Pearl's Cottage

Jodi1980

<font color=FF00CC>Pixie Dust can even make a mood
What type of attraction is Pearl's Cottage?

Oh, good gravy!

Thank you for stumping me. I had to Google it, but I found out. (Wow, I really didn't know!)

Pearl's Cottage is in Frontierland, in the back near the petting zoo, which is just a short walk to the backside of Fantasyland.

It is that little cottage where the kids can color for free if supplies are out. Sometimes it's just Home on the Range pictures, other times it's been simple farm animal masks.

Pearl must be a character from Home on the Range (one of the few I've not seen yet). They themed the new-ish petting zoo to Home on the Range when it first opened.

It will have been almost 2 years since we have been to DL. Is the petting Zoo new? and what animals are in it?

Yes, the petting zoo is relatively new, less than two years old. It's small, but its just the right size for the wee ones.

Noelle is the star. She's a white horse who was born on Christmas day at DL in 2003 ( I think) . When she is out, she's in the first pen to the left as you enter. It's been fun watching her grow up with each of our visits. If you get lucky she'll let you pet her nose.

To the right past the entrance, is an enclosed area where parents and kids can chase kids (goats) and feed them and get great shots of a goat knocking over someone. To the back are a few other pens. One of which houses a sweet cow that likes to lick people.

They have other horses that we've seen as well.

And don't fear, they have a hand-washing station at the exit in case you get a slobbery cow kiss on your elbow.

I was in Disneyland a month ago... and I had no idea there was a petting zoo... *or* a place to color! I feel as if I have been missing out!

I shall be there next month, and I will be sure to pet some ponies :)

Thanks for the valuable information <3

Please note that the petting zoo has limited hours. They tend to close by about 4 or 5 pm daily.

I'm usually not there early ( :drinking1 then :faint: ) but I think it opens at 10 am or so.

I would have never known it was Pearl's Cottage...

I remember when it was just "the cabin" when it was the old Big Thunder Ranch...then, it was saved, and changed to Esmerelda's Cottage when the area transformed to Festival of Fools (Hunchback)...

That being said, I guess I never realized that they gave it a new name when they put the "ranch" back....

Learn something gnu everyday...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter