• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pedals Pool Bar

cbear5

Earning My Ears
What type of beverages are available at the POP pool bar? Are they way over priced? I am just wondering if I am better off making a stop at the liquor store!

Thanks,
Carrie

They are just like going to a regular bar ( I am from Maryland), maybe like a quarter more but nothing significant. I would just say if you want to stop at a liquor store then you can, but the prics are just like what I pay for a beer around here in MD...

When I was there in 2006 Petals offered drinks that were "specialties" to Pop Century like the Lava Lamp and Hoo-la-hoop. I don't really remember what they were exactly. But Petals also offered drinks that were served around the World.

A mixed drink generally cost about $7.25 - $7.50-ish if you didn't get the mug. I think beers ranged depending on what beer it was. My ex always got Corona and I think they were like $5 or so a bottle.

I wouldn't suggest drinking a lot in WDW because it is so hot and alcohol dehydrates you. So I don't know if you really wanna get your own bottle of liquor. I also think that since you are on vacation you should try some of the drinks that they offer there (not just at Petals but all over the World).

FYI if you wanted to buy a bottle of liquor at the hotel, be prepared. A friend once bought a 350 ml bottle of Segrams and it was like $10.

When I was there in 2006 Petals offered drinks that were "specialties" to Pop Century like the Lava Lamp and Hoo-la-hoop. I don't really remember what they were exactly. But Petals also offered drinks that were served around the World.

Got to love the Lava Lamps (blue) and Hula Hoops (oragne-ish)!
DSC02804-1.jpg

I love the Hula Hoops so much that DH hd to get the recipe...
1 ounce Malibu Rum
1/2 ounce Banana Liquor
1/2 ounce Melon Liquor
3 ounces Pineapple Juice
Splash of Grenadine

Served on the rocks! :drinking1

Carrie - it depends on what your consumption plans are. If you are going to have a drink or 2 during your stay, no biggie. But if your consumption plans are more along the lines of a couple beers a night, then it would be worth making a stop.

Hey you are on vacation! Have a ball!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter