People coming and no oven!

MazdaUK

<font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><
I've got my mains sorted but does anyone have a tried and trusted recipe for a cake cooked in a small (3-4 person) crockpot? I know crockpot lady has a couple of recipes but some people have had trouble with them. I do have tomorrow (Friday) to buy any ingredients I've not got, but I do have brownie mix.

Many thanks!

Hope it's not to late:

Crock Pot Brownies
‎1 brownie mix
1 cup boiling water
1 cup chocolate syrup
Prepare brownie mix as directed on box.
Pour brownie mix into bottom of crock pot.
Mix chocolate syrup with boiling water.
Pour over brownie mix.
Cook on high for 2 ½ to 3 hours.
Let set up for 15 minutes.

I'm thinking this would work out since brownies don't really rise like cake.

Thanks - a bit late but I've still got no cooker so I'll try it anyway;)

I have a recipe too. Maybe you can make it over the holidays.

Upside Down Chocolate Pudding Cake

1 cup Bisquick
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup and 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 2/3 cup hot tap water

Mix bisquick, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp. cocoa, milk and vanilla. Spoon batter evenly into lightly greased crockpot. Mix remaining sugar, cocoa and hot tap water. Pour over the batter that is already in the crockpot. Cook on high 2 1/2 hours or until batter no longer looks shiny on top.

*Note* This ends up looking like a cake from the top, but when you slice (scoop) the cake, there is a layer of pudding underneath it. Very rich! Optional: Serve with ice cream.

Bisquick is our pre-mixed biscuit flour mix. Don't know if you have it over there. Here is a recipe to make Bisquick from scratch. Then scoop out the right measure, and add in the other ingredients.

"Bisquick" Substitute
From www.recipesource.com

1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/8 cups flour
2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil

Sift together powder and sugar into flour. Sift together twice into large mixing bowl. Slowly add oil, cutting in with pastry blender (or 2 knives), until mix is consistency of corn meal. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature or may be refrigerated. Spoon lightly into cup and level with spatula. Use for pancakes, waffles, biscuits, coffee cake.

we have Bisquick:goodvibes and I've got loads of cocoa as it was on special offer, so I might just have to make this for my chocoholic kids at the weekend. :thumbsup2 Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter