• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

People who go to Disneyworld too much are weird??

Hi! :wave2: I'm weird and creepy too! hehe

Actually I just got this yesterday.... "You going to Disney AGAIN?!!?" (Going my 8th time in May) I'm an AP holder, and been trying to go atleast twice a year. Sorry, if i find such great deals on resort rooms, and flights is why i can go again and again... Sorry i have so much fun when i go... Sorry that you just don't get it!!

Actually most of these folks that tell me this, as others have said, they just don't "Get it!", either they have never been, or have been at the busiest time of the year and didnt have fun because they didnt plan accordingly.

They just don't get the "MAGIC", i'm glad we do!! :)

I get this all the time!!! In March, it will be our 20th visit to Orlando. People almost fall over when I tell them I am addicted to Disney. I love our vacations. You have all the elements for a great vacation...Sun, entertainment, relaxation, great food choices plus meeting people all over this world. It sometimes bother me but than I realize I am so fortunate that our family can still go and the memories that we have of all our trips is truly priceless.
Hopefully one day we will be able to retire in Orlando during the winter months and I will be able to fulfill my dream and work at Disney!!:cool1:

Creepy Family over here.

I love how My Wife and Myself completey settle into the disney experience. Once we are on property, nothing else seems to matter. Add to that the experience of watching your kids in that enviroment, it's more wonderful than anything else we've done.

And for the record, we were avid Club Med goers...Avid wine country explorers, Scandanaivian Adventurers...You name it, we've traveled there (Except for the middle east...I did that...the wife didn't)

I can safely say that disney does a first class job attending to all of your needs with an attention to detail that is unmatched.

So when my aquantences start in on me about the multiple trips to disney...I can laugh with them and say "You go do it the right way...then we can talk"

(Btw, Most people who hate disney are the ones who did ZERO planning...and were completely overwelmed at all the things they missed)

Hello, my name is Cyndi and I guess I am weird...My DD and I go to Disney every few months we love it. where can you go that it is safe, clean, friendly, within the US, and since we are DVC Owners inexpensive.....Ill stay weird to because I love Disney

And you guys think your weird. I WORK here, what would that make me?? LOL

My thoughts....WHO CARES!!! If being an adult means not loving Disney World, then I'm never growing up!

Well call me creepy and weird right along with my fellow Disers. While there are tons of places I could choose to spend time with my family there is no other place I can think of where I can do it with such style like Disney World.

For 2weeks my husband and I leave the cares of our jobs behind and my 11yr tweeny daughter forgets to look around to make sure her friends don't see her acting uncool with her 4yr old sister and *gasp* her parents. Not to mention I relive my childhood in the very place I spent many of my childhood years in and I'm doing it with my kids to beat the ban.

T.

Hello, my name is Dan and I am a Disney Addict. :thumbsup2

My family is from Orlando and I was born there way too many years ago. :) My mother cannot remember our first trip to WDW aka MK but it was in 71 or 72. We went back at least once or twice a year until I was 14 or 15 but they were always day trips since the family lived in Orlando.

The wifey and I went to WDW on our honeymoon and the year after. We then had kids. We waited until the kids were old enough to get around WDW on their own and we finally got back to The World. The first trip was VERY magical as had every trip since. My dad, the WDW Hater even shows up to be with the grand kids. :scared1::laughing: I think he understands why we go but he still does not like the crowds. :)

Part of going to WDW is for the fun. Part is to have the memories. Memories of us as a family and with the grand parents. Those memories are priceless.

The other reason to go to WDW is that it is a home base. All of the places I have lived or my family has lived are really nothing but memories now. I can't go back. Sure I can drive by and look at the house or look at it with Google Maps Street View, :banana: BTDT, but I can't stay there anymore. I cannot stay and visit.

BUT, I can return to WDW. WDW is the same but changed. Like me. I can remember walking down Mainstreet as a kid. I can look, well glare, at the stupid store that used to be the Arcade at MK. :lmao: The Arcade where my cousin and I would wait for my mom and aunt to show up for our meeting time to give us a bit more cash, and more importantly, E Tickets, so we could go hit the rides again! :yay: As soon as we checked in off we went scrambling through the park, DISBoarders would say going Commando, while my mom and aunt mosied around. :rotfl: I can remember riding Space Mountain three times in a row, walk off, walk right back on, because the huge holiday crowd had left because of some rain. :banana: The memories of running through the tunnels on Tom Sawyer Island as a kid return to me as I lead my kids through the tunnels. My same old foot path my kids are now taking.

The gift we have given the kids is that when they are adults they will be taking THEIR kids to WDW. They will have the memories of walking around the four parks with their parents and grandparents. They will remember their first rides on Dumbo, HH, SM, TSI, etc, while waiting in line for their kids first rides. Our kids don't know about this gift. It will take them a couple of decades to see and unwrap the gift. :thumbsup2

My parents by then will certainly have passed on to the great ride in the sky, I sure hope it is not It is a Small World, and I hope I am still around to go to the parks with my grandkids. I already have the gray hair but by then I might need a walker or scooter. In any case they will have to CATCH ME when the rope drops! :rotfl::banana::worship:

I will be fast walking with my walker to Space Mountain before the lines get long! :cool1::lmao:

If people don't understand WHY we got to WDW that is their issue. Not mine. :laughing:

Later,
Dan

A proud creepy and weird Disney lover here! I do wish I could go more often, but the lack of money is an issue.

Count me as doubly creepy and weird!! We have not only taken 4 family Disney trips, we have also taken the same "out west" trip 5 times (South Dakota, Yellowstone, Glacier NP and then back to Wisconsin). Every time I tell people we are going to Yellowstone or to Disney World for vacation I hear, "Again??!!??" We have gone other places, but these are my family's 2 favorite places (the kids cry on the way out of Disney, I cry on the way out of Yellowstone....ok, I cry going out of Disney, also). They are 2 totally different types of vacations and both are fun in different ways. And truthfully, the Disney vacations are cheaper than any of the other trips we take.

Me and my family must fall under the category of weird then too cause we love Disney...we go all the time and everytime we get there, there is something new to do...we have taken so many people with us to, some who may have thought the same as your co-worker, but they changed their mind as soon as they got there so maybe your co-worker should plan a trip there if she has not been there yet before they judge......she just might be surprised.....

This is already bumped...so I am not really feeding the trolls...

But has anyone else noticed that this is a troll thread?

Dsnylvr8...aren't you the same person that started the obesity thread the other day?

Almost every post from this user name has been inflammatory and I suspect it was posted just to get people riled up.

Hello, my name is Dan and I am a Disney Addict. :thumbsup2

My family is from Orlando and I was born there way too many years ago. :) My mother cannot remember our first trip to WDW aka MK but it was in 71 or 72. We went back at least once or twice a year until I was 14 or 15 but they were always day trips since the family lived in Orlando.

The wifey and I went to WDW on our honeymoon and the year after. We then had kids. We waited until the kids were old enough to get around WDW on their own and we finally got back to The World. The first trip was VERY magical as had every trip since. My dad, the WDW Hater even shows up to be with the grand kids. :scared1::laughing: I think he understands why we go but he still does not like the crowds. :)

Part of going to WDW is for the fun. Part is to have the memories. Memories of us as a family and with the grand parents. Those memories are priceless.

The other reason to go to WDW is that it is a home base. All of the places I have lived or my family has lived are really nothing but memories now. I can't go back. Sure I can drive by and look at the house or look at it with Google Maps Street View, :banana: BTDT, but I can't stay there anymore. I cannot stay and visit.

BUT, I can return to WDW. WDW is the same but changed. Like me. I can remember walking down Mainstreet as a kid. I can look, well glare, at the stupid store that used to be the Arcade at MK. :lmao: The Arcade where my cousin and I would wait for my mom and aunt to show up for our meeting time to give us a bit more cash, and more importantly, E Tickets, so we could go hit the rides again! :yay: As soon as we checked in off we went scrambling through the park, DISBoarders would say going Commando, while my mom and aunt mosied around. :rotfl: I can remember riding Space Mountain three times in a row, walk off, walk right back on, because the huge holiday crowd had left because of some rain. :banana: The memories of running through the tunnels on Tom Sawyer Island as a kid return to me as I lead my kids through the tunnels. My same old foot path my kids are now taking.

The gift we have given the kids is that when they are adults they will be taking THEIR kids to WDW. They will have the memories of walking around the four parks with their parents and grandparents. They will remember their first rides on Dumbo, HH, SM, TSI, etc, while waiting in line for their kids first rides. Our kids don't know about this gift. It will take them a couple of decades to see and unwrap the gift. :thumbsup2

My parents by then will certainly have passed on to the great ride in the sky, I sure hope it is not It is a Small World, and I hope I am still around to go to the parks with my grandkids. I already have the gray hair but by then I might need a walker or scooter. In any case they will have to CATCH ME when the rope drops! :rotfl::banana::worship:

I will be fast walking with my walker to Space Mountain before the lines get long! :cool1::lmao:

If people don't understand WHY we got to WDW that is their issue. Not mine. :laughing:

Later,
Dan

SO True and SO nicely put!!!:thumbsup2

A Co-worker commented today that she thinks its "weird and creepy" that my family goes to Disney often (once a year every year) and that other people think so too. She said its childish for an adult to like Disney so much. What do you all think? Is she just mean, or is it really weird??

People who make such comments are incredibly rude and need to be put in their place. Try responding with something like "When you start paying for my vacations, maybe I'll start giving a damn about your opinion." Maybe she'll realize she was out of line with her comments.

I joined this board while researching my recent October trip to WDW. I only go once every 3 to 4 years. That's plenty for me. But I still enjoy reading about everyone's experiences. Like many have said, going to WDW every year is no different than people going to the same beach, lake, or mountain retreat over and over again.

Jim

We began our fascination with Disney in 2002. I really didn't know what we were getting into. We took our almost 3 YO DD and our 7 month old DD to Disneyland. It was a first for all of us (aside from a one day stop at WDW on a family vacation in 1973...I have very little recollection of that experience).

We LOVED it. We can always go to an amusement park, but Disney was so much more. The characters, the parades, the themes...it was magical. We went again in 2005 (the longest gap), and it was then that we knew we were hooked. We took a break in 2007 for a destination wedding in Vegas (and even then I priced out flying into LA and driving to Vegas for the wedding).

Right now we view our vacation options as:
a. Disneyland
b. WDW
c. Some other place where we will all be wishing that we were at Disneyland or WDW

I'm open to venturing out, but there's still plenty that we haven't experienced. I wouldn't be swayed by what other people think. I don't waste three hours a week chasing a white ball around a golf course, I don't own season tickets to some local sports team, I don't walk out on ice to try to catch fish, I don't spend a week in a tent with no shower for a chance at shooting a deer. I also have no criticism of people that do those things...they have their escapes, Disney is mine.

Count us (all 4) among the weird and creepy too!! We're double creepy because we went twice last year!! :lmao:

I'm taking a guess here and thinking that you are a woman. I didn't look anything up, but, I just wanted to say that if you think people look at you as being weird, try being a 62 year old male, that travels to WDW alone 90% of the time.

I'm a 64-year-old woman and also travel alone most of the time. My kids totally understand my obsession, and nobody else's opinion matters one bit to me. My son's MIL thinks it's weird, but she only commented on it once. She said she couldn't imagine why anyone would want to go someplace like that alone. I told her that after going by myself, I had a hard time imagining taking anyone else again :rotfl2:

I'm sure things do change, but I don't think enough changes to skip out on the rest of the world. :confused3 It's fine to take your children to the French pavillon in Worl Showcase, but why not take them to France for real? Show them the great parts of our country?

Why not France? That's easy -- absolutely no interest.

Great parts of our country? We've seen what we're interested in and still do that, too.

I also love the beach and the mountains--so do my kids and grandkids, and we do that, too.

I go to Disney because I love Disney :goodvibes

Funny story about Epcot. My SIL is a huge soccer fan, and his favorite team is FC Arsenal. My DD said he'd love to have an Arsenal beer mug for Christmas, so I ordered one from the UK. I told my daughter that I hoped it would get here in time. She said, "Mom, you're going to Disney two weeks before Christmas. I thought you might pick one up at Epcot." It never even crossed my mind. :lmao:

I have a really funny story along these same lines. I have a 4 yo and 6 yo, and we do take annual, and sometime more, trips to WDW right now. The conversation went like this:

Guy: How do you take trips to Disney ever year?

Me: Oh, we love it! It's such a fun, relaxing vacation. Everyone has a great time.

Guy: But don't you want to see other things, don't you get bored of Disney?

Me: We don't get bored of Disney, there is always something that we haven't done or seen. And it's just such an easy trip. But yes I do want to see other things. We will go to Hawaii when the boys are older. And I have a 3 week RV tour of the National Parks out West planned for when they are 10 and 12. I want to go to Williamsburg with them, and of course Washington DC. Chicago is on my list too. But I want to wait until they are old enough to enjoy them.

Guy: Don't give me that crap about them not remembering. My family took me in a car across country and those are some of my best memories.

Me: Oh, I know that they would remember them right now, they would not enjoy them right now. A trip to DC this year would not be vacation, it would be work. The kids would be whiney and bored. They would not appreciate the history. There is no way we could spent all day in the Smithsonian. And I want to spend days there. Nope it would just be too much work to take the boys anywhere else right now.

Guy: Well vacations are not for you, they are for your children. You need to enrich their lives. You can vacation for yourself when your kids are grown.

Me: I won't need a vacation when my kids are grown. Right now when they are little is when I am having to work so hard to stay sane. I do need a vacation that I can actually enjoy myself on!

Guy: Well you are just being selfish!

Me: OK. ~ Look, are those hamburgers ready?

Really? Really? I am being selfish by taking my kids to Disney every year?? And waiting to take other vacations until EVERYONE can have a good time is selfish?

BTW - the hamburgers were really good ;)

I don't think it's creepy, but I honestly don't understand why people go every year. There is so much in the world to see, why spend every vacation in the same place? My parents spent every summer going to the beach and I swore when I had DD that we wouldn't do that. So, we're not! :)

Sorry she hurt your feelings. She could have certainly used better wording or just kept her mouth shut! :confused3

WE go every year because for the money we get the most fun ...we have a family of 5 so wdw is pretty cheap compared to some places...we can get resort,tixs,meal plan ect.. for 1000.00 for 8 days. We always do new things not just the parks and the kids LOVE it.We do not fly so it is not a long drive for us (4 hours) ....now when the kids get older we may drive farther but not know.I did take them places before we stopped flying like honolulu ,pigion forge ,new york and canada so they have been to a few other places but for now this is what we can afford.
We live in Florida so we do have beaches like Destin and Panama city near by.It does cost MORE for us to go to destin and rent a condo for a week and after a day or two the kids are restless and wont go near the beach anymore.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter