Pecos Bills or Cosmic Rays

maclark93

Earning My Ears
We wanted to try a different counter service at Magic Kingdom. We usually eat at Columbia Harbour House and was thinking about Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Rays. Any help??

I personally would go for Pecos Bills! We really enjoy their food and the atmosphere. The toppings bar is also really nice.
When we dined at Cosmic Ray's, it was chaos! My mom is a diabetic, and she had a low blood sugar in line while waiting for her food. Because there are so many bays, we had trouble finding the rest of our group, and it was just so busy and hectic. I personally, would not go back there again. Just too much going on, and it's really a pain if everyone wants something different.

After a couple of less than stellar experiences at Pecos Bill we had marked it off our list. We ended up eating there on our trip last week. I really enjoyed it. DH and DS's burgers were good, the last couple of times they had been dry. I got the taco salad and it was really good too. The biggest con for this place is finding seating. We walked around with our food for a long time before we ever found a place to sit. We like Cosmic Rays too but wanted something a little different, that's why we headed to PB.

We ate at PB 2x during our last trip. We enjoyed the food and really liked the toppings bar. Especially the cheese sauce for the fries :banana: The burger buns were fine once but dry the second time. Typical fast food but that's ok with us ;)

We like both places

The best thing about CRs is the variety. I think the different lines can make it more complicated (if your group splits up). But it's a nice change from just burgers

PBs is fine too. As someone else mentioned seating can be an issue.

IMO best bet is to eat in an "off" hour (we aim for 11 am) and then pick a place that either appeals to you (see allears menu) or is near where you happen to be.

If you are really hungry, Cosmic rays. If it is really hot, we love the taco salad and toppings bar at Peco's Bills (same at El pirata). It seems just right and you can really doll it up with all the available toppings. The burgers and such are good too, but we tend not to eat burgers when there are so many other options! :goodvibes

We wanted to try a different counter service at Magic Kingdom. We usually eat at Columbia Harbour House and was thinking about Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Rays. Any help??

I like both as long as you're eating an early lunch. We don't like how crowded they both get. My kids have enjoyed eating at Cosmic Rays more because of the "show." We get a table right up front. Plus it feels less crowded. Both have topping bars. Can't remember if they're different. I seem to think they might have one thing different.

I like both equally. Where we eat all depends on where we are at lunchtime. If we are around Tomorrowland, we head to Cosmic Ray's. If we're in Frontierland, then Peco Bill's it is!!

Incidentally, the last time we went, we at at Pecos Bill, but not Cosmic Ray's. We ate at Columbia Harbour House for the first time and loved it! This will make our choices harder next time. :confused3

I like Cosmic Rays for lunch (the turkey bacon wrap is yum), but the downside is that it can be very busy and if you want different things, you have to order at different windows. The food at Pecos is ehh in my opinion, but the toppings bar is a big plus.

Pecos Bills is our only must do counter service @ MK. I love the atmosphere in the dining area. The fixins bar is great. And if you time it right you walk out to a parade.

I've done Pecos Bill's once and wasn't too impressed. Might try again this trip since they have the new Angus burger. It wasn't bad, but my family prefers Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

But I guess, really it should depend on what side of the park you are one when you are hungry.

We love both, for different items. So you can't go wrong with either.
Take a look at the menus and see what is more appealing to you, as they do offer some different items.
(of course both have the burger)

We Love Pecos Bills! Cosmic Rays is good but it was so loud! I like the darker interior of Pecos! It gives it that calmer feel! Its burgers are great.... especially when you put a big heap of sauteed mushrooms on it!

I personally would go for Pecos Bills! We really enjoy their food and the atmosphere. The toppings bar is also really nice.
When we dined at Cosmic Ray's, it was chaos! My mom is a diabetic, and she had a low blood sugar in line while waiting for her food. Because there are so many bays, we had trouble finding the rest of our group, and it was just so busy and hectic. I personally, would not go back there again. Just too much going on, and it's really a pain if everyone wants something different.

I couldn't agree more....we ate at Cosmic Rays once and even though the food was good, we just hated the fact that it was really crowded AND since my family all like different things, I hated standing in different lines to order the different types of food. We really enjoy Pecos Bills....the fixings bar is really really good. Both of my DDs and I love to get the taco salad there and my DH loves the pulled pork sandwich. We love to switch out between Pecos Bills and CHH for either lunch or dinner. Plus if you can't find a seat downstairs, there is an upstairs that is hardly crowded (kind of like CHH). Have a great time.

I vote for Cosmic Rays. The variety is nice and it's neat to sit in the area where the piano player alien is.

The rotisserie chicken dish there tastes just like Boston Market.

I've eaten at Pecos Bills just once - it was super crowded and the fixin's bar was messy and a little gross - so we haven't been back.

Cosmic Rays.We used to enjoy Pecos Bills, but the last few times we ate there it was BLECH

I love both, I can't choose! We usually try to do both when we go to MK. The cheeseburger with BBQ and onion rings at Pecos Bills is SO GOOD and the toppings bar with sauteed onions and mushrooms is great. But I also love the 1/2 rotisserie chicken meal at Cosmic Ray's with the mashed potatoes and veggies :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter