Peeps, restrooms and drunks. A hot, sweaty Asian TR=Feb 08-4/27-Okay folks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probabbly the only thing that would make church worse for Courtney would be if I was up there preaching.:lmao:

She used to love going to youth group every Thursday and now she will not go. I am torn about what to do. I don't know if I should make her or not. She said if I make her go on Thursday than she doesn't want ANY of us to watch Lost. If she has to miss it she said we do too.

I really think it has more to do than just missing lost. She has had a major heart change in the past few months. She really need prayer. Dh told me not to worry about her she will be fine. He said to place her in Gods hands and just pray for her. I know I need to be less judgemental right now and just shower her with unconditional love. It can be so hard being a parent at times. Thanks for listening. Sorry to ramble. If you think about it PLEASE pray for Courtney.:flower3:

Smart move. Let God handle their conflict. Give it to Him.:thumbsup2

The battle for our kids is on our knees.
I am the parent of two teens.
Cover them in prayer and then listen to what God wants you to do.
Listen and He will let you know.
I'll pray for Courtney with you.:hug:

I'll pray for Courtney, too. I was really "churched", even forced some - I was very rebellious, got into trouble when I turned 18, but God took care of me and I made it back - I know my mom spent alot of time on her knees.

What was that?? :3dglasses

d2_1_b1.jpg

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

today's fav for me!

Chapter 16. Sunday, February 4th. Day 4. Part 2. An unfortunate encounter with a restroom..

Sorry, it's taken me a few days to update, but I see that the Peeps Patrol has been entertaining the troops.:thumbsup2 I'll go back and comment later. I also have a few days worth of TR/PTRs to catch up on...that'll take a few days I'm sure.

So when I last left you a CM was laughing her head off at our attempt at making letters with our bodies....(Thanks again SwanLovesDisney for the idea).

Kim and I begin our journey over to Future World. The question is........Should we get a FP for Soarin or for Test Track?

We decide to grab a FP for Soarin' first and head over to Test Track to ride Stand by. It was about 9:45 or 10am. So I didn't know what to expect...

We took the path that takes you by Imagination, you know the one I'm talking about...

We head into the Land...I look down at the Seasons seating area and at the line for Living with the Land. Seating area nearly empty and the line for Living with the Land non-existent. Mojo factor=not too shabby!!!!!

We head down to grab FastPasses. Return time about 1 1/2 later. Not bad....Mojo Factor=High.

Here's some music to get you in the mojo mood....

Austin Powers..baby

We walk over to Test Track...Stand by line 40 minutes...Not awful, not great. We wait and it ends up being about 35 minutes...Not too bad.

We walk into the GM showroom and Kim sits in the Hummer since she has never been in one.
wdwfeb2008068.jpg

We walk back to the sign to take a pic. I ask Kim what she thought of Test Track since it was her first time. Here's her reaction:
wdwfeb2008069.jpg

Here's mine:
wdwfeb2008070.jpg

I only gave it a so-so because of the wait even though it wasn't bad. I don't think I've waited that long for many years because I either FP or do Single Rider. I would've gone SR, but didn't want Kim to have her first time be with a stranger. (Keep it clean folks...:rotfl2: )

We walked back over to the Land and had some time to kill. We were both hungry so decided to eat at Seasons. I had the Asian two item combo and Kim had the Kid's Asian meal.

Here they are:
wdwfeb2008073.jpg

wdwfeb2008074.jpg

and look at our section:
wdwfeb2008075.jpg

Mojo still going....cue music again...Yeah baby..

After lunch we both needed to use the facilities. Now if you've read my PTR, I definitely count restrooms as part of my vacation. I love a nice, clean, quiet restroom. Don't know why, but if I can find a great restroom, it makes my day just a bit better.

So we head over to the restrooms by Soarin. Not usually my favorite restrooms. They're usually pretty busy and dirty and smelly....Today not so much.

Kim and I developed a rating system a single flush was the best rating-a Quintuple flush was the worst.

Here are the restrooms in question:
wdwfeb2008076.jpg

Here's Kim's ratings:
wdwfeb2008077.jpg

A double flush...not too shabby.

We still had about 15 minutes til our FP for Soarin.

So we went to Living with the Land--one of my favorite attractions;
wdwfeb2008078.jpg

Here are some random, seldomly seen on the DIS:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 , shots during the ride
wdwfeb2008079.jpg

wdwfeb2008080.jpg

wdwfeb2008081.jpg

wdwfeb2008082.jpg

After Living with the Land, we used our FP and rode....
wdwfeb2008071.jpg

I LOVE the music in this ride....so majestic and awe inspiring.

I think at this point, I call Joanne. They are at MK doing Fantasyland. I told them we'd call when we made it to the MK.

We decided to take the monorail over to MK, but before we left Epcot, we took a spin on Spaceship Earth.

wdwfeb2008084.jpg

wdwfeb2008085.jpg

There was actually a line for SSE--about 15 minutes. I've NEVER waited for this ride, but it still wasn't a long line...

After SSE, I had to use the restroom again. I had to take a seat....So we head over to the restrooms by Guest Relations on the right before you exit the park...

I was NOT happy with this restroom. I could've done slip n slide on the floor...:scared1: and not a water ride in sight...:confused3. When I got to one stall to use it, the commode was full of TP and toilet seat covers.:scared: I did my thing quickly and got out as fast as possible.

wdwfeb2008086.jpg

This ranked Quadruple flush....it would've been Quint..but it was quiet....

We exited Epcot and walked over to the monorail.....
wdwfeb2008087.jpg

Next up: Magic Kingdom friend or foe?

Click here for next installment.

FIRST! Okay, I know it's unfair that I'm in the West :goodvibes

I'm glad Kim had fun at Epcot, and your MOJO is intact! What is the yellow fruit in the Land pic? Mangoes? (just wondering if you paid attention) ;)

Love your BR rating system - Slip-n-Slide? EWWWWW! :scared1: Hope you find better facilites at MK.

After SSE, I had to use the restroom again. I had to take a seat....So we head over to the restrooms by Guest Relations on the right before you exit the park...

I was NOT happy with this restroom. I could've done slip n slide on the floor...:scared1: and not a water ride in sight...:confused3. When I got to one stall to use it, the commode was full of TP and toilet seat covers.:scared: I did my thing quickly and got out as fast as possible.

wdwfeb2008086.jpg

OMG - - - I know how you feel - - I have a thing about bathrooms also - my problem is how dirty they are. My DH can rank them by how long I stay in there - my obsession is to clean them all up!! I mark our trips by bathrooms - i have used them over the Grand Canyon - under the Golden Gate Bridge, etc. etc. etc. - - and I've had to clean most of them!

I love this photo!!!!!

your face when rating the last toilet is hysterical.

great update and pics.

SSE the first day we went to Epcot was a 30 minute wait. when we finally rode there was no wait.

I love Soarin'. just a great ride.

I love your letter pics:laughing:

Good call going to Epcot for the morning, I know you are both going to have lots of fun:wizard:

Jordan is so cute:cutie: she looks so sweet.

I can't wait to see pics of the new place. I used to like that show when I was little by the way! What was it called? The Jeffersons !

We did have a great start to the day.......

I just babysat for Baby J last night and she was an absolute doll.

Good Morning Peeps !!:love: am a little less tired this a.m but I haven't had a day off since Feb 18th and I am TIRED . :sad2: But I have to check in on my FAVS each day !! :banana: :banana: You guys brighten my day.:grouphug: I've completed my pictureless TR and am working on first a friends upcoming trip and then ours next year .:cool1: Anyone going first week of MAY??:worship:

I may be going in May 09. WDW/DCL perhaps..we'll see.

Probabbly the only thing that would make church worse for Courtney would be if I was up there preaching.:lmao:

She used to love going to youth group every Thursday and now she will not go. I am torn about what to do. I don't know if I should make her or not. She said if I make her go on Thursday than she doesn't want ANY of us to watch Lost. If she has to miss it she said we do too.

I really think it has more to do than just missing lost. She has had a major heart change in the past few months. She really need prayer. Dh told me not to worry about her she will be fine. He said to place her in Gods hands and just pray for her. I know I need to be less judgemental right now and just shower her with unconditional love. It can be so hard being a parent at times. Thanks for listening. Sorry to ramble. If you think about it PLEASE pray for Courtney.:flower3:

I'll be praying for her....I was the worst to my parents in HS. Picture in your mind the worst child you could have...............then multiply by 10...that was me.

Smart move. Let God handle their conflict. Give it to Him.:thumbsup2

The battle for our kids is on our knees.
I am the parent of two teens.
Cover them in prayer and then listen to what God wants you to do.
Listen and He will let you know.
I'll pray for Courtney with you.:hug:

Courtney does have her moments...she had me laughing....:thumbsup2

First week of May-er here! We arrive May 3 and will be staying at Pop through May 11. My countdown officially says "1 month!" YAY!!!

Congrats on reaching the 1 month and so many days milestone..

I FINALLY caught up after being off the boards for the past week or so - Jordan's been a busy boy, hasn't he?

I love the human letters idea - I may have to lift that one and see what kind of funny poses I can get my hubby and son into. But then, they may force me into a funny pose, and we simply cannot have that... :lmao:

Things have been pretty rough for my family the past couple of days, and this thread has been one of the few things that has made me laugh out loud. You guys are all the best!!! Looking forward to reading more!!!

Hope things are okay now with the fam....

I finally caught up after working all weekend.

I love baby J. She is sooooo cute. They look happy to be at Disney. And Spoodles is yummy!!

I love the letter idea...I would have guessed Y for Yes!! and E for excited..but you have already covered that:upsidedow

Sounds like Epcot was wonderful and MK not so much. Can't wait to read all about it

You are correct grasshopper.

Ugggg. I know how fun these sort of things can be. NOT!
Oh my heck, did I just put NOT at the end of a sentence?? :sad2:

Anywho..........I'm in charge of the 12-18 yr old girls at church, so I know how these things go. :grouphug:

Those young ones you're working with are rubbing off on you.

I finally caught up.

Unfortunately, I do not have internet access at home, so I have to do all my trip report reading at work.

Fortunately, I have a job that I can be on the DIS all day and not get in trouble. (Have I mentioned that I love this new job?)

Unfortunately, I have to go home now and won't be able to read again until tomorrow.

Fortunately, (hopefully), an update will be posted by the time I return at 8:30 am (Indiana time). Looking forward to it!

Your wish is my command...new update posted.

I'm in the process of catching up myself...:rolleyes1 :scared1:

What was that?? :3dglasses

d2_1_b1.jpg

Peep16.jpg

Breakfast Peeps....

Be vewwy vewwy Quiet.....

THe last Peeper. :cool2:

:rotfl2: That's a good one.

I was actually thinking of Jesus and His Peeps :) -- I am trying to decide if I feel blasphemous or not :scared: .

Can I just say...this has been very entertaining for me...I may have some Peeps pix coming up myself....:thumbsup2

Thanks for brightening my day.....

and making me...:) and :rotfl2: and :dance3:

Love your restroom rating system. I think you should publish it and sell it :lmao:

I'm not a huge Test Track fan. It's an ok ride, but definitely not worth a long wait. Soarin is terrific. I'm glad Disney brought it to the east coast!

The peeps pics are great! One of my students made a 100th day of school poster out of purple peeps (100 of them) and brought it in last week. I need to take a picture of it.

I'm ticked! I just spent over a half hour multi quoting and inserting my own amazingly witty comments..............and I lost it! Poof...........into the black void!:headache:
So here's my reader's digest version.

I love your bathroom rating system! :rotfl2:
I have a similar one but it's for rest stops in different states. I rate the state by the condition of it's potties!

I can't believe how empty sunshine seasons was! The 2 times we ate there I was afraid we'd end up eating standing up.

Your MoJo was definatley going strong!
austin-powers.jpg

This Picture says it all!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
wdwfeb2008086.jpg

Good morning Peeps!! :love: Love the latest Peep pix and the toilet rating.:thumbsup2 For us ladies a factor is how long is the line .:rotfl2: ery important when you are hopping from one leg to another if you know what I mean!! I so hope you go in May 09 Jordan . :worship: For me it will be trip #3 for the FAM #2 & #1 for 2. DSIL is getting told things already like you have to pay 18% tip on a party of 6. Is that a law ? :rotfl2: he asks I know what to prepare him for to avoid shock and embaressment next May!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Love the update:thumbsup2

Glad your Mojo was going good that morning...except for the bathroom:rotfl: Wet floors...yuck!

Glad Kim got to ride 3 of the big fun attractions at Epcot. You didn't say what she thought of SSE?

Looking forward to the rest of your day at MK:)

Yeah, an update! Love, love, love Soarin'! One of my top 10. I've also loved Living with the Land since I was a kid. Why is it that I still have to take produce pictures every single time? :confused3 The bathroom rating face is priceless. :rotfl: I didn't even need to see the finger count to know how that experience went.

Glad to hear that the mojo is still in tact. Why do I suspect that it came to a screeching halt in MK? Do you arrive and find the 3 Js still in line at Dumbo? Do you spend 45 minutes stuck in Small World? Ahhh, the suspense!

Between the report and the newest Peep pics, thanks for starting my morning out with a smile.

First of all, you're welcome again for the letter idea!

Next, it stinks that one of your favorite bathrooms was so gross. Ick! I am going to have to pay extra attention to Kim's bathroom ratings cuz a grody bathroom can put me in a bad mood too!

Nice Soarin pic!

Your meals looked great. I love that place.

I agree about Test Track...not nearly as great when you have a long wait.

Great installment, Josh!

I love the restroom rating system!:lmao: As the mother of a 5 year old I have had to familiarize myself with every restroom in WDW.
For future reference there is a 1 flush rated restroom up by the Garden Grill restaurant. I know this because we had to visit it 3 times during 1 meal.:rotfl:
Great update!

Thanks for the music. It really was delightful listening to it whilst reading your update. Perfect timing too! :thumbsup2

Here's mine:
wdwfeb2008070.jpg
It looks like you're holding an imaginary ball ... :laughing:

Good update per usual. Love your bathroom ratings. Still waiting for Flat Winkers! :rotfl2:

I am so glad that Mojo was there for you at Epcot!! I love Soarin'. Went on it for the first time in Feb. and it is now a must do!! I hate the bathrooms by it, so I am amazed that Kim gave it a 2 flush. They are always crowded and loud when I am there. Ahhhhh your mojo working

I am glad you got on SSE. I tried when we were there and it was closed.

Your face said it all about the bathroom by Guest Relations. :lmao:

Chapter 16. Sunday, February 4th. Day 4. Part 2. An unfortunate encounter with a restroom..

So when I last left you a CM was laughing her head off at our attempt at making letters with our bodies....(Thanks again SwanLovesDisney for the idea).

Kim and I begin our journey over to Future World. The question is........Should we get a FP for Soarin or for Test Track?

never been on either. Why, you ask?

DSCN0488.jpg

We decide to grab a FP for Soarin' first and head over to Test Track to ride Stand by. It was about 9:45 or 10am. So I didn't know what to expect...

We took the path that takes you by Imagination, you know the one I'm talking about...

We head into the Land...I look down at the Seasons seating area and at the line for Living with the Land. Seating area nearly empty and the line for Living with the Land non-existent. Mojo factor=not too shabby!!!!!

We head down to grab FastPasses. Return time about 1 1/2 later. Not bad....Mojo Factor=High.

Austin Powers..baby

We walk over to Test Track...Stand by line 40 minutes...Not awful, not great. We wait and it ends up being about 35 minutes...Not too bad.

We walk into the GM showroom and Kim sits in the Hummer since she has never been in one.
wdwfeb2008068.jpg

very pretty manicure she's got going there. :)

We walk back to the sign to take a pic. I ask Kim what she thought of Test Track since it was her first time. Here's her reaction:

Here's mine:

I only gave it a so-so because of the wait even though it wasn't bad. I don't think I've waited that long for many years because I either FP or do Single Rider. I would've gone SR, but didn't want Kim to have her first time be with a stranger. (Keep it clean folks...:rotfl2: )

Picky picky.

Must not get points.....must not get points......

We walked back over to the Land and had some time to kill. We were both hungry so decided to eat at Seasons. I had the Asian two item combo and Kim had the Kid's Asian meal.

Here they are:
wdwfeb2008073.jpg

wdwfeb2008074.jpg

and look at our section:
wdwfeb2008075.jpg

Mojo still going....cue music again...Yeah baby..

Those meals look yummy. Kim's is abot the right size for me.

"oh BEHAVE"

After lunch we both needed to use the facilities. Now if you've read my PTR, I definitely count restrooms as part of my vacation. I love a nice, clean, quiet restroom. Don't know why, but if I can find a great restroom, it makes my day just a bit better.

So we head over to the restrooms by Soarin. Not usually my favorite restrooms. They're usually pretty busy and dirty and smelly....Today not so much.

Kim and I developed a rating system a single flush was the best rating-a Quintuple flush was the worst.

Here are the restrooms in question:
wdwfeb2008076.jpg

Here's Kim's ratings:
wdwfeb2008077.jpg

A double flush...not too shabby.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We still had about 15 minutes til our FP for Soarin.

So we went to Living with the Land--one of my favorite attractions;
wdwfeb2008078.jpg

Here are some random, seldomly seen on the DIS:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 , shots during the ride
wdwfeb2008082.jpg

I love living with the land...I wish it wasn't so preachy, though. I want to try to take the "behind the seeds" tour when I am there in October.

After Living with the Land, we used our FP and rode....
wdwfeb2008071.jpg

I LOVE the music in this ride....so majestic and awe inspiring.

I think at this point, I call Joanne. They are at MK doing Fantasyland. I told them we'd call when we made it to the MK.

We decided to take the monorail over to MK, but before we left Epcot, we took a spin on Spaceship Earth.

wdwfeb2008084.jpg

wdwfeb2008085.jpg

There was actually a line for SSE--about 15 minutes. I've NEVER waited for this ride, but it still wasn't a long line...

I'm sure that's because it just reopened.

Pick a little
Talk a little
Pick a little
Talk a little
Pick pick pick
Talk a lot
Pick a little more

(quote anyone??)

wdwfeb2008086.jpg

I believe the picture says it all. :rotfl2:

We exited Epcot and walked over to the monorail.....
wdwfeb2008087.jpg

Next up: Magic Kingdom friend or foe?

Mojo....oh Mojo....Where are thou, Mojo??? YOu sure as heck ain't at the Magic Kingdom on a Sunday afternoon....

(had to change the line, as wherefore art thou, means "why are you")

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter