Pedometer?

JDiva02

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever worn a pedometer while at WDW to get an acutal clock of how many miles they walked in a day?

Just wondering....

Lee

I did at the now infamous August 24th Pirate & Princess Party. Where it rained and rained. We had a splendid time, by the way!

However, I put my pedometer on right as we left our room at Coronado Springs and by the time the 5 hours was up I had walked 5.2 miles.

We're going back for 5 days in Sept. and I cant' wait to see what a whole day at Epcot is going to be!

Blessings!
Mark

yep, just back and we did the miles. Epcot and Ak being the highest. The range was 8-13.:yay:

I'll be doing it for the first time this weekend. I got a free pedometer in a promotion where I "took the pledge" and promised to eat healthier and take good care of my body. I'm almost afraid to wear it, though. We walk EVERYWHERE at Disney World. We need something to do for a couple of hours? Walk around World Showcase!! The boat just left from MGM to Epcot? Take the walkway!! Need a snack before the next Off Kilter set starts, walk way over to China for egg rolls!! Staying offsite and want dinner? Walk to Old Town!!

I have been wearing it at home during the day. I walk a mile just going up and down stairs, vacuuming, doing laundry, etc. I am so dreading seeing what we do at Disney World.

I wore one and recorded it every night. It was usually between 8-13 miles a day. It's always fun to see how far I walk in a day at WDW! Plus it makes me not so upset when I was having dessert on the dining plan!!:lmao:

I am going to wear one when we go in October. Have you ever had a problem setting your stride on those things? I have a really nice one, my husband got me for Chirstmas...I know, strange gift, but not for me! I run several miles a day outside...when the weather is not so flipping hot! Anyway, I have tracked it in the car and I was going like 5.5 miles, and the pedometer said like 3.3. I had to do a little conversion proportion (sorry, I am a math teacher) and I figured out how far I was going each day...but I would like to set the stride correctly...I realized that when I was pushing the jog stroller, my pace was shorter and when my husband was running with me and he was pushing the jog stroller, obviously the pace was longer! AND...when I run ,my pace is much longer than when I am walking...so I am just trying to find a good way to measure my stride! Sorry for the long-windedness!

I am going to wear one when we go in October. Have you ever had a problem setting your stride on those things? I have a really nice one, my husband got me for Chirstmas...I know, strange gift, but not for me! I run several miles a day outside...when the weather is not so flipping hot! Anyway, I have tracked it in the car and I was going like 5.5 miles, and the pedometer said like 3.3. I had to do a little conversion proportion (sorry, I am a math teacher) and I figured out how far I was going each day...but I would like to set the stride correctly...I realized that when I was pushing the jog stroller, my pace was shorter and when my husband was running with me and he was pushing the jog stroller, obviously the pace was longer! AND...when I run ,my pace is much longer than when I am walking...so I am just trying to find a good way to measure my stride! Sorry for the long-windedness!

I've had this problem, the only way to correct it other than using math, is to buy a pedometer that has different settings. Then you set it for a walking stride, a running stride, etc. and depending on what you are doing, that is what button you push. Otherwise, it is always wrong.

I've worn one, but I've always wondered something. Does the bouncing around on the bus or the rides add steps you're not really taking. I always say I'm going to check it just before and just after a ride, but I always forget. Maybe I don't want to know the answer - I use all those miles as an excuse for extra dessert.

I might just need to get a new pedometer that has the setings! Thanks! I am going to look into it ASAP

We did last trip and the top amount was like 21 miles. That was the day we did MGM -- walked to Boardwalk and then went all around DTD (that was supposed to be our "off" day LOL!

And to answer the previous poster's question ours only recorded actual walking. It DID NOT record the bus, rides etc.

I'm sure we'll be doing it again in January!

We're going 9/2-9/6 and we just picked up pedometers on clearance at Target. Planning to wear them from the time we land in FL until we board the plane to come back home.

I've been wearing pedometers to WDW for years. I like to record my milage each day.

My average is about 7-8 miles per day, with Epcot averaging about 9-11. The max I;ve ever walked in a single day at WDW was way back in 1999 - 21.8 miles, on April 22. That was a multip-park day, starting at Epcot, then going to MK, resort hopping to WL, and finishing up with some time at MGM for Fantasmic.

My individual trip reports include my milage for each day (along with my drive milage and the high and low temps):
http://willcad.org/disney_trips.html

I've worn one, but I've always wondered something. Does the bouncing around on the bus or the rides add steps you're not really taking. I always say I'm going to check it just before and just after a ride, but I always forget. Maybe I don't want to know the answer - I use all those miles as an excuse for extra dessert.

Most of the time it will count as a step. Especially when it is a less expensive one.

I have worn a pedometer and I am always amazed at the miles I put on it. We have a rule--15 miles or no dessert! We always stay at BWI and walk to MGM and EPCOT. We have gone as high as 20 miles in one day. That was a day when we walked to MGM and back and then to Epcot and back and everything in between.
Deb

I would love to do this when we go to WDW next month, can someone suggest a good pedometer to buy. Thanks in advance.

Id like to know a good pedometer as well...id like one with settings...anyone one have prices and where to buy it???

I have a Walking Advantage by Sportline. I bought it at a Dick's for around $30. I like it because it turns itself off when the cover is closed to save on battery life. Also it is very easy to program.
Deb

I got the "Walking Shop" by Sportline at Target on clearance for $6.13 this week. They had alot of them on clearance there and you can find them in the sporting goods section. Mine tracks steps, calories and distance and includes a clock and has the protective cover closing too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter