• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Penguin Encounter Closing, new attractions coming 2012&2013

yaytezIOA

ioacentralveteran
Hey Everyone. Haven't seen anyone post about this, and thought everyone would like to know that in January Sea World is closing Penguin Encounter to make room for a brand new huge themed land. Antarctica-Empire of the Penguins will open in 2013 and will not only be a huge ride but also new penguin habitat and more.
Here are the full details including videos of the announcements.
Also, coming in 2012 is Turtle Trek to Sea World and Freshwater Oasis happening at Discovery Cove. Tons of fun stuff coming!

I heard the new Penguin ride will hold the record for the coldest ride in the world. That is going to be an amazing place to hangout in the hot humid summer months in Florida.

This area of the park is due for an overhaul, but i will miss the old Penguin building, and the conveyor belt!

They have already closed part of the exibit, the PUFFINS are history!

I wonder if they will do the behind the scenes penguin Tour while they remodel?

When they mentioned that the new Penguin/Antarctica ride will be the most thrilling family ride in Orlando along with seeing the new vertical drop coaster that's going to Legoland in Billund,you kind of have to put the two together and wonder if that might be the new ride going in at Sea World.The preview for the new ride at Legoland even has the ride being polar themed with penguins,it's just too big a coincidence,plus it's a coaster going into a Legoland park,it's obviously going to be family friendly.Here's a video of the coaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNR63N7OKFs

Can I ask why it matters what is coming to Legoland? They are not owned by the same company. Why does a coaster at Legoland affect SeaWorld?

Can I ask why it matters what is coming to Legoland? They are not owned by the same company. Why does a coaster at Legoland affect SeaWorld?

Actually, SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment (the "company" that "owns" SeaWorld) is owned by Blackstone Group (they bought it from Anheuser-Busch InBev a couple of years ago after Inbev bought out Busch; because they had no interest in owning theme parks); which owns 60% of Universal Orlando (or it did, I know the plan was to sell to NBC or something like that), Legoland, The Madam Tussaud's Wax Meausem, etc...

However, I do think it's a considence that they're both coming up with these new attractions. Think of Blackstone as a GIANT tree company. Seaworld is on one branch, that runs and operates all on it's own, completely seperate from Legoland. Legoland is off on it's own branch. They both have their own upper management that makes decisions on what attractions the park will open, then they go to Blackstone and ask for money to bulid it.

Either way, it is exciting, and I"m really looking forward to 2013 to see this new attraction/habitat/ride. It sounds pretty cool. (haha, no pun intended..)

Because Sea World stopped short of announcing full details on the penguin attraction,basically just saying it'll be the most thrilling family ride in Orlando.Having seen the video of this vertical drop coaster going into the Legoland in Denmark there could be a connection as they're similar themes with a family friendly thrilling ride.I'm not the first one to come up with this idea as it's been thrown around several theme park news and rumor sites.

Because Sea World stopped short of announcing full details on the penguin attraction,basically just saying it'll be the most thrilling family ride in Orlando.Having seen the video of this vertical drop coaster going into the Legoland in Denmark there could be a connection as they're similar themes with a family friendly thrilling ride.I'm not the first one to come up with this idea as it's been thrown around several theme park news and rumor sites.

I don't think it's going to be a coaster of any sort with them calling it a "family ride". I am guessing it's going to be more of a "dark ride"...think Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, or Cat in the Hat. I have a feeling it'll be more like that. No big drops.

It is going to been seen if you are the penguin! And going to be different every time you ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter