Peanut and Tree nut allergy at Food and Wine

cookingqueen

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have experience eating at the kiosks during the Food & Wine Expo with a peanut and tree nut allergy? My son is now old enough that he actually wants to try new foods- previous trips he was happy with snacks that we brought with us.
Do they have the allergen menu's at the kiosks? I would greatly appreciate any info on this!!

We were there last year and the few things my son was willing to try I just asked and they told me, but we stayed with things that were pretty "safe" bets for him (he's peanut / tree nut) - we avoided all baked goods. We had things like shepards pie, roasted meats on sticks and would double check on the marinades, etc... but he's also not adventurous.
I'd contact Disney Special Diets and ask them if the vendors at the kiosks will have food ingredient labels available. They may actually have some things listed.

I just heard back- for anyone who is also looking for this info, this is what they said:

Dear ,

Thank you for your message to the Walt Disney World Resort.

We're glad you've dined with us often in the past and plan on returning again next month. Food items offered at the booths during the Food and Wine Festival are prepared in small kitchens and there may be a chance for cross-contact. For that reason, special dietary offerings, requests and guides are not available. Please speak to a chef or manager at each kiosk and they will be happy to help answer any of your questions.

We hope your upcoming visit is memorable.

Thx for inquiring. I was thinking about that myself for DD. She has only been able to try a very small amt if food tastings there because of cross contamination issues. Hopefully they'll be more aware of Ingred

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter