• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR; Wrapping up PTR and TR 10/02!

The Star Wars shirts are too cute. I love the TSM queue, I can just imagine a one year old would be pretty amazed in there!

Seriously, it's a child's wonderland in there with all the colors and shapes. Tanner didn't know where to look first! :lmao:

Definitely look up info on the TSMM easter eggs... but, you may HAVE to let Franklin in on them, cause for many of them you need to work together :rolleyes1

I was SO bummed that there wasn't more Muppet fanfare at DHS after the movie came out. I was hoping to fins some Muppet stuff for Halloween costumes, and the only things that seemed new were stocking hats. It was 90 out! Uh, no thanks! :rotfl:

My goal is to memorize at least one new Easter Egg, maybe two. The only one we've managed to remember so far is the ring toss one.

I cannot tell you how many kids I've seen wearing those stocking hats when it was 90 degrees out.
Are their parents trying to give them heat stroke? :eek:

Hello friends! Today is a very special day in the heart of any Disney planner, it's the day when the countdown calendar goes from three digits to just two. That's right it's time to do the...

:woohoo: :dance3: :banana: DOUBLE-DIGIT DANCE :banana: :dance3: :woohoo:

99 days from right now, Franklin and I will be back in the World. And what's a good double-digit dance without some trip update news.

As you all may remember, we added three nights to the beginning of our trip and booked a standard view studio at AKV-Jambo for those three nights. Well, stalking the DVC Web site has become my new favorite hobby. And a few weeks ago, Beach Club Villas came available for the second and third nights of the newly expanded trip. I booked those quickly but held onto the AKV reservation in case nothing ever came available for the first night.

This afternoon, a Boardwalk View studio came available for that first night. So Franklin and I decided to pounce on it and release the three-night AKV reservation!
As of right now, we're staying in a Boardwalk View studio (at Boardwalk Villas, obviously) followed by two nights in a BCV studio!

Franklin isn't thrilled with the idea of moving twice during our 10 days, but he is very excited to spend three nights at the Epcot resorts during the Food and Wine Festival.

Plus, most of those first few days were going to be spent chilling at the pool and roaming F&W, so where better to chill and roam from than Boardwalk and Beach Club?!?!? :goodvibes

I'm super excited to try BC for the first time, and especially with some built-in pool time to try Stormalong Bay. I'll try to find that night at BCV instad of BWV, but even if I can't, It will be awesome to spend a night at our home resort (with an amazing view!).

I'll take any and all suggestions, hints and tips when it comes to BC ('cause I'm clueless!). Dee and Tina especially, you two love BC more than anyone I know. Dee, I've already started working through the BC thread! :goodvibes

Woo-hoo on getting all three nights at EPCOT resorts, even if it is not the same one. But that should be an easy move. And there is still time!

I'll try to let you know about any tips/secrets if I think of any.

The one thing you should become familiar with is the "secret" entrance to the Beach Club. I'm not exactly sure how to get to the actual villa rooms, but I think the secret entrance is still a helpful tidbit to have in your arsenal.

The entrance is a great step saver if it is wicked hot or rainy out. The location is described in the Beach Club Resort (Room) post, but let me know if you need any clarification. It is near Room 1501.

Do either you or Franklin drink coffee? I just learned within the last week that there is "real" coffee available in the mornings at the Ale & Compass (at the Yacht Club). I haven't done the writeup about this location yet, but one of our frequent posters took about 20 pictures for me to use on the thread.

Wow, in the park by 8:37? With a 1-year-old?! That is amazing! I am soooo not a morning person, but I'm going to aspire to that kind of schedule in October! ;)
I agree, TSM has an awesome fun queue! It helps pass the waiting time when there are lots of fun, colorful things to look at. Tanner looks like he is having so much fun. He seems like a very go-with-the-flow kind of kid!
And YAY for Double Digits and your room ressies! Getting to stay in all 3 of those awesome resorts, AND some nights near Epcot during F&W, sounds like a dream come true! :cloud9:

So, to make up for not being at all up to date on your TR, I sat down today and off and on made my way through the whole thing. Great writing and amazing pictures have made it a real treat! :thumbsup2

Herewith, my thoughts:

You definitely got off to a good start. In fact, so good that i went and booked the plaza right after your review...think it might be the whole TS as cheap as CS thing, plus with TiW, it makes more sense anyway..oh, and I love that tuna croissant there.

Love the Disney food blog...they had me at carrot cake cookie. Love those!

How cute is Tanner?

Gorgeous pics of Illuminations...my camera takes horrible pics at night. So much so that I've pretty much given up trying. The camera on my phone actually does better.

Totally get the split day thing...I heart the park hopper. I don't think I could do Disney without it. With the crowds and all the stimuli, I need that break midday and its fun to go off and do something different at night. Sometimes your plans, especially for dinner, take you someplace else.

I see nothing wrong with parking at the CR...but I don't mind some minor rule breaking every once and awhile, especially given how much of our money Disney gets. I know this may not be the most popular sentiment, though. Of course, just stay away from Storm Along Bay, unless you're a paying BC/YC guest.

Oh, great that you included all the lyrics from Wishes! I've seen Wishes several times on the last two trips, but only once with all the music (something you lose out on at Poly) and it really makes Wishes spectacular.

I really wish we had Chick Fil A up here...but we don't. Sigh.

How cute that the boys all wore matching t-shirts to DHS??

Also saw MSEP for the first time since I was kid on the April trip and I really hope we see it in July. I really liked it, although I might like Spectro better.

Hooray for double digits! And hooray for being on the Boardwalk for your entire Food and WIne visit. You will love the BC!!! I promise. SAB is truly as amazing as everyone says...there is a LAZY RIVER!! I could spent the entire afternoon just going around and around in that thing. I think having a week away has just made me appreciate the BC even more. And you, truly, absolutely cannot beat that location.

Catching up again!

CONGRATS on the extra three days! :banana: I hope you can get the BCV for all the nights to avoid moving, but regardless, you'll love both resorts I'm sure! We haven't done the Beach Club Villas yet, but I've stayed in a regular room at the Yacht Club. It's such a beautiful duo of resorts!

And as always, beautiful pictures Franklin! LOVE those Wishes ones!

Thanks for checking back in during your travels! Did you get to go anywhere fun?

We took an 8 day road trip from Florida to Maine ((with a 7 month old puppy), and will spend the summer in Maine.

But, back to your TR - good deal on scoring the Epcot Resorts. Sounds like a fun plan. Having to change after one night isn't too bad, if you can minimize the unpacking on that first night.

I also wanted to reach out to thank Franklin. His Wishes photos inspired me to try the ND filter for my July 4th photos. First time I've had any luck with fireworks :thumbsup2

I also wanted to reach out to thank Franklin. His Wishes photos inspired me to try the ND filter for my July 4th photos. First time I've had any luck with fireworks :thumbsup2

You're welcome! I'm glad the inspiration led to success. :cool1: Now that you have the "practice" fireworks out of the way, it's time to shoot some real fireworks at Disney! :rotfl2:

Hi everyone! :wave2: Remember me? I'm your intrepid TR guide, at least I was until life intervened. What has kept me away from you for so long? Well, it began with nine straight days of work. :crazy2: Then there's been a new job opportunity at work that I've been interviewing for (keep your fingers crossed for me!). And then there were six glorious days at the beach. :beach: And since you've all been so patient, I'll give you a few fun bonus pictures from the beach trip.

DSC6519-L.jpg

DSC6575-L.jpg

DSC7058-L.jpg

Woo-hoo on getting all three nights at EPCOT resorts, even if it is not the same one. But that should be an easy move. And there is still time!

I'll try to let you know about any tips/secrets if I think of any.

The one thing you should become familiar with is the "secret" entrance to the Beach Club. I'm not exactly sure how to get to the actual villa rooms, but I think the secret entrance is still a helpful tidbit to have in your arsenal.

The entrance is a great step saver if it is wicked hot or rainy out. The location is described in the Beach Club Resort (Room) post, but let me know if you need any clarification. It is near Room 1501.

Do either you or Franklin drink coffee? I just learned within the last week that there is "real" coffee available in the mornings at the Ale & Compass (at the Yacht Club). I haven't done the writeup about this location yet, but one of our frequent posters took about 20 pictures for me to use on the thread.

Secret entrance? Awesome! :thumbsup2 Thanks Dee.

Wow, in the park by 8:37? With a 1-year-old?! That is amazing! I am soooo not a morning person, but I'm going to aspire to that kind of schedule in October! ;)
I agree, TSM has an awesome fun queue! It helps pass the waiting time when there are lots of fun, colorful things to look at. Tanner looks like he is having so much fun. He seems like a very go-with-the-flow kind of kid!
And YAY for Double Digits and your room ressies! Getting to stay in all 3 of those awesome resorts, AND some nights near Epcot during F&W, sounds like a dream come true! :cloud9:

DHS was really the only day I insisted we be at the park as early as humanly possible. It's all about picking your battles. ;)

Tanner is totally go-with-the-flow. He loves being in the middle of everything and that made the trip really fun!

October can't get here fast enough. Just 83 days now! :cool1:

So, to make up for not being at all up to date on your TR, I sat down today and off and on made my way through the whole thing. Great writing and amazing pictures have made it a real treat! :thumbsup2

Herewith, my thoughts:

You definitely got off to a good start. In fact, so good that i went and booked the plaza right after your review...think it might be the whole TS as cheap as CS thing, plus with TiW, it makes more sense anyway..oh, and I love that tuna croissant there.

You will LOVE the Plaza. It's such a nice break and the food is really good (don't forget to try the floats and sundaes!).

Love the Disney food blog...they had me at carrot cake cookie. Love those!

How cute is Tanner?

Gorgeous pics of Illuminations...my camera takes horrible pics at night. So much so that I've pretty much given up trying. The camera on my phone actually does better.

DFB serves as my Disney fix every day. I love their email newsletter and I cannot wait to go to their party.

Fireworks pics are the hardest to do. I'm happy if I can get one good one to tweet while I'm at Disney. Luckily Franklin is much better at the fireworks photos!

Totally get the split day thing...I heart the park hopper. I don't think I could do Disney without it. With the crowds and all the stimuli, I need that break midday and its fun to go off and do something different at night. Sometimes your plans, especially for dinner, take you someplace else.

I will take every tool at my disposal to avoid crowds. :crowded: Parkhoppers (or APs) are a MUST!

I see nothing wrong with parking at the CR...but I don't mind some minor rule breaking every once and awhile, especially given how much of our money Disney gets. I know this may not be the most popular sentiment, though. Of course, just stay away from Storm Along Bay, unless you're a paying BC/YC guest.

Oh, great that you included all the lyrics from Wishes! I've seen Wishes several times on the last two trips, but only once with all the music (something you lose out on at Poly) and it really makes Wishes spectacular.

Don't worry, I would never dream about illegally pool hopping to SAB. But I will be REALLY happy to try it out while we stay at BCV! :woohoo:

I love the music for Wishes, it's simply magical. That was my biggest problem when we watched from the Poly beach one time. The speakers were on, but they weren't turned up loud at all.

I really wish we had Chick Fil A up here...but we don't. Sigh.

How cute that the boys all wore matching t-shirts to DHS??

Also saw MSEP for the first time since I was kid on the April trip and I really hope we see it in July. I really liked it, although I might like Spectro better.

Be glad you don't have a Chick Fil A because if you did you'd be felled by the curse of Chick Fil A. You'd always have the worst craving for a chicken sandwich on Sundays, the one day a week Chick Fil A isn't open. :lmao:

The Star Wars shirts were perfect for that day!

Hooray for double digits! And hooray for being on the Boardwalk for your entire Food and WIne visit. You will love the BC!!! I promise. SAB is truly as amazing as everyone says...there is a LAZY RIVER!! I could spent the entire afternoon just going around and around in that thing. I think having a week away has just made me appreciate the BC even more. And you, truly, absolutely cannot beat that location.

I cannot wait to try BCV. I have plans to spend lots and LOTS of time in that lazy river.

Catching up again!

CONGRATS on the extra three days! :banana: I hope you can get the BCV for all the nights to avoid moving, but regardless, you'll love both resorts I'm sure! We haven't done the Beach Club Villas yet, but I've stayed in a regular room at the Yacht Club. It's such a beautiful duo of resorts!

And as always, beautiful pictures Franklin! LOVE those Wishes ones!

Thanks Brook! I've been stalking the DVC Web site day and night for that third night at BCV. I'll take any and all pixie dust you guys want to send my way!

We took an 8 day road trip from Florida to Maine ((with a 7 month old puppy), and will spend the summer in Maine.

But, back to your TR - good deal on scoring the Epcot Resorts. Sounds like a fun plan. Having to change after one night isn't too bad, if you can minimize the unpacking on that first night.

The road trip sounds fun! I'm glad the filter worked for your fireworks photos, I'd love to see some of them if you want to share. :goodvibes

It's been a long time, but it's time to get this TR back on track! :woohoo: We last left off with us emerging from a rousing game on Toy Story Mania.

Tanner was strapped in and ready to cruise.

DSC1964-L.jpg

We headed back to the hub, where we found our favorite bouncy tiger and one sad donkey. Let’s just say Lala was very excited!

DSC1985-L.jpg

DSC1986-L.jpg

Eeyore even got the Tanner nose-touch seal of approval.

DSC1992-L.jpg

DSC1995-L.jpg

DSC1999-L.jpg

Next was a freaky-looking alien. But Stitch also got the Tanner nose-touch seal of approval!

DSC2011-L.jpg

DSC2014-L.jpg

We wandered over to the next corner, where we found a couple of guys in cute cowboy hats.

i-V8FRQPW-L.jpg

Dale even did a little dance for us!

DSC2021-L.jpg

i-mgKRw8z-L.jpg

i-J8rG3Cg-L.jpg

Then we ran into a couple of really adorable dogs.

i-jhmQcwP-L.jpg

Since we were clearly going for an all out character blitz, Franklin ran to get in the next line while we finished up with Pluto and Goofy.

i-GLSFT6S-L.jpg

i-9w4Wpt4-L.jpg

Donald and Daisy greeted us next. Tanner REALLY liked Donald.

i-6NRrTch-L.jpg

i-zHD9Z3D-L.jpg

i-m2JwwJm-L.jpg

i-vdmJC7d-L.jpg

Once we had met every possible character in DHS (or at least what seemed like it), we headed toward that gleaming tower in the distance.

DSC2051-L.jpg

According to Lines, the wait was just 20 minutes. So we parked the scaredy cat (me!) along with Kotkham and Tanner at Fairfax Fare to wait for those who wouldn’t find the tower so terror filled.

DSC2052-L.jpg

Kotkham saw the Photopass photographer set up shop in the street and she marched herself over to get some photos taken.

i-FTHLZkz-L.jpg

i-km8QT34-L.jpg

As she finished taking her pictures, Franklin, Lala and Keith came back to the table. Was it that quick of a ride? Nope, the wait time flipped from 30 to 70 minutes as they walked up to the ride. Yuck!

Franklin and I took the opportunity to take a few pictures of our own.

i-W8zQDst-L.jpg

i-hdFj52H-L.jpg

We looked at our watches, our TSM Fastpasses would come due soon. So we decided to truck back over to Pixar Place for one more ride before our lunch ADR.
On our way we stopped for some more photos.

i-RvqJ6JG-L.jpg

i-vgvds7v-L.jpg

This is where we took my favorite photo from the entire trip!

i-NrXn9r6-L.jpg

Isn't Tanner just the cutest?!!? This is where we'll finish for now. We've got another go-round of TSM fun coming up, plus a whole afternoon of DHS fun!

Great update with lots of fun character meets. I love the way Tanner interacts with all of them.

The picture of Kotkham acting scared in front of ToT is adorable!

Looking forward to reading more about your day at HS, and LUNCH!

Oh goodness, all these pictures are just too cute!!! I especially love how excited Lala and Kotkham look. And people think Disney magic is reserved for the kids!

I can totally see why that last photo is your favorite. Perfect. :goodvibes

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures! :)

Awesome update! I'm glad Tanner loved the characters so much.

Thanks Kel! We were so happy that Tanner took to the characters so quickly!

Great update with lots of fun character meets. I love the way Tanner interacts with all of them.

The picture of Kotkham acting scared in front of ToT is adorable!

Looking forward to reading more about your day at HS, and LUNCH!

The character blitz was totally unplanned but so much fun! The funny thing is we didn't notice Tanner's obsession with the characters' noses until we were flipping through the photos later on.

I love that picture of Kotkham too!

Oh goodness, all these pictures are just too cute!!! I especially love how excited Lala and Kotkham look. And people think Disney magic is reserved for the kids!

I can totally see why that last photo is your favorite. Perfect. :goodvibes

Thanks Marissa! It's so funny how Disney can bring out the excitement in the adults. You get totally swept up in the magic and it is awesome. :goodvibes

Before we settle in for our next chapter, we first have a cute picture of Franklin in his new Dole Whip shirt.

scaled.php

Seriously, how cute is that shirt?

We last left off with a fun photo session on our way over to Pixar Place. It was time to use our Toy Story Mania fastpasses!

DSC2060-L.jpg

We moved really quickly through the FP queue, I think we only waited about 15 minutes.

DSC2069-L.jpg

Soon we were loading into our car. Look! It’s Wheezy, we’ve never ridden in his car before.

DSC2072-L.jpg

DSC2080-L.jpg

DSC2083-L.jpg

So did I do it? Did I FINALLY beat Franklin at TSM?

DSC2085-L.jpg

Well no, but I did post a much better score than I had that morning. Oh well, maybe next time. But at least we had fun!

DSC2094-L.jpg

Goodbye giant board games, we’ll see you on the next trip.

DSC2097-L.jpg

It was time to head over to Sci-Fi Dine-In for lunch. Since our pack can sometimes move slowly with the scooter and the stroller, I went ahead to check us in. The restaurant had just opened, so they said it would only be a few minutes until we were seated. I did noticed a couple of people attempt to get a table without an ADR. The hostess explained that if you want to eat without an ADR, they could seat you at one of the picnic tables in the back of the restaurant, not at any of the cars. So if you find yourself without somewhere to eat at DHS, head over to Sci-Fi early and you just may be able to snag a table.

We had an ADR, of course. So we were quickly seated in our very own car!

DSC2103-L.jpg

Tanner was very happy to have his cold bottle of milk.

DSC2104-L.jpg

I just love the atmosphere in this restaurant, there’s just nowhere else like it!

DSC2106-L.jpg

Franklin ordered a cherry Coke, which he loves at Sci-Fi because there’s always more cherries than Coke.

DSC2107-L.jpg

I was boring and ordered an iced tea.

DSC2108-L.jpg

We also split the buffalo chicken potato skins.

DSC2119-L.jpg

Tanner LOVED the movie screen and all the cars, he was just so happy to be there.

DSC2111-L.jpg

DSC2113-L.jpg

DSC2121-L.jpg

DSC2125-L.jpg

DSC2133-L.jpg

Franklin ordered the ribeye steak.

DSC2139-L.jpg

I had the burger.

DSC2142-L.jpg

So did Keith.

DSC2140-L.jpg

And I think Lala and Kotkham shared the turkey sandwich.

DSC2141-L.jpg

I’m almost ashamed to say this, but we were too full for an ice cream sundae. Holy Sci-Fi blasphemy Batman! I don’t know what to say. It was a hot day, we’d been running around and we just weren’t hungry for dessert.

The question comes up almost daily on the boards, Sci-Fi or 50s Primetime Cafe? My standard answer is this: The food at 50s PTC is better but the atmosphere is better at Sci-Fi. Our lunch at Sci-Fi reinforced the idea. Lunch at Sci-Fi was good, not the greatest food in WDW, but good nonetheless. And the atmosphere is so much fun and well worth the price of a meal.

With full bellies, we headed out for an afternoon of fun at DHS!

DSC2143-L.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter