Pended then accepted? Fall / Advantage '11

my phone interview was on sunday and i got accepted today. merchandise fall advantage. omg im literally shaking (funny i said that right after i did my phone interview) im so excited.

Congrats! :thumbsup2

thank you very much!!!! right after my interview i kept going back and forth with i screwed up on that question. but im shocked that i got it. yay! thanks disboards for all the help during the application process.

edit: i didnt even see ur post about getting pended. sorry to hear that but i wish u luck. hope u see purple very soon. =]

I'm still waiting to hear back after my phone interview....Hopefully you all will make it in regardless of your pending status. I was trying to think if there was a correlation between what roles you signed up for and being pended. So if you don't mind me asking what roles were you guys interested in and did you say yes to the suggested QSFB, Custodial, or Housekeeping by the interviewer?

I'm still waiting to hear back after my phone interview....Hopefully you all will make it in regardless of your pending status. I was trying to think if there was a correlation between what roles you signed up for and being pended. So if you don't mind me asking what roles were you guys interested in and did you say yes to the suggested QSFB, Custodial, or Housekeeping by the interviewer?

My roles were BBB, Photopass, and Character Attendant. She asked if I'd be willing to do Merchandise, and I said no thanks since I already have a tonnn of merchandise experience. I really had my heart set on BBB :) I interviewed January 24, got pended Feb 15, and got accepted March 16.

There's probably a correlation between what roles you sign up for, when you apply, and whether you get pending or not, but I think it has mostly to do with what the people who are doing the hiring are focusing on, and because of that probably can't be predicted very easily! To me it seemed like all the people who applied the very first few days of the application and were in the first batch of acceptees were in roles like Merchandise, QSFB, Hospitality, Custodial, and other roles where they need a lot of people.

The ones I picked were: Attractions, Merchandise, Main Entrance Operations, Hospitality, Vacation Planner, and Concierge. My top 3 were: Attractions, Main Entrance Operations, & Concierge (I'm a Hospitality major with a job that allows me to interact with VIPs all the time. I work in a theatre and some of the people I've met/worked shows for/and drove around are David Sedaris, Steve Tyrell, Bryan Adams, Harry Connick Jr., and many others!)

My interviewer was very interested in my Box Office Mgmt. job and how I handle sales, though. Which is totally fine. She didn't ask me about Mousekeeping, but she did ask if I would be interested in QSFB or Custodial. I answered honestly, saying that I wouldn't be interested in either of those roles.

Also - to those still waiting to hear if they've been accepted/rejected/pending... CHECK YOUR SPAM! My pending e-mail had been sitting in my spam folder for 5 hours before I thought to even check it. It doesn't matter if your other e-mails from the DCP went to your inbox... the most important e-mail may not! :goodvibes

thank you very much!!!! right after my interview i kept going back and forth with i screwed up on that question. but im shocked that i got it. yay! thanks disboards for all the help during the application process.

edit: i didnt even see ur post about getting pended. sorry to hear that but i wish u luck. hope u see purple very soon. =]

Thanks! Me, too! Fingers crossed!

I did my interview on the 17th got pended yesterday. I sure hope I got in a really good friend of mine got accepted yesterday and I am soooooo happy for her!!! would love to be able to do WDWCP together!!!

Hello all,

I did my phone interview on the 5th. Got my pending email for Fall Advantage the 9th. And still waiting to hear back. They told me it would be no later than April 30th... but I'm really hoping it doesn't take that long cause I think I might go crazy waiting until then!

So I know I'm dredging up an older thread, but I wanted to share!

I was accepted! I interviewed at the end of January, and have been pending since mid February, so don't give up hope!:goodvibes

I was accepted yesterday! Been pending since the beginning of March and I got in yesterday for Custodial Fall '11!!!:banana:

I am also pending but we'll know in just a few days :) I had my phone interview on March 1st and my pending letter was dated the 15th, I am crossing my fingers & hoping like crazy that I get accepted!!!

(I am for the DLR program not WDW.)

:tinker:Good luck to everyone though & congrats to those who already got accepted!

I am also pending but we'll know in just a few days :) I had my phone interview on March 1st and my pending letter was dated the 15th, I am crossing my fingers & hoping like crazy that I get accepted!!!

(I am for the DLR program not WDW.)

:tinker:Good luck to everyone though & congrats to those who already got accepted!

I had my phone interview last Saturday (4/16) and was accepted yesterday (4/22) to the Fall advantage for Merchandise in Orlando. Gonna check in 5/23, was wondering if anyone if checking in the same day?

So I know I'm dredging up an older thread, but I wanted to share!

I was accepted! I interviewed at the end of January, and have been pending since mid February, so don't give up hope!:goodvibes
Wow, that really gives me hope. I interviewed at the end of January too, and got pended mid Febrary. When were you accepted?

You're still waiting too lsterling23? Man, DLR really needs to get on top of things. Besides me, there's a few other people on the DLR Facebook group that are still waiting. It's getting to the excruciating point for me. :sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter