Penny Presses

Prairiemom

Mouseketeer
Ok Canadian Disney fans, I have a question. I was wondering if you are able to use Canadian pennies in the penny presses? I want to be sure to have some for the kids but want to know if we are able to use Candian pennies or do I need to get American? Please let me know as we will be at Disney World the first week of December

You can use canadian pennies but they do not turn out nearly as good. The metals in the american pennies produce a cleaner and more detailed pressing. I always use and would suggest to use american pennies. You can always get nice shinny ones from any store at WDW as they will always give change, at least they always did for us and the international gateway was the best for getting the perfect pennies as the cast member actually sifted throught to get us 25 of them.

Thanks for the info as I will be sure to start saving any I get as you always get some with change here in Canada. But otherwise where abouts is this international gateway. I know I have heard of it but don't remember where it is?

I found that any time i accidentally used a canadian penny it didn't turn out as well. Start saving the american pennies you find in your change. The best pennies for pressing are 1982 or older (they are solid copper, newer ones have zinc in them.) Before you leave on your trip, "clean" your pennies with vinegar and salt, works like a charm! Have fun!

Thanks so very much for that info on cleanign them and the years to try and find and keep. As I will start saving and putting them away in a separate area of my purse. I do know we have some but not alot at this time

The International Gateway is the entrance into EPCOT from the Beach Club and Boardwalk area. It is just a short walk from the resorts to this entrance and there is also a boat to MGM.

So basically any pennies 1982 or older are the best ones to use. As anything newer then 1982 the metals are different. Ok I went thru what we have although most of the ones I have are in the 2000 and much shinier but I suppose that is because of the different metals. I'm going to clean what I have up in the next few days as we leave on Friday for Disney World
almacdonald said:
I found that any time i accidentally used a canadian penny it didn't turn out as well. Start saving the american pennies you find in your change. The best pennies for pressing are 1982 or older (they are solid copper, newer ones have zinc in them.) Before you leave on your trip, "clean" your pennies with vinegar and salt, works like a charm! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter