Pecan Pie Recipe

I love Pioneer Woman's Pecan Pie. It's sooo easy. Believe me, if I can make it without screwing up it MUST be easy. ;) My family now requests it for every holiday. The recipe on her website has step by step instructions with pics.

I love Pioneer Woman's Pecan Pie. It's sooo easy. Believe me, if I can make it without screwing up it MUST be easy. ;) My family now requests it for every holiday. The recipe on her website has step by step instructions with pics.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/11/pecan-pie/

That looks yummy and is very similar if not the exact recipe I use. Pecan pies are easy, they look hard and I was terrified the first time I made on, I thought there had to be more to it. I want one NOW. (Stomps foot and pouts)

The Karo Syrup Pecan pie recipe is our favorite:

Cooking Time: 50-55
Servings: 8
Preparation Time: 5

3 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup Karo Light or Dark Corn Syrup
2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups pecans
1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen deep-dish pie crust

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350F.

In medium bowl with fork beat eggs slightly. Add sugar, Karo, margarine and vanilla; stir until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust.

Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

• The following recipe I found while watching cooks country by random change in tv channels.It almost started a huge fight at thanksgiving this year..:rotfl2:
  • somehow the conversation turned to pecan pies. My hubby said that "I" found this great recipe for pecan pie, that he watched this show where they explained that karo syrup recipes were 'pushed' on cooks a LONG time ago to make things simple, but karo really has no flavor other than sweet.
  • wellllllll his sister said they always use "grandmas" recipe,, which had karo.:stir:
  • so now hubby wants me to make this for the next gathering,, which is christmas eve....:bitelip:
Directions:

1. 1
    Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. 2
    Place oven rack to the lowest position.
  3. 3
    Over medium heat stir together the maple syrup, sugar, cream and molasses stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves, 3 to 5 minutes.
  4. 4
    Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
  5. 5
    Whisk in butter and salt.
  6. 6
    Whisk in egg yolks until well combined.
  7. 7
    Remove pie shell from fridge.
  8. 8
    Scatter pecans evenly and slowly pour in syrup mixture.
  9. 9
    Place pie in center of rack, reduce heat to 325 degrees.
  10. 10
    Bake until center jiggles slightly when gently shaken, between 45 and 60 minutes. You may need to make a foil tent if your oven runs hot-you dont want the nuts or crust to burn.
  11. 11
    Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 1 to 2 hours.
  12. 12
    Chill for at least 3 hours.

I found this in the 1956 Betty Crocker Cookbook, and I prefer it over the Karo Syrup version.

Southern Chess Pie

(Makes one 8" pie)

1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp flour
2 eggs
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup pecans (or walnuts)

1. Mix melted butter with eggs
2. Add both sugars. Stir until well blended.
3. Add milk, vanilla, and flour.
4. Stir in nuts.

Pour mixture into a pastry lined pan. Bake just until set for 40 - 50 minutes at 375 degrees. Serve slightly warm, plain or with whipped cream.

I like the texture of the butter and sugar versus the Karo Syrup, but that's just my opinion. I don't think you can go wrong with any type of pecan pie.

Enjoy!

The BEST pie my sister makes this every thanksgiving :

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-bourbon-pecan-pie/

here it is :

Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie

Ingredients:

1 (9 inch) pie shell

1 cup white sugar

1 cup light corn syrup

1/2 cup butter

4 eggs, beaten

1/4 cup bourbon

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon salt

6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

1 cup chopped pecans

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees F).

In a small saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter or margarine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter or margarine melts and sugar dissolves. Cool slightly.

In a large bowl combine eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Slowly pour sugar mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.

Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set and golden. May be served warm or chilled

My family swears by the Karo syrup recipe, although my aunt used to mix it up a bit. She would make one with the clear/light Karo syrup and one with the dark. They tasted very different.

I don't have the link.....will look for it......for a sweet potato pecan pie from Pappadeaux. It sounds odd, but is great. Looks like a regular pecan pie from the outside, but the filling has sweet potato in it and that "cuts the sweet," so to speak. Faint sweet potato flavor, but not overwhelming. It's delicious.

I agree! I just use the recipe right off of the bottle and everyone loves it.

1 1/4 cups pecans

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350F.

In medium bowl with fork beat eggs slightly. Add sugar, Karo, margarine and vanilla; stir until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust.

Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

I've never made it before (or still actually) until this year. I found this EASY one: http://www.smuckers.com/Recipes/Details.aspx?recipeID=397

Basically it's eggs, smuckers caramel topping, butter, sugar and the nuts. My 4 1/2 year old made it himself it was so easy, lol!!

I'll be honest that I don't know how it compares to "real" pecan pie, but it couldn't have been easier!

I love pecan pie but for the past few years I have made one of the versions without Karo syrup and I must say, our entire family much prefers it that way. I use a recipe similar to the one given by pklein09. Just not as sticky sweet and I also prefer the texture.

I don't like pecan pie but hubby does along with anything maple. Found a maple pecan pie recipe and he swears by it. No Karo, just real maple syrup.

I find a lot of pecan pies to be too sweet because of the syrup. I use and love this recipe. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pecan-pie-v/detail.aspx I also like that I don't have to buy things I wouldn't normally have in the kitchen. It is a very fast and easy recipe and DELICIOUS! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans

1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
2.In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy, and stir in melted butter. Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar and the flour; mix well. Last add the milk, vanilla and nuts.
3.Pour into an unbaked 9-in pie shell. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done.

I made the Cook's Country one for Thanksgiving - it was delicious, I followed the recipe exactly...

The weird thing was it ... ooozed liquid... but the crust didnt get soggy, it was the weirdest thing! I made it early since we drove Thursday 5 hours, I wanted it cooled...

and my mom swears adding a Tablespoon of bourbon cuts the sweetness - well guess who now makes Maple flavored whiskey? Crown Royal! I had to buy it! it smells like maple, and it doesnt taste sweet! I'm going to try this recipe again, but I'm adding 1T of that whiskey!

• The following recipe I found while watching cooks country by random change in tv channels.It almost started a huge fight at thanksgiving this year..:rotfl2:
  • somehow the conversation turned to pecan pies. My hubby said that "I" found this great recipe for pecan pie, that he watched this show where they explained that karo syrup recipes were 'pushed' on cooks a LONG time ago to make things simple, but karo really has no flavor other than sweet.
  • wellllllll his sister said they always use "grandmas" recipe,, which had karo.:stir:
  • so now hubby wants me to make this for the next gathering,, which is christmas eve....:bitelip:
Directions:

1. 1
    Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. 2
    Place oven rack to the lowest position.
  3. 3
    Over medium heat stir together the maple syrup, sugar, cream and molasses stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves, 3 to 5 minutes.
  4. 4
    Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
  5. 5
    Whisk in butter and salt.
  6. 6
    Whisk in egg yolks until well combined.
  7. 7
    Remove pie shell from fridge.
  8. 8
    Scatter pecans evenly and slowly pour in syrup mixture.
  9. 9
    Place pie in center of rack, reduce heat to 325 degrees.
  10. 10
    Bake until center jiggles slightly when gently shaken, between 45 and 60 minutes. You may need to make a foil tent if your oven runs hot-you dont want the nuts or crust to burn.
  11. 11
    Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 1 to 2 hours.
  12. 12
    Chill for at least 3 hours.

I don't like pecan pie but hubby does along with anything maple. Found a maple pecan pie recipe and he swears by it. No Karo, just real maple syrup.

Usually my pies are either too mushy or overbaked, I hate when they are over baked, the filling is firm, but the crust is burnt - so I no longer prebake the crust!

The best one I ever had was from Taste of Home.
It was for Brownie Pecan Pie.
I don't care for reg PP, but this stuff was delicious!!
I will try to dig up the recipe if anyone is interested in it.

1 1/4 cups pecans

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350F.

we use this one too, but we use 1/2 cup light, 1/2 cup dark karo syrup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter