Pearl tier effect on current reservation

Debbru

DIS Veteran
We just booked the Bermuda cruise leaving on Sept. 9th. The reservation shows our activity booking date as May 12th (120 days). On May 1st when we get upgraded to Pearl, do you think that will then change our date to May 9th (123 days) ? Really want a Palo brunch reservation LOL!!!

Your CC status for a cruise is the status when you booked it. If you attain a higher level after booking you don't get moved up.

It may be based on PIF date, but I recall it as being booked date when we "levelled up" to Platinum.

Edited as this info is wrong and I'm tired of getting corrected. 🤣

Last edited:
Since this is a new level I'd assume it would update but it'll be interesting to see what actually happens. Its not like you haven't completed the requirements to meet pearl but just the system updating for the first time.

Regardless keep us posted!

I misunderstood. I thought you were going to get Peal status based on a new cruise, not that you had already sailed enough times for Pearl. It will be interesting to see how DCL's world class IT team manages that. 🤣

I misunderstood. I thought you were going to get Peal status based on a new cruise, not that you had already sailed enough times for Pearl. It will be interesting to see how DCL's world class IT team manages that. 🤣
We currently have 32 DCL cruises - so I would hope that it changes automatically. But you're right about their "world class" IT team -- it'll probably downgrade us to gold and change our Palo booking date to 90 days LOL!!!

Your CC status for a cruise is the status when you booked it. If you attain a higher level after booking you don't get moved up.
Actually, CC status should be dynamic. It should change immediately. If one has 4 prior cruises and therefore Silver, and that person has 2 cruises booked in the future (#5 and #6), as soon as the 5th is completed status changes to Gold for the 6th (which was already booked).

@Debbru your status should reflect Pearl automatically. Hopefully Disney IT has had enough lead time to get that right for you!

Actually, CC status should be dynamic. It should change immediately. If one has 4 prior cruises and therefore Silver, and that person has 2 cruises booked in the future (#5 and #6), as soon as the 5th is completed status changes to Gold for the 6th (which was already booked).

@Debbru your status should reflect Pearl automatically. Hopefully Disney IT has had enough lead time to get that right for you!
I'm pretty sure that our level will automatically change to Pearl on the reservation - just not so sure about it moving up the Palo booking date by 3 days. This should be interesting.

I have a Magic cruise booked for September and was told when I booked it that my status would automatically update to Pearl when the new tier goes into effect on May 1.

Yes, you're right, on completion.

Ir's been a while since this happened for me and I guess I'm fuzzy on the details.

We recently had this happen. We upgraded to gold and 11 days later our next cruise booking window for gold opened. While it immediately changed in our profiles, it did not immediately update in our booked cruise. I called and they manually updated it. They said the system takes several weeks to catch up.
Thank you for this update - looks like I’ll be calling between 5/1 & 5/9 to get this updated. I really want that 3 day head start for Palo brunch.

Thank you for this update - looks like I’ll be calling between 5/1 & 5/9 to get this updated. I really want that 3 day head start for Palo brunch.
With the longer cruise, you shouldn't have a problem getting Palo brunch especially if you book right at your opening window (even at platinum). Congrats on Pearl. Unless I add yet another cruise before Bermuda, it will be #24 for me.

It may be based on PIF date, but I recall it as being booked date when we "levelled up" to Platinum.
Not true! I booked two sailings as Gold, then achieved platinum in Dec 2022 and about a week after we got off the ship in Dec 2022, I called DCL and they immediately changed the booking dates for my cruises that I had booked and at least one was already PIF when I did this.

Good luck and if you don’t see it after May 1 you may want to call them after a few days if you don’t see it in your booking info.

OP here - update. On April 30th our castaway club accounts changed to pearl. Our September 9th cruise changed our checkin date to 40 days & our activity date to 123 days. ALL AUTOMATICALLY!!! I never expected this to go so smoothly & a day early too LOL 👍

This is not true! I have booked three cruises while Gold, then obtained platinum and have gotten all platinum status for booking activities and online check in. Dcl even told me that once I achieve the next status it will apply automatically and it did. My sailing this week is one I booked as gold but did activity booking as platinum etc.

We are Pearl, and the date for us to book activities for our September does now indicate 123 days ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter