and skipped and danced and laughed all over the Streets of America. There is no where else on earth that could happen!!

It was the most wonderful, magical moment I have ever had!!! And I can't wait to go back this year and do it all over again.

That's awesome!:thumbsup2

if you go to disney & think its boring you must have no soul ,lol

I am going for the second time in april. we went once in 1997 & I would have stayed forever if I could. It is the only "vacation" I have ever been on ( apart from trips to france to visit a friend which I would class more as torture ,lol)

I am not even into all the cutesy characters etc but I loved the waterparks & all the rides. swimming in the hotel pool in the dark, being able to just hop on a bus & go somewhere fun. My dad liked all the sciency stuff in epcot, I liked MGM & typhoon lagoon.

my aunt does not do rollercoasters or swimming but she has still been to disney about 10 times, she grew up in the 40's so the disney characters mean a lot to her.

There is something for every taste. if someone cant find even 1 single thing to keep them amused they are the weird ones ,lol

This time I am going with my older sister & her boyfriend. she has the attention span of a gnat & if she gets bored she makes sure everyone knows.

I dont know how even she could be bored there , but if she does i'll leave her boyfriend to deal with her & i'll have fun on my own :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter