• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Penalties for canceling or postponing trip?

immachesnut

Earning My Ears
Hi all, I hope this is the correct place to ask this but if it isn't, Mods please feel free to move it to the correct place!

What happens if you need to cancel or change your trip dates? Unfortunately it is looking as though we are going to have to postpone our trip this month to a later time in the year. I understand there will probably be a penalty fee but how much is it & is there a rule as to when you can cancel?

Thanks so much, I'm so bummed to even have to do this - I guess if we can't then we'll just be out the money... I'm hoping if you reschedule though it will work out. Any information is much appreciated! Thank you!

Should be about $100 penalty but call & ask. Might be $200. They also might take in the situation & waive the fee if you are going further into year. Best to call. MHO:)

If you have a package booked the rules are:

No penalty if you are 45 (or more) days from your trip;

$100 penalty if you are within 44-5 days from your trip;

$200 penalty if you are within 5 days from your trip.

I don't know if they waive the fee if you reschedule.

HTH

I think trip insurance does cover postponement, but then you would need to add new trip insurance for your dates (if you would like it), and are out the money for the first insurance. I hope that made sense. :)

You don't say and no one else has given this answer, but if you have a room only reservation you can cancel up to 5 days before the trip with no penalty.

Just an update (& a thank you to everyone for the info!) I called today & rescheduled for the same amount of days in September. I am 6 days out & was not charged any penalty fees. There is an actual price difference of $130 which I knew from checking around online but I'm still staying 7 nights. Essentially the only thing we will be missing out on is the $200 gift card but if we get so lucky as to have free dining *fingers crossed* then I could care less about that! Hope that helps someone else, I really didn't give any details other than we just didn't want to go over Spring Break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter