Pedometers - Recommendations

Happy Mom2

DIS Veteran
I'd like to purchase a pedometer, and found three in completely different price ranges and with a range of functions. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of them, or if there are any others someone might recommend.

Omron HJ-720ITC Omron Pedometer With Software

Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer

Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker

Thanks! :goodvibes

I have the Omron HJ-720ITC and I really like it. It's very accurate, even loose in a pocket.

I have the Omron HJ-112 and it works great and does everything that I need it to do -- all I am doing is tracking steps and use myfitnesspal for everything else. I use it in my pocket, too.

Congratulations on taking steps to become more active! :thumbsup2 (Sorry for the pun!)

I have the flat Omron (don't know the #) but I love the fact that it is so flat that I wear it everyday to work in my dress pants. it is wonderful

i got the fitbit yesterday--and i already love it. i have a Omron HJ-112 and I found that it wasn't picking up on all my steps. it was hard to stay motivated when i knew it wasn't tracking correctly. the fitbit evens counts steps on the elliptical--which my old one couldn't pick up at all.
sorry--can you tell i love it so far?
the sleep tracking is neat too. i slept horribly last night--so i really gave it a workout. let me know if you have any other questions. i've done a lot of research in the last 30 hours.
can you tell i'm a little obsessed?

I have a FitBit and I love it! I love how small it is and that it uploads wirelessly to my computer. :thumbsup2

i got the fitbit yesterday--and i already love it. let me know if you have any other questions. i've done a lot of research in the last 30 hours.
can you tell i'm a little obsessed?

I have a FitBit and I love it! I love how small it is and that it uploads wirelessly to my computer. :thumbsup2

Please tell all about the fitbit!!! I had a Sportbrain some years back and really really found the interactive, web-based reports extremely motivating. Now that I'm back on the healthy wagon, the sportbrain seems to be obsolete and their website isn't working.

I'm looking for something similiarly geeky that will keep me motivated to move.

Please tell all about the fitbit!!! I had a Sportbrain some years back and really really found the interactive, web-based reports extremely motivating. Now that I'm back on the healthy wagon, the sportbrain seems to be obsolete and their website isn't working.

I'm looking for something similiarly geeky that will keep me motivated to move.

I had a SportBrain too. :) If you liked it you will love the Fitbit.

I had a SportBrain too. :) If you liked it you will love the Fitbit.

You're slowly selling me :cheer2:

mentioned that my Sportbrain was several years ago.....back when the membership was free and customer service was stellar. I needed to replace the Brain and found out that it was no longer under warranty and that I would also have to pay for a membership in order to access the website and dropped it.

Do you have the premium membership for fitbit or do you find that the free membership is enough? My health at this point is poor enough that I might be willing to pay for useful extras, but I don't need to be throwing money around willy-nilly either, ya know?

You're slowly selling me :cheer2:

mentioned that my Sportbrain was several years ago.....back when the membership was free and customer service was stellar. I needed to replace the Brain and found out that it was no longer under warranty and that I would also have to pay for a membership in order to access the website and dropped it.

Do you have the premium membership for fitbit or do you find that the free membership is enough? My health at this point is poor enough that I might be willing to pay for useful extras, but I don't need to be throwing money around willy-nilly either, ya know?

I have the free membership and it is plenty for me.

What would you recommend in an economical model? I don't need it to work with my computer or any bells and whistles, I just want it to tell me the number of steps and the miles accurately. My current very economical model seems to count 30 steps for every one I take!

I have the software Omron. can't use it anymore as I've ditched Windows. The Fitbit is too expensive. I'm looking for a simple one that counts distance and has a stopwatch. Doesn't need anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter