• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pediatric urgent treatment?

SEC

Mouseketeer
We are here now and our daughter is sick. I remember someone posting that they had used a pederiTric urgent treatment center. Any info appreciTed

We are here now and our daughter is sick. I remember someone posting that they had used a pederiTric urgent treatment center. Any info appreciTed

Are you staying onsite? I would go down to the front desk and ask for the manager. Tell them what type of help/facilty you want and ask them to assist you (information, calling a taxi, whatever) to get to the place. I understand that calling from your room may take you to a call center, not the front desk of your resort, and you may not get the best help by calling.

It's been a good while ago, but we have used Doctors on Call at least twice for our kids. You can find them at http://www.doctorsoncallservice.com/
407-399-3627

They come right to your resort room, day or night, 24hrs. They even bring meds with them.

Hope your daughter feels better!:wizard:

I used a company that came to the resort (we were at the Dolphin) called East Coast Medical. 407-648-5252. They came to the room and my insurance (an HMO) reimbursed me for it all! Great doctors, and it was so nice to just let my child wait in bed (turned out one had an ear infection; the other got strep the same trip).

Good luck and please post an update. I hope your daughter recovers quickly enough to enjoy her special trip. :goodvibes

That stinks! I would go down to concierge and ask them, or at the first aid station in the park. Not sure if Celebration Hospital has an urgent care within it or not. Best of luck and I hope your child gets healthy soon!

We've used the LBV CentraCare before & would again. They have peds & are connected to FL Hospital. They also accepted our insurance which was a big plus.

Celebrations Hospital is a great place - and we speak from experience. We've had to use the ER twice during our stays.

I was there last October and used the Celebration Hospital. My 19 year old son had infections in both ears. He's not pediatric but we got great care in the Emergency Room...
Hope everything is alright.

Bette

Just got back from pop on oct. 8th. Our son ran a fever and had a sore throat . He is 10. We went down to the front desk and they gave us a pamplet on centracare. We took him and they gave him a shot and antibiotics. He had strep. He was feeling 100% better the next morning. The next day we took our other son, they said he possibly had a sinus infection, but no strep. He got antibiotics too. The visits were covered by our insurance. They were very nice.Hope your little one feels better soon.

I've got to ask OP - why did you take time to log on to the Dis when you could have called or visited the front desk and gotten an immediate answer and hopefully immediate help for your DD? It would never occur to me to go to a message board and ask for help in an urgent-need situation, especially when staying at a hotel/resort.

I hope your DD is feeling better.

2 years ago my daughter got a real bad case of the croup. We tried going to that urgent care (Centr Care), and it felt like a third world country ER. They said the wait was like 4 hours. So we ended up taking her to Regional Sands Hospital. They had a great ER and we were seen and out I'd say in about an hour or so. So if we ever had another illness we would go there in an instance.

I've got to ask OP - why did you take time to log on to the Dis when you could have called or visited the front desk and gotten an immediate answer and hopefully immediate help for your DD? It would never occur to me to go to a message board and ask for help in an urgent-need situation, especially when staying at a hotel/resort.

They may not be on disney property - if they are staying at a rental or somewhere where they may not have great confidence in the people working the desk overnight (and some places have noone), then I don't blame them for checking the DisBoard where they are sure to get info from people who have needed care in the past - and possibly be steered away from one place and toward another...

Or, they are looking for opinions of people who have used the dr's around there. Who knows if the front desks are getting some sort of referral fee? When I was looking for a dentist I asked around to my "friends". Maybe they are doing the same thing?

i agree. I'd call 911 depending on the situation, or look in the yello wpages. also, if you have the ability to post on this site at 1:30am, i'm sure there is the ability to go online and look for local places.

They may not be on disney property - if they are staying at a rental or somewhere where they may not have great confidence in the people working the desk overnight (and some places have noone), then I don't blame them for checking the DisBoard where they are sure to get info from people who have needed care in the past - and possibly be steered away from one place and toward another...
again, if you can post online at that time, you should be able to look online for locations. i'd not worry about waiting for soemone to respond here.

Or, they are looking for opinions of people who have used the dr's around there. Who knows if the front desks are getting some sort of referral fee? When I was looking for a dentist I asked around to my "friends". Maybe they are doing the same thing?
when you have an emergency that you need to post at 1:30am, I think the last thing you are concerned about is a referral. I could care less if there is one or not, I want to get my kids checked out. If I can post online, then I can certainly look online for a local place, and possibly reviews, rather than wait who know how long for several posts to come in, or the post listing the place you wanted to know.

EDIT.. since One can guess that being able to post on this board, ther is a high chance one can go online to look at something else, doing a simple Google search for "pediatric urgent care near disney" yields these results:

1) http://www.mousesavers.com/otherwdw.html#medical
2) http://examiner.com/disney-travel-i...harmacies-near-walt-disney-world?render=print

i agree. I'd call 911 depending on the situation, or look in the yello wpages. also, if you have the ability to post on this site at 1:30am, i'm sure there is the ability to go online and look for local places.

again, if you can post online at that time, you should be able to look online for locations. i'd not worry about waiting for soemone to respond here.

when you have an emergency that you need to post at 1:30am, I think the last thing you are concerned about is a referral. I could care less if there is one or not, I want to get my kids checked out. If I can post online, then I can certainly look online for a local place, and possibly reviews, rather than wait who know how long for several posts to come in, or the post listing the place you wanted to know.

Perhaps it wasn't an emergency? I certainly wouldn't call 911 for a sore throat or ear infection. Personally, I would not pick a health clinic out of the yellow pages either but that's just me. Certainly, it it was a true emergency she would have treated it as such. She said her child was sick and looking for information. Not sure why people had to question that??? :confused3

I'll admit, I didn't think about them staying offsite since the OP said, "We're here now" I thought they meant that they are onsite. I guess it would make some sense if they were in one of the situations you mentioned, but I still don't think it would occur to me to go to a message board and hope someone was online who could give me their opinion/suggestions. If I really didn't know where to take my DD when she needed urgent care, my instinct would be to call the local non-emergency police number and ask them. I come from a family of firefighters & EMT's so I'm sure that is out of the ordinary, but it's what I would do.

When I was looking for a dentist I asked around to my "friends". Maybe they are doing the same thing?

This is supposedly an urgent care issue. I wouldn't think that there would be time to gather opinions, especially from a message board in the middle of the night. The OP received 2 responses within 2 hours of posting and one of the responses was for a care center that unfortunately, had already closed. The next suggestion wasn't posted until 5 hours after the OP posted. I'm hopeful that the OP didn't wait that long to get their DD medical attention.

Asking for urgent care recommendations does not mean there is a dire emergency. Her daughter could have just been running a low grade fever, or had a stomach ache, or a strange rash, or a million other things that you'd see urgent care for if you were too far away to see you regular doctor. I went to urgent care in Disney on my honeymoon for a urinary tract infection...if I had been home, I'd have gone to my regular doctor. And while I was getting up to pee every half hour in the middle of the night, if my new DH had known about DisBoards and had the laptop hooked up, he may very well have posted saying "my new wife is sick, we're here now - anyone know an urgent care place where we can go?" then we would have gone there first thing in the morning. And, as you can see from the time of the posts, it didn't take very long at all for hem to get an answer.
I have no doubt that if there were a true emergency the OP would have dialed 911 and this thread would not exist.
No need for all the innuendo that the OP is being negligent with her DD's well being! Yeesh!

Asking for urgent care recommendations does not mean there is a dire emergency. Her daughter could have just been running a low grade fever, or had a stomach ache, or a strange rash, or a million other things that you'd see urgent care for if you were too far away to see you regular doctor. I went to urgent care in Disney on my honeymoon for a urinary tract infection...if I had been home, I'd have gone to my regular doctor. And while I was getting up to pee every half hour in the middle of the night, if my new DH had known about DisBoards and had the laptop hooked up, he may very well have posted saying "my new wife is sick, we're here now - anyone know an urgent care place where we can go?" then we would have gone there first thing in the morning. And, as you can see from the time of the posts, it didn't take very long at all for hem to get an answer.
I have no doubt that if there were a true emergency the OP would have dialed 911 and this thread would not exist.
No need for all the innuendo that the OP is being negligent with her DD's well being! Yeesh!

I agree. And, I hope the OP will come back to say if she used advice from the disboards, and how it went with her DD. Hope she is feeling better. :hug:

I'm sure if she didn't get a quick respose she'd have quickly found an alternative. I have come here for advice because of how fast you get a response. I think disboards is often faster than a google search!
mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter