peg perego car seat/strollers

surfergirl602

<font color=deeppink>Well you're one step ahead of
I have really fallen in love with these strollers. The one thing I haven't fallen in love with... the price!! Are they really worth it?? Is there somewhere online that I can get a good price for these?

I'll be needing a new travel system for our newest, number 4! due in June. Our military movers destroyed our last one, even ripping the harness straps in half. Our youngest will be three in Feb. and she's been doing fine with just our mac.

Since our jogging stroller is out of commission... I can't put the car seat on it even... I want to get a new set. I really like the foot board option on the peg peregos. I think this would be great for our up coming trip in October. She'll be on her way to 4yrs.

How are the switch models vs. the P3?

Any comments or recommendations?:thumbsup2

No recommendations really...but I bought a Peg Perego Pliko (I think-it was $499) car seat and stroller for my dd and I absolutely love them both! When my dd outgrew the car seat, I passed it on to my neice and she has since outgrown it and it is still in great shape! I know I felt a lot more comfortable with her in it and we still use the stroller. It has withstood a lot-she's 3 now and we are taking it on our WDW trip in March. Let me know if you have any questions. We bought ours from stollers.com. I think they are worth the price. Hope this helps!

:sulley:Rebecca

I love our Peg, I think ours is a Milano, it's black and silver and at least 5 years old, but has held up beautifully thru 3 children. I don't have the Peg carseat, but I do have the Chicco Keyfit30 and it fits perfectly. I think what I love best about it is the option to have the baby face you or face out. It's perfect for when they're tiny and you don't want strangers coming at them, breathing their germs and trying to touch them. Just keep the hood pulled up and a "don't screw with me" look on your face. ;) Then when they're older, you can reverse the handle to have them face away and your older child can stand on the running board behind them. You could also try searching Craigslist, which is how I got my stroller almost brand-new. I think I paid around $150 less, by buying it "used" and all my accessories were still in the original bags.

I have a Peg Perego Pliko P3. We did not buy the car seat. The local store here was selling it for around $200, I think. It was just really expensive and DS only used his seat for about 4 months. Everything I had read said that the Graco Snugride would fit so that is what we bought. It does not! But DD is 4 weeks old and I have put her in the stroller with just the straps and she is fine. She weighs all of 8 pounds and the straps adjusted down to her size. So far she loves it. And can I just tell you how much I love this stroller? It is so light weight, you can steer with just one hand! It is so easy to handle and set up and break down is a breeze. I am so glad that I looked past the price tag on this one. I also talked to a bunch of people at Disney with strollers. (I am not shy. I walk up to total strangers and start conversations about their stroller! :rotfl:) The best reviews I got were for the Pliko P3. Everyone I talked to loved them. Especially how easy they are to set up/take down when the bus is coming. And it folds up to only be slightly bigger than an umbrella stroller.

THanks!!! I have been leaning towards the Pliko P3. I see on amazon though, that there are two different ones - the pliko P3 titanio and corallo. What is the difference between the two? Is the corallo just the style name for the switch one? I'm so confused... :)

I would look at getting the infant seat you want (no matter the manufacturer) and using a car seat frame stroller with it.....and then getting the stroller you want.

Since the infant seat is used for such a short period of time, it doesn't make sense to base your entire stroller purchase on the infant seat or visa versa.

Plus...not all infant car seats fit in all cars so you don't want to limit yourself that way either.

That all said... we have used two different Peg strollers (Milano & Aria) and loved both. Our kids are 8.5yo (both strollers purchased for her) and 4yo and both strollers are still in great shape!

I loved the Milano because of the switchable handlebar (can face baby towards you or away) and the Aria because it was such a lightweight stroller and still had a full handlebar as opposed to separate handles. The Aria was used as our travel stroller and it did great through airports as well as at WDW.

Oh and the Milano was used with a Fisher Price Stay In View infant seat (no longer made) and a Graco Snugride with no problem!

HTH

Here's why you buy a Peg Perego stroller - it saves money in the long run. It easily goes from infant to toddler to preschooler (just used it at WDW for our 5 yo). And you don't curse every time you have to fold it, pick it up or get it in/out of the trunk. And it lasts. And the hood is great.

I just got rid if a Peg Perego Pliko and it was almost 9 years old (through 2 kids). I did have to replace the basket after DH ripped it trying to fold or unfold it at WDW (it was already ripped and he was frustrated). I WISH that it was the first stroller that I had bought. I bought it when my first DD was a year old.

I don't know about the Peg Perego infant car seats, but if you can buy a less expensive infant car seat and a frame stroller, like the Snap n Go, and that combo is less than the Peg Perego infant car seat, I would go with that. (I did this with my second DD.)

THanks!!! I have been leaning towards the Pliko P3. I see on amazon though, that there are two different ones - the pliko P3 titanio and corallo. What is the difference between the two? Is the corallo just the style name for the switch one? I'm so confused... :)

The Titano and Corallo are just the names of the colors. I have the Titano because it was neutral and we didn't know we were having a girl at the time we bought it.

is there a buy buy baby near you??

we got our pliko p3 at the buy buy baby in yonkers, ny. it was a floor model and they gave us $150 off the price! best part? it was all put together :)

i love that stroller!

There aren't any of those stores around where we live, but there is a baby store about an hour away in the city that carries them and we're going to go try them out. So exciting.

Check out AlbeeBaby.com. They have had really good prices on P3's in the past. At one point, their clearance prices were super low but I haven't looked lately. Usually because it is a previous year's color.

We owned two P3's for our youngest DD. We had one in Black Sable that we used when she was a small baby. We brought that one to WDW when she was 3 months old. It perfectly enclosed her by being able to raise the end of the seat/leg area up and pulling the sunshade all the way down.

We also had in Metallica (red) that served as our WDW stroller when she was 15 months old. At that age, the Freedom of Movement harness was perfect to give her the ability to move a little but still be safely restrained.

We never use cars seats in strollers. We just look into whether the stroller has a full or near-full recline as a main necessity in the newborn stage. We have since sold both P3's and now use a Baby Jogger City mini as our newest WDW stroller but I still regret not keeping one of them and want to buy another one day. Already have 10+ strollers now though so DH say no way! LOL

I would look at getting the infant seat you want (no matter the manufacturer) and using a car seat frame stroller with it.....and then getting the stroller you want.

As the mom of 4 (Oldest 9, youngest a newborn), I have to say this is EXCELLENT advice. As this last baby was a...bonus baby and I had gotten rid of 90% of everything when we moved, this is what I did and it is a SMART decision.

Now, as far as our Peg Pergo stroller goes. I have both a double from when DS#2 and DS#3 were little--they were really close in age--and I have a single. All in all, I can't say there is anything magical to it (them), but I am very happy with Peg Pergo. They have held up beautifully over the years. They were one of the things I didn't get rid of (I donated everything to the women's shelter) because I wanted to give it to someone I knew since it was in basically brand new shape despite years of use. In all honesty though, it's my jogging stroller I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. It's just not a stroller I can take everywhere.

oh, yes..the car seat frame is an excellent idea. just heed this advice: don't use it too much! it should just be for strolls to the mall or food shopping or things like that.

this summer i took that car seat frame out on 1+ hour long walks everyday with DS (he was born on 6/20) and the frame is NOT made for those long walks! so now when DH and i use the frame to go into church or a quick trip to target the thing is barely usable!

but my P3 pliko is awesome for long walks...it's just too cold here to go on them!

We bought our Pliko P3 on albeebaby.com for $187 in the Spring of 2008. It was a 2007 model so it was on clearance. DD loves it and so do we. She is 23 months old and actually asks to ride in it sometimes!

We used a Baby Trend Flex-Loc carseat with a Snap 'n Go stroller frame for the first 5 months we had DD and it worked perfectly! Loved both the seat and the stroller.

Just want to say thank you to everyone for all the great tips! We've decided to forgo the carset since the stroller reclines, and the carseat we have from our last combo is still in good shape. Its our stroller that needs replacing. Now we just need to figure out which pattern to get - pink or blue! LOL

wow! Congrat's BTW!

I bought a used Peg Perego P3 off EBay for $100. It is in great shape and it is perfect for our 2.75 yr old. We previously had a used PP Aria (garage sale find for $25!) but DS is getting a little heavy for it and it's hard to push now, plus it's a little old.
While I do like the P3 it is a little bulky but not as bad as my giant Chicco. I really really liked the Aria for the size and weight!

Good call on deciding not to get the Peg infant carrier. They are super expensive but tend to be outgrown before other carriers. Not a good value! Just be sure your previous carrier isn't expired, most are good for 6 years from date of manufacture.

I used the Peg infant carrier and stroller together for everything!! Absolutely loved it....spendy but it matched beautifully and worked together seamlessly. He outgrew it a little before a year old but I truly felt like we got our money's worth out of it. Still loving the stroller....bought a Mac also for travel but actually prefer my Peg!:lovestruc

I bought a Plinko P3 in 2008 for my 4.5 yr old niece to use at WDW. The price was slightly higher than renting for the 2 week trip. She then used it again in 2009 for another 2 week trip.

I bought mine at www.albeebaby.com

I love my Peg Perego. They're branded as 'Mamas & Papas' in the UK, and I've had mine since my eldest was born 10 years ago. It got used just about every day for six years, and then it was put away and brought out again when my youngest was born a year ago. I'm still using it almost every day, and I still get comments about it being lovely and in good condition. The only thing we didn't do this time was use the infant carrier (because it is so old) but that gets used by dd as a chair in the house.

Mine is very similar to this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAMAS-PAPAS-4..._BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL?hash=item3358bb446c

So many people only use the 'big' stroller for the first 6 months or 1 year, and so you can pick them up in good condition on ebay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter