• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

People must tell you all the time you look like....

java

<font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B
So I'm shopping yesterday and a cashier said that to me. No sooner do the words "if it's not a compliment" get out of my mouth, she says "that Mom from the Goldbergs":rotfl2:

I found this hilarious because my kids say that I am that Mom all the time.

So who do you look like?

Last year at our work Christmas party, one of my co-worker's brought their granddaughter.

Now mind you, I work in peds, this little girl has been my patient ever since she was born. So she has seen me for all check-ups, sick visits. I have measured her, vaccinated her, etc.

Imagine my surprise when the next work day my co-worker tells me that her granddaughter was sooooo excited that she got to meet Ellen DeGeneres.

So there you have it, I guess I look like Ellen :thumbsup2

My dh is the "famous" one.
Last year we were at a wedding reception talking to a bridesmaid when her boy friend joined us. He was almost speechless with a big grin on his face. He finally stammered "Are you the travel show host?". Turns out he thought dh was Rick Steves.
Friends doing research for a Europe trip recently commented on the resemblance!

The mom from the Gilmore Girls, Lauren Graham, and the oldest mom from Big Love, Jeanne Tripplehorn. I don't particularly think I look like either of them, and I'm certainly not as tall as either of them. Oddly enough, they don't even resemble each other.

I am one of those people that every new person I meet tells me they think they know me from somewhere or they know someone who looks just like me. I must have a lot of doppelgangers out there.

Usually people say I look like someone they went to school with. One time a cashier at Papa John's told me I looked like Kadeem Hardison (he played Dwayne Wayne off of A Different World). lol

Jennifer Grey..."before the nose job" :sad2:

(I know most people think she was prettier before it, but do they have to point out that I have a big honkin' nose?)

Several people have told me that I remind them of the girl who played Chloe O'Brien on 24. It must be similar mannerisms because I don't think I look like her at all.

The only one I get is that I look just like my sister...

Which is true. She is 10 years older then me but adjusting for that I have slightly less curly hair and that is about it.

My dad, but he's not famous :)

My dad & grandpa took a picture of themselves below Edinburgh Castle. We have one of my dad & me from many years later. It's amazing how similar they are. Looks like the same 2 people in both pics :)

I get the tennis player, Steffi Graf a lot. My family is very strong german heritage and I unfortunately inherited a "strong" nose, so that is probably why. My twin brother gets told all the time that he looks like Prince William.

My dad, but he's not famous :)

My dad & grandpa took a picture of themselves below Edinburgh Castle. We have one of my dad & me from many years later. It's amazing how similar they are. Looks like the same 2 people in both pics :)

DH looks exactly like his grandpa. We have a photo of grandpa in his 20's and if you don't look at the slicked back hair it is the same face. As for celebrities, DH most resembles Conan O'Brien and I most resemble Mayim Bialik...I used to be told that more in my teen years when she was Blossom (loved that show), nobody tells me it now.

Funny story, I was in college and my parents picked me up and took me out to dinner. This waiter couldn't stop staring at me, and finally he came up to me and said, "Do you know you look just like Laura Dern from Wild at Heart?" I was like, ok, don't even know who she is. But he was blubbering so much, like he'd just met his idol... he REALLY thought I was her. So I went home and looked her up and there was a picture of her in a magazine that, wow, looked EXACTLY like me. And of course then I find out that in Wild at Heart, she's a prostitute and naked a lot of the movie, so OF COURSE that waiter was drooling. And I was just having dinner with my parents. AWKWARD!

ANYWAY, since then Jurassic Park has come out and she got an Oscar nomination, so Laura Dern is very famous... and I've gotten that comment a lot over the years. But as I've gotten older I darkened my hair and I'm no longer her spitting image so nobody asks me for an autograph anymore. ;)

No one, guess I just look like me. lol

me too!:thumbsup2 my ds1 however looks like just about every boy cartoon character ever created.... he just has that 'look'- I seriously thought we should be getting some sort of payment for Ratatouille when it came out, he looked,walked,talked,dressed EXACTLY like my DS,right down to the shambling walk and the black converse....:lmao: I have a cartoon son I guess:rotfl2:

Me... I don't look like anyone in particular. Used to look like on of the famous TV kids when I was little. A LOT!!! But that was ages ago!!!

Hey, to the OP:
If there is a consensus that you look like the Mom from The Goldbergs... it might be time to step out of the Eighties!!! that was like 30 years ago.

I actually noticed a woman recently who just absolutely walked right out of the Eighties. OMG!!! The hair, the jeans that are full on top, tapered to excruciatingly tight at the ankle... the eye-shadow... the works.... OMG, if it had been near Hallloween, I would have sworn that she was in costume... But it was painfully obvious that this was all totally and completely natural to who she was.

I know somebody who is a complete and total, unbelieveable dead-ringer for Jennifer Garner. She is gorgeous... I swear she could make BIG money by doing appearances, body-double, etc...

the one I get the most is a younger Diane Keaton...I've also gotten Jaqueline Bissett and Melissa Gilbert...the funniest was Holly Hobbie...the doll. lol

Most of all I look like my mom. :)

Dh says i look just like Christina Hendricks. i think he needs glasses! lol

I don't look like anyone, but my DH looks exactly like Steve Carrell. Not so much now (Steve Carrell has recently gotten very grey) but how he looked when he was in The Office. DH gets told that ALL the time.

No one famous.

DD had an odd situation when she was 19. She went with my sister to my nephew's school party. The principal was a woman who had taught my sisters and I music when we were in grammar school. Principal looked at my DD and said "Arielle22" you look great! My sister was amazed since the Principal couldn't remember her at all but clearly remembered me.

Other people have commented on how similar DD and I look but I don't see it.

I have a niece on my husband's side who looks just like BIL. When she was born the joke was he could never deny paternity since it looked like his face shrunk down and put on a baby.

I get Sammy Hagar ALL the time. To the point where if someone says "Has anyone told you you look like Sammy Hagar?" I say "Today?"

Thing is, without the hair I'd look nothing like him at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter