• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Peep Toe Platforms in the Office. YAY or NAY?

What state are you in? I feel like most of the south is totally ok with open toed footwear at this point. I don't care for peep toes (for me) but my toes haven't been enclosed in a long time (since it got warm), and I typically dress quite professionally. I hate "real" shoes.

LOL! I thought you must be a man. When I wear mine my husband tells me I have a hole in my shoe.:rotfl: Of course, he has open-toed socks.

I agree with you about all of your points except for the physics one. Funky feet are nasty regardless of the shoe.

Hey! Hey! I love my open-toed socks!!

Those shoes are just fine for any office that doesn't have a specific policy requiring close-toed shoes. Of course, when I think about peep-toe shoes, I remember the little old ladies back in the 50's wearing them. Every. Single. One. had big toes the size of my wrist, that more than filled the hole like some kind of hoof or something. :crazy2: It was absolutely disgusting.

I don't know what you people are talking about with protruding toes. I think that only happens if you buys shoes that don't fit. With my sandals I never have any part of my foot hanging over the edge. And my peep toe shoes- you can usually see about three toes.

And 120lbs?? Really? I think you have to be much heavier before your feet start getting fat.
I guess I just don't look that closely to care.

I agree with the others that they are conservative. But I am known for my shoes when I travel to my Boston office.

Every office has a "personality" and what might work in some offices may not fly in others.

That being said, you can always be the "outlier" in a fun and modern way. I work in marketing and my job is pretty creative so I get a lot of leeway with my clothes and shoes. Here's the newest pair I will be wearing in a few weeks. They are really comfy too and everytime I wear them I get compliments. http://vip.zappos.com/nine-west-sharina-yellow-multi-fabric?zfcTest=fcl:0

Peep toes are a staple down south.

Yay.

I've been wearing them ever since my wife found a pair of them in my car.

:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: That's hilarious!!

If you are over 120 lbs the basic physics of the pressure applied to the toes will try to force them out the hole which is truly unbecoming.

You are incorrect, it does not work that way. You must have seen some woman with improperly-fitting shoes or something. We all wear peep toes here (in the office) and I've never seen the things you are describing.

All I can say is thank goodness my office is casual!
The only footwear we aren't allowed to wear is actual flip flops.
I think those shoes are cute and appropriate for an office.

Those shoes are totally appropriate for the office! I'm a little stunned that there was even a question about it. :confused3

Just don't wear them with a mini skirt that barely covers your behind! :thumbsup2

For most offices, these would be fine. I work in a law firm, and peep-anything is not acceptable.

Except for marshmallow peeps, and then only if you bring enough to share with everyone.

I wore those exact same shoes for my son's wedding last month. They aren't that high and they are pretty comfortable for a heel. Compared to some of the shoes/clothes I've seen where I work, those are nothing.

Not everywhere! Our field offices are not allowed to wear open toed shoes and they MUST wear hosiery.

Yuck. I hate wearing pantyhose and I don't get the closed toed shoe thing. Not everyone can wear them comfortably. I wore nice capris and open toed shoes to work today and I work with professionals. Everything from engineers and scientists to policy makers. Dress policy basically says no shorts, torn jeans, sweats or flip flops. I can say I do see flip flops in the summer fairly often, but never on me. With budget cuts (I'm Fed Gov) I expect the a/c to not be as cool this summer so I expect to see less suits and closed toed shoes and def less pantyose. We also don't deal with the public as our building is not open to the public but do deal with other agencies everyday.

bdcp said:
Yuck. I hate wearing pantyhose and I don't get the closed toed shoe thing. Not everyone can wear them comfortably. I wore nice capris and open toed shoes to work today and I work with professionals. Everything from engineers and scientists to policy makers. Dress policy basically says no shorts, torn jeans, sweats or flip flops. I can say I do see flip flops in the summer fairly often, but never on me. With budget cuts (I'm Fed Gov) I expect the a/c to not be as cool this summer so I expect to see less suits and closed toed shoes and def less pantyose. We also don't deal with the public as our building is not open to the public but do deal with other agencies everyday.

I know OSHA does not allow open toed shoes in many work places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter