Peanut butter and heartburn

ge0rgette2

DIS Veteran
Does anyone feel sick after eating peanut butter?

I've eaten peanut butter almost all my life -- every day for lunch growing up --- but lately, the past 2 1/2 years, everytime I eat it, it sends my digestion off the charts.. I feel sick.

I know that I have had my gallbladder removed around the same time - could the natural oils of the peanuts - maybe the fat content - bother me?

I've found this with peanutbutter and red meats, mostly ground beef.

Thanks!

Peanut butter bothers me occasionally but, actually, I think I've narrowed it down to a PB&J sandwich. Something about the whole mixture gives me an upset stomach. I used to eat them all the time. If I eat PB plain, or on a piece of fruit, it doesn't bother. Also, when I was at Disney last week, I ordered a kids meal at Typhoon Lagoon. It was the PB&J Uncrustable and it didn't bother me at all.:confused3

Hmmm! :confused3

I actually haven't bought PB in a while cause only my older kid, 21, eats it. My 9yo doesn't care for it, nor my husband. He doesn't eat it unless I buy it, my 21 yo, so I just haven't bought it. He hasn't asked..

Hmm, hmm, hmmm!! It just seems to really screw up my digestion... Even shelled peanuts, but I can eat a snickers LMAO!!! :) maybe they use a different peanut! :laughing:

Hmmm! :confused3

I actually haven't bought PB in a while cause only my older kid, 21, eats it. My 9yo doesn't care for it, nor my husband. He doesn't eat it unless I buy it, my 21 yo, so I just haven't bought it. He hasn't asked..

Hmm, hmm, hmmm!! It just seems to really screw up my digestion... Even shelled peanuts, but I can eat a snickers LMAO!!! :) maybe they use a different peanut! :laughing:

No, they don't use a different peanut; however, you probably get a lot less peanut in a Snickers bar then when you sit and eat some shelled peanuts.

You may also try investigating a mild peanut allergy. Mild peanut reactions tend to be gastrointestinal. Major reactions involve the skin and airways. You would not want something like this to progress. You might want to visit an allergist and ask them to do a simple skin pick test in the office. Your GP, if knowledgeable, could also run a blood test to check for the allergy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!